Awoo.

Who would you want playable in the future titles?

Kuzu

Seeing how Sega hasn't forgotten most of the extended cast, with their appearance in Colors DS.

At this point, anybody that isn't Tails, or Knuckles(Because we all know they have the highest chance out of everyone).

List what abilities they would have, and how could they work in the game.

Everyone.

...I'm serious. There isn't a single character that's still part of this series that I wouldn't want to see playable (well, maybe Cream...). For me it's not a matter of "who", but of "who first" (since it isn't feasible for everyone to get in).

• Thumbs Up 4

Same here man. I'm tired of all the Sonic-only games since Secret Rings just because people don't like his "Sh*tty friends."

Heroes 2 please.

Most of all I want Team Dark to appear more, yes all of em. In Free Riders they definitely made me love them again, why? Because they're assholes. They make much interesting Rivals to the triple threat than the Babylon Rouges ever did, just for the fact they have their own personality.

How about I just go through a list instead...

Tails: For fuck's sake, you bring back the Sonic/Tails pairing in Colours and don't think to make the latter playable at all? Massive missed opportunity there, Sega.

Knux: Only if he's not thrown in for the sole sake of being there. His appearance in '06 was a massive asspull and most of the games surrounding it aren't much better at it.

Shadow: I have no objections. He was starting to grow out of his clone status around '06 and I'd like to see his gameplay expand more, preferably focused a lot more on his Chaos powers next time around.

Rouge: Okay seriously now, where the fuck has Rouge been for the past 5 or so years? I'm willing to bet she got a small role in Free Riders, but that's not enough. Though the execution in '06 was disastrously poor, I did like the general idea behind a more gadget-oriented Rouge and I'd like to see more of that to make her less of a Knux clone.

Eggman: Only because he doesn't get enough playable roles. There's a lot of potential to play around with - if not bringing the mech back or making his eggpod playable, I could definently see him ordering Badniks around Pikmin style and doing a decent job of it.

Metal Sonic: Indifferent. I don't mind him showing up, but there's really no room for him to develop anymore.

Amy: Nobody ever seems to get her gameplay right, which is a shame because I really wanted to be able to swing a big fucking hammer around and feel powerful about doing it. Most of the time she's either played off as a wuss or a complete broken mess (hi Sonic '06 yet again), and I'd like to see that remedied. If they can manage that, sure, go for it.

Cream: Fuck you, Cheese is awesome. Bring her back just so we can watch a tiny Chao effortlessly tear the shit out of some robot ass.

Silver: Deserves a second chance, with object physics that don't suck. Throw touchscreen or Wiimote controls in with it and you have a winner.

Mephiles: Multiplayer cameo. It'd be wrong to see another canon appearance, but I do want to see those darkness powers a little more indepth.

Tikal: Ditto, mostly because she was my main in SA2 but also because I wanna see that spirit-ball movement thing as an actual game mechanic.

Team Chaotix: Mostly because I want to see Charmy again, strangely enough. Dunno what it is I like about 'em, maybe I just like everyone else's reactions. That and infinite flight ala Knux Chaotix is awesome. Don't mind Espio and Vector coming back alongside, I realize it's kinda obligatory for the whole group to show up at once anyway. Unless there's a retcon or something.

Babylon Rouges: Only because I want to see Jet with a wind-based mechanic in something other than a Riders game. Dunno how Wave and Storm would work though, maybe they just follow him around and act as strikers when needed.

How about I just go through a list instead...

Babylon Rouges: Only because I want to see Jet with a wind-based mechanic in something other than a Riders game. Dunno how Wave and Storm would work though, maybe they just follow him around and act as strikers when needed.

Surely I'm not the only one out here who desperately wants to play as Captain Whisker.

I love his funny character and interesting design for one, and I remember finally facing him and witnessing his combat abilities in the Pirates' Island boss fight and thinking to myself... "I want to do that!" Robotic arm missiles, fire breathing action, and Super Mario-esque ground pounding? Awesome. Add some epic cutlass combat in there and you've got someone I'd want to main as every time when I got the chance.

This all coming from a fighting game standpoint of course. I want another Sonic fighting game with playable Whisker (and Erazor, kthx), goddommot.

Johnny's another character that I would find very interesting to play as. Unlike the rest of the Fly Type characters (Tails, Rouge, Cream, Silver, etc.), Johnny is capable of flying super duper freaking fast without tiring from a mere three seconds of sustained flight. He's essentially an airborne Speed Type, capable of boosting in the air. He's also capable of attacking whilst doing so (headbutt uppercut ftw). I could imagine some interesting levels that could fully play to his abilities... high speed, mostly airborne, with flying obstacle avoidance and vertical platforming segments. Essentially a flying Sonic kind of gameplay, if you will. I'm sure that same formula could be implemented for some awesome underwater segments as well, because there's no freaking way that a robot guy with a torpedo for a head can't swim.

hnnnnnggg why are villains never playable this irks me to no end

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

As a fan of Sonic Advance 2 I've really wanted to play as Cream in 3D for a long time. =( She isn't the most interesting character (outside of Sonic X), but she has such a cute design.

But yeah generally I want to see everyone playable in a proper platformer here and there as the years go by.

id like to see all the characters playable in a main game some time soon but I'm most looking ford to being able to play as shadow. hes just so bad ass and with is new voice actor hes got class too :D

Edited by Nretsew the hedgehog

I would like to see Shade the Echidna appear in a future Sonic game as a playable character. But sadly Sega seems to hate Shade.

• Thumbs Up 1

Everyone.

...I'm serious. There isn't a single character that's still part of this series that I wouldn't want to see playable (well, maybe Cream...). For me it's not a matter of "who", but of "who first" (since it isn't feasible for everyone to get in).

I'm with ya Dio. Also don't you think it would be better if you could make a list for each character?

...or you don't have to if you want. I just enjoy reading a lot of your posts. :)

So aside from our principal hero, there isn't really any character that I don't want to see. Just about everyone should be free to appear...if we're not taking plot into consideration. But unfortunately, I'm not the kind of person to do that. B)

But here's the list anyway:

Tails - I'm going to give each character a certain relation to something else to explain how they could be enjoyable. For Tails, he'd be an Apache helicopter with legs. Being able to fly is fun, and you'd be an idiot to say otherwise. However, being an open target is not, and simply flying alone can get bland. On the ground, Tails has his tails and the last thing a foe wants is to be caught in the swing of both of them. But in addition to that, he could have an arsenal of energy weaponry (so as to avoid the look and feel that was presented with the human weaponry in ShTH) that he could use on the ground and in the air so as not to be defenseless.

Shadow - Shadow is a precision guided missile. War may be hell, but blowing shit up is damn fun! Him being "precision guided" means that his attacks aren't always going to be all over the place, and under a degree of control that you're not blowing up too much or anything unnecessary. Whereas the "missile" part means that he can move himself at high-speeds and destroy a large portion of the area around him. As for what kind of missile, that depends on how he's used: he could have the strength of C4, a Tomahawk, or if at his peak, a nuke.

Knuckles - While Shadow is a missle, Knuckles is an magnitude 6-10 earthquake. Let the guy punch the ground once and you're likely to be FUCKED! His power is straight up destruction, and the only thing about him is that only his weaker attacks (well, define "weak" for Knuckles) has any kind of precision. He's Shadow without control, and the stronger his attacks are, the more likely they are to affect more than just his foe.

Rouge - An F117-NightHawk. Rouge is stealthy as she is armed, resourceful, and dangerous. She has the gear to get her in and out of many secured areas, and with her own strength to back it up. She has a certain finesse and precision upclose and personal that would make a sniper piss their pants. And from afar, she is anything but deadly. The only difference is that she doesn't cause a lot of destruction. She's deadly in her own right, but she isn't capable of toppling a city block with her raw power alone...but then again she doesn't need to.

Silver - A mass inverter/gravity gun. Take control of this guy, and the laws of physics are your bitch...well certain kinds of them. He's pretty much the only character so far who can redirect projectiles back to sender. A missile? No thanks. A boulder? Not my birthday, yet. Laser? Rejected. And the guy can get around on his own weight too, as for someone who is telekinetic he can make himself light as a feather and fly like a bat out of hell. If anything, he'd probably be the most dangerous of the Heroes simply because of how his powers work.

Blaze - anything from a forest fire to an erupting volcano. Kids, Blaze is here to remind you: do NOT play with fire, lest ye get burned, or worse, incinerated. Hell, she might be able to disintegrate your ass if she can make the flames hot enough. With this character, you are granted immunity from anything fire-based. Fire will just tickle, forest fires is her way of taking a bath, and molten lava? Oh please, it's just another ground for her to walk on. For a princess, she is far too damn dangerous. I'd like to see Bowser try to take her to another castle...and live.

Eggman - a military dictator with a mind that would make Einstein jealous. The guy seems to do a little less combat even in his mechs, but boy can this guy be deadly. I can't really think of much to do for him other than to let us go on a rampage in his mech...also would it kill the developers if they could let us explore in his headquarters for reasons other than blowing it up? Seriously, they're too cool. Let us soak in the beauty before we ruin it.

Big: okay, I got nothing...and no I haven't play Chronicles. I'm sure there is something this guy can do. I mean really, they made Cream useful, so I don't see how Big should only be relegated to something useless or, for you haters out there, should be killed off. There's something for the big purple cat, and if anything it actually rather safe to pull something out of a vacuum for him.

Okay, my brain just went mush. If I have anything else I say it later on. Other characters would've been Shade, Omega, Amy, Cream, The Chaotix, and the Babylon.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

What a great topic! It's about damn time^_^!

So i want these characters to be playable:

Shadow. I LOVE the black hedgehog and his chaos abilities. I don't get it when people say he's Sonic's recolor. He's sure more than that. I like how he acts too. He was awesome in Free riders.

Silver. Okay, Sonic 06 was bad. But it's not SIlver's fault. His abilities could be well implemented if done right, so give him a chance. He deserves it.

Blaze. I'm not even going to explain. She's awesome and it's such a pity we could barely play as her in S06, because even there she was great. One of the best characters for sure.

Knuckles. He wasn't involved in the story since Sonic heroes. I'm not counting Shth[because he was a filler character there] and S06[same reason]. And bring back his gliding and climbing abilities! I wouldn't mind some kind of beat-em-up style too. Oh yeah: bring back Master emerald ^_^!

Tails. He was there since Sonic 2, he's Sonic's best friend. How the hell did that happen that we haven't played as Tails involved in the main story since Sonic adventure 1?! Yes, he was in heroes, but it wasn't technically him. It was Team Sonic. And in 06..Well, we know how amigos were handled there.

Shade. The series lacks strong female characters. Shade is the perfect candidate for that. We got Blaze, but it isn't enough. She looks awesome, her character needs more development, she's an echidna. Shade could be well-suited for a new main 3D game with Knuckles' story involved.

Metal Sonic. Cause he's badass. And we haven't really played as him in a 3D Sonic game since..Well, if not counting Sa2B multiplayer and some action replay codes for him to be in 1P mode, we haven't played as him in ANY 3D Sonic game yet.

E-123 Omega. Another badass robot. Even as a part of team in heroes he was soo badass! With his arsenal he could be a death-machine. The shooting-anihilating style of gameplay fits him perfectly.

Amy Rose. IMO she was awesome in Sonic adventure. I loved punching those bastards with her Piko-piko hammer xD. She was a bit too slow, but she could be faster in a new game. BTW we haven't played as her in a main 3D game since Sonic adventure 1 ^^. You know what i would say about heroes and 06, don't you? ^_^

Eggman. I'm not even going to explain. He MUST be playable in some main 3D game. I don't care what everybody says. He was awesome in Sonic adventure 2 [character-wise and gameplay-wise] and i would like that to return.

I don't mind some other characters like Espio, Cream, Big and others to be playable.

Oh i almost forgot Babylon Rouges, cause they're awesome too ^_^. Especially Wave ^_^!

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hmm, let's see, some characters to bring back..............

How about you just bring back the main characters from SA1 or SA2 and leave it at that, right SEGA? No more pulling some Sonic/Cream lookalikes out of your ass and using them for a single game, either make characters that are consistently in the series or just don't make any new characters at all.

As a fan of Sonic Advance 2 I've really wanted to play as Cream in 3D for a long time. =( She isn't the most interesting character (outside of Sonic X), but she has such a cute design.

What a great topic! It's about damn time^_^!

So i want these characters to be playable:

Shadow. I LOVE the black hedgehog and his chaos abilities. I don't get it when people say he's Sonic's recolor. He's sure more than that. I like how he acts too. He was awesome in Free riders.

Silver. Okay, Sonic 06 was bad. But it's not SIlver's fault. His abilities could be well implemented if done right, so give him a chance. He deserves it.

Blaze. I'm not even going to explain. She's awesome and it's such a pity we could barely play as her in S06, because even there she was great. One of the best characters for sure.

Knuckles. He wasn't involved in the story since Sonic heroes. I'm not counting Shth[because he was a filler character there] and S06[same reason]. And bring back his gliding and climbing abilities! I wouldn't mind some kind of beat-em-up style too. Oh yeah: bring back Master emerald ^_^!

Tails. He was there since Sonic 2, he's Sonic's best friend. How the hell did that happen that we haven't played as Tails involved in the main story since Sonic adventure 1?! Yes, he was in heroes, but it wasn't technically him. It was Team Sonic. And in 06..Well, we know how amigos were handled there.

Shade. The series lacks strong female characters. Shade is the perfect candidate for that. We got Blaze, but it isn't enough. She looks awesome, her character needs more development, she's an echidna. Shade could be well-suited for a new main 3D game with Knuckles' story involved.

Metal Sonic. Cause he's badass. And we haven't really played as him in a 3D Sonic game since..Well, if not counting Sa2B multiplayer and some action replay codes for him to be in 1P mode, we haven't played as him in ANY 3D Sonic game yet.

E-123 Omega. Another badass robot. Even as a part of team in heroes he was soo badass! With his arsenal he could be a death-machine. The shooting-anihilating style of gameplay fits him perfectly.

Amy Rose. IMO she was awesome in Sonic adventure. I loved punching those bastards with her Piko-piko hammer xD. She was a bit too slow, but she could be faster in a new game. BTW we haven't played as her in a main 3D game since Sonic adventure 1 ^^. You know what i would say about heroes and 06, don't you? ^_^

Eggman. I'm not even going to explain. He MUST be playable in some main 3D game. I don't care what everybody says. He was awesome in Sonic adventure 2 [character-wise and gameplay-wise] and i would like that to return.

I don't mind some other characters like Espio, Cream, Big and others to be playable.

Oh i almost forgot Babylon Rouges, cause they're awesome too ^_^. Especially Wave ^_^!

Edited by Shadic93

I'm with ya Dio. Also don't you think it would be better if you could make a list for each character?

...or you don't have to if you want. I just enjoy reading a lot of your posts. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Knuckles: I rant a lot about how they have Knuckles running off to do whatever while leaving the emerald unguarded, but that doesn't mean I don't want him to show up; they just need to make an effort to justify it and acknowledge his duties. Knuckles has a lot of useful abilities that have been underused lately; his S3&K moveset was already pretty slick, and they can also work in some more combat-based moves and maybe steal Colors' Drill power.

I had fun playing as Tails and Knuckles back in the old days, but I really can't see how they'd function well in 3D games withought 1) becoming Sonic-moveset clones or 2) conjuring up a brand new set of scrappy mechanics. I know that's an unpopular view, and I applaud your faith in Sega for believing they could pull it off, but alas.

Sonic first and Sonic only for my money.

...okay, one fanboyish request: It'd be cool to play as Metal Sonic in a dark side series of levels. As long as they were original levels like Sonic Adventure 2 (yes, I know they reused the level tiles), and not copy-pastes with minimal differences like Sonic Heroes.

Well, it seems I am in a minority here. I never much cared for anyone past the original cast of four, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy. Of coarse, I'm a pretty hardcore purist. I don't care what anyone thinks, really. I would have a lot more fun playing as Amy then I would with some character like Shadow.

Shadow seemed "ok" for Sonic Adventure 2, but I don't think he should of ever left that game. Even then, I find that game to be way to serious-like so I never cared for it as much as Sonic Adventure, but that topic is for another time.

I would want Knuckles playable, Knuckles has allot of moves to pull of and tricks that can keep gameplay interesting, and his character was developed along with his gameplay (Except for digging, but it became playable in both Adventure games). I didn't mind the treasure hunting levels in both, but I think we should have something like warehog, only a little faster and smooth and with adventure type of platforming combined. I also wouldn't mind Silver playable, with such powers like that it could be fun if done right, but like Blacklightning suggested, giving Wiimote or Touch screen controls for his gameplay would be a nice move.

Edited by Alex2beta

About Metal Sonic, why don't use a "make your own skillset" mechanic like they did with Emerl in Sonic Battle? I would love to see something like that again,

It has the plus that it makes (cannonical) sense... Since (as we have seen in Sonic Heroes and Free Riders) Metal is able to copy data about everything he sees and use it as his own.