Awoo.

Sonic and the Black Knight Help Topic.

DarkDefeater

I seem to have caused confusion while trying to clear it up. Tails doesn't say anything in-game about repairing weapons. BUT - if you go to the gallery, and look in Vault 8, Box 9: Blacksmith, he says:

(#13) I can't work on weapons while they're equipped!

Which would imply, since you can't equip a non-existent weapon, that at some point there was an idea, if not an actual plan, to repair and/or upgrade the equippable weapons. He also identifies Sonic's gauntlet and the three knights' weapons (#'s 6-9), which again I don't believe was done in the game as completed.

The original question was whether there were clips in the Gallery that weren't actually used in the game, and I was giving the above statement (admittedly paraphrased) as an example of one I KNEW wasn't in the game. The Blacksmith doesn't alter the weapons the knights already have, he crafts new ones, which is why you have to collect weapons as well as gems and treasure for their construction.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ovarloard

• -Mark-

• Unholy Sonic

• DarkDefeater

I seem to have caused confusion while trying to clear it up. Tails doesn't say anything in-game about repairing weapons. BUT - if you go to the gallery, and look in Vault 8, Box 9: Blacksmith, he says:

(#13) I can't work on weapons while they're equipped!

Which would imply, since you can't equip a non-existent weapon, that at some point there was an idea, if not an actual plan, to repair and/or upgrade the equippable weapons. He also identifies Sonic's gauntlet and the three knights' weapons (#'s 6-9), which again I don't believe was done in the game as completed.

The original question was whether there were clips in the Gallery that weren't actually used in the game, and I was giving the above statement (admittedly paraphrased) as an example of one I KNEW wasn't in the game. The Blacksmith doesn't alter the weapons the knights already have, he crafts new ones, which is why you have to collect weapons as well as gems and treasure for their construction.

That clears it up. I was wondering if there was an extra feature that allowed the Blacksmith to upgrade weapons, and I was also wondering how to unlock it (if it did exist).

Can anyone advise me on how to get the 5th star in Misty Ruin: Reach the goal? I've tried a variety of items and hitting vs not hitting the targets, and the poison ring trick, but the bet I've managed is 4 stars (carrying two string of pearls, as I recall). I topped out the followers a looong time ago, and I'm tired of this level.

Can anyone advise me on how to get the 5th star in Misty Ruin: Reach the goal? I've tried a variety of items and hitting vs not hitting the targets, and the poison ring trick, but the bet I've managed is 4 stars (carrying two string of pearls, as I recall). I topped out the followers a looong time ago, and I'm tired of this level.

Try using the Mermaid's Tear to prevent you from losing points for killing townspeople. Combine that with an item that gives points for chains. All I know is that I got a 5 star using Mermaid's Tear.

Theres a trick with the poison ring?

I tought that item was ubber crap!

W- whats the trick?

@ Zonikku

I think that skill starts working after you gain a whole bunch of followers.

@Unholy Sonic

Seconded. I always thought that thing just existed to make people go 'awww, I didn't get the world ring.' Speaking of which, do those things do anything, either?

The poison ring trick works only in Knight Style, after you get the Soul Barrier ability (not sure at what level you get it, check your status). Soul Barrier increases your Soul Gauge every time you lose rings. The poison ring constantly drains rings(although not below 0) which equals constant rebuilding of your Soul Gauge, and moreso with the ability that increases the Gauge while Sonic's running. In effect, you get nearly permanent Soul Surge ability, enabling very rapid transit times. I've managed to halve my times on several levels by using it. But unfortunately it didn't help me in Misty Lake.

(P.S. I didn't figure this out myself, I read it in Angnix's GameFAQs page)

And Mermaid's Tear and Lollipop did the trick. For some reason it hadn't occurred to me to do the aerial Soul Surge on the targets - one or more of the above made a 10,000 point difference!

Edited by Thrippa

The poison ring trick works only in Knight Style, after you get the Soul Barrier ability (not sure at what level you get it, check your status). Soul Barrier increases your Soul Gauge every time you lose rings. The poison ring constantly drains rings(although not below 0) which equals constant rebuilding of your Soul Gauge, and moreso with the ability that increases the Gauge while Sonic's running. In effect, you get nearly permanent Soul Surge ability, enabling very rapid transit times. I've managed to halve my times on several levels by using it. But unfortunately it didn't help me in Misty Lake.

I need to try this. I never knew this skill even existed, but I've already maxed out Knight style, so I should have it.

@ Zonikku

I think that skill starts working after you gain a whole bunch of followers.

I actually have enough followers, but it just suddenly doesn't work when I completed a mission.

I have been wondering if I have to use the power style and the speed style more in order for it to work again.

By the way, the Crest of the Wind is still working for me.

It was suggested earlier in the topic that if you earned one of the red icons you could lose the ability to touch-talk the villagers. I'm not sure if it's any of the icons or just specific ones, though. (Such as the one you get for killing townspeople.)