Awoo.

My idea of a Sonic RPG

Clyde the Hedgehog

I have this idea of a Sonic RPG that the Freedom Fighters can finally be on video games, that you can play as every Sonic and co., but the cool part you can create your own character(you know how you create a character on Phantasy Star or Monster Hunter) like you can choose models of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, etc. and custom them the way you want. On story mode their are two modes: main character mode and custom character mode. That on custom mode Sally(I already mention Freedom Fighters didn't I) can tell your c. character your objectives and stuff, and where to go by radio.

For me, I make a custom character to look like my fan made character, Clyde the Hedgehog(my avatar picture) or Clyde the BLUESNAKE(check my picture) (BLUESNAKE Clyde for short). This is a idea I thought up so I didn't say I making it.

Anyway, what you guys think of this idea.

I hope someone from SEGA read this, and make this a reality,but if they do I got a feeling they won't add the Freedom Fighters.sad.gif

Talking about Sonic RPG with creating custom fan made characters have anyone made a fan made game like this before for PC? If so where to download it.

The freedom fighters don't belong in the games.

A character creation system, especially one about modifying templates based on existing characters, is only going to encourage people to create terrible recolors and the like. It's bad enough as it is; we don't need a game encouraging it.

And that's basically all there is to this idea; you want to see the freedom fighters in a game, and you want to show off your fan character. It barely qualifies as an idea at all; there's nothing about the mechanics of the game, or a story, etc.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have to agree with you there, I don't want to encourage people to create terrible recolors ether. I think it was around the time I was leaving middle school and going into high school were I first though of a Sonic MMO kinda like Warcraft. But as I dove deeper into the Sonic Community and seeing all kinds of terrible recolors I soon realized that its a horrible idea and it should never be mentioned again.

HATERS GONNA HATE!!

Please give respect to earn respect.

By the way I think that game would be great, not only that but theres not that many snake characters in the sonic comics, and none in the games.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the perfect Sonic RPG would be like a sped-up Paper Mario. With loops.

A Paper Mario-like game would definitely be the ideal thing for a Sonic RPG. The battle system would definitely benefit from a few changes (ideally it'd be ATB-ish, with an actual party instead of main character + partner), but otherwise the formula could be copied blatantly and I wouldn't complain at all.

I think the biggest hurdle a new Sonic RPG would face is coming up with a storyline that's interesting without getting too much into the material from the mid-2000s games or, like Chronicles, just stealing the whole plot from Archie. It doesn't help that so many of the platformers have drawn from the well of RPG cliches already, either. I've tried to think of a few possibilities myself, but the end result is usually a little too dark and/or grand in scale for the kind of game a Sonic RPG ought to be.

• Fist Bump 1

• 8 years later...
On 11/15/2010 at 2:49 PM, Diogenes said:

A character creation system, especially one about modifying templates based on existing characters, is only going to encourage people to create terrible recolors and the like. It's bad enough as it is; we don't need a game encouraging it

*7 Years Later*

Sonic Forces: Am I a Joke To You

*gets email notification about recent reply*

I totally forgot I made this topic here. lol

• Chuckle 1