Awoo.

Tales of Knighthood / Face To Faith

Doctor MK

2132376382.jpg2132376383.jpg

The Tales of Knighthood original soundtrack is comprised of two discs with 68 songs pulled from the game. Fans of Sonic music will find work from such classic Sonic series composers as Jun Senoue, Richard Jacques, Yutaka Minobe and Howard Drossin, as well as the likes of Tommy Tallarico and guitarist Hikaru Tanimoto.

Face To Faith, a vocal soundtrack for the game, will include the game's main theme song, Knight of the Wind, along with a variety of themes performed by Senoue's band Crush 40. Buyers can also look forward to bonus tracks in the form of remixes and instrumental versions.

Both soundtracks are now available in Japan (8th April) as far as I'm aware.

However, for those wanting a US / EU release, fear not. Crush 40 said this back in March of this year...

We will let you know the details of the soundtrack CD of SBK soon. It will be out for US / EU market in the near future.

Still no update on that but at least we know the soundtrack should be on the way.

So, what do you guys think of the soundtrack? Have you bought it / Will you be buying it?

DOWNLOADS

SONIC AND THE BLACK KNIGHT ORIGINAL SOUNDTRAX: TALES OF KNIGHTHOOD

SONIC AND THE BLACK KNIGHT VOCAL TRAX: FACE TO FAITH

Edited by MK Skillz

Can't wait for it. I absoloutely adore Sonic music and will totally buy this if it comes out here even if I've downloaded it first beforehand.

I'm a bit sad that the tracks don't have custom names this time (like Secret Rings' soundtrack) but as long as they give me the other bonus of OSTs I'll be happy: Song endings. I love it when they have a special ending for a song you've previously only got to hear looping (fade-outs for the lose). I'm hoping Through The Fire and Fight The Knight are slightly extended though. In the game they just go verse-chorus-secondverse-chorus and then repeat, making them feel like quite short repetetive songs and very "gamey". I'd love to hear these songs in a way that makes them sound... well, more like full songs, lol.

Also very excited about Lee Brotherton's Seven Rings remix.

Highlights of the album I'll be looking forward to are Deep Woods, Shrouded Forest, Crystal Cave and Molten Mine, as well as a few pieces of cut-scene music. Can't wait to see who wrote these ones (even though I'm pretty sure it's Rich for the first two, Jun for the second and Tommy for the third).

Yutaka Minobe
I love this guy. His music for lost jungle and the doom are just breathtaking, as I look at the background scenery. I'm glad they're keeping jun busy too. I can't wait to get it.

Been waiting for "Face to Faith" for far too long, it seems. Just got done listening to the low-quality rips I have of the first three vocal songs for the umpteenth time.

Adressed to JezMM: I think in the "Through the Fire" and "Fight the Knight" songs, what you think are the choruses are actually the verses. Listen to both songs and you'll see that the lyrics to what you call the choruses are different the second time the "fight the knight / slash and fight through the fire" part of the song plays. MOST chorus's don't change lyrics the second time they are played, so that's why I think these are the verses of the songs. That would mean we haven't heard the real chorus of either song yet, and that the opening to each song is just a divider between the verses. Anyways, that's what I hope. I guess we won't know until someone gets the CD and posts the link on this forum.

I'll be eagerly watching this topic to see when the album has been posted for download. Of course, I'll buy it when it gets to America as well, but I can't wait much longer to hear that Crush 40 cover of "With Me"!

Yeah, definitely looking forward to this. I primarily want to hear the bonus tracks, actually, but I also want a straight-forward version of Fight the Knight, Through the Fire, and With Me. I don't particularly care for Live Life, personally.

Oh yes, and the soundtrack itself is awesome, too. ^^

Forgot to mention this: I cannot wait to hear the CD quality "Knight Of the Wind". The game rips I've downloaded RUIN the guitar to the point where it sounds like a keyboard imitating a guitar. I thought this was a problem with the engineering of the song, because it also sounded terrible when played through my television. Then I unplugged my DirecTV reciever, and stereo sound came back to my telivison. It was like listening to the song for the first time; I could hear the guitar correctly, and every seperate layer of Johnny's vocals.

Ultima Hedgie: The version of "With Me" you hear in-game IS the full version, except it is missing the ending (so it loops). The song goes: Intro-verse1-chorus-verse2-chorus-guitar solo-verse1-chorus-*loop*. I have a high-quality rip, so I know what I'm talking about. But yeah, I'm also looking forward to the "straight-forward" versions of "Fight the Knight" and "Through the Fire". Hopefully they exist in a realm outside our collective imagination.

Also, you don't like "Live Life"? Shame on you! That's my second favourite song out of the three we have right now. "With Me" is still my favourite of the momment, at least until I hear the Crush 40 cover.

I heard shadow's theme had a remix (throwing it all away *SA2B*). Is this true?

No, that turned out to be completely false. The first few seconds (30 or so) of the song DO play when you first meet Sir Lancelot, but it's just the original version of the song. The Crush 40 remix of "All Hail Shadow" can be unlocked by gaining the Lancelot Medal during the fight with him, but that's it. Knuckles' "Unknown from M.E." is the same way, playing when you meet him in the game; that song also exists in medal form, and can be played in-game.

The remix of Vella Nova (Blazes Theme) DOES exist however; it's played when the Lancelot Medal is equipped. Also, Crush 40's remake of "Seven Rings In Hand" is unlocked by finding all seven World Rings in the "Legends" series of missions.

Hope I helped you out. I'm REALLY big on the SatBK soundtrack. So much better than the crap that is Sonic Unleashed.

Willing to buy the jap versions of these, just need to bloody stop spending money and start saving.....

I have to admit I was very dissapointed there was no remix, it's one of my fave Sonic vocal songs. And just to be extra offensive they didn't even use my favourite part (the chorus of course), though I guess the sort of sad sound to it wouldn't be that appropriate for Lancelot's appearence, lol.

Been looking for downloads for past 20 mins and nothing xD anyone know if any downlaods have popped up?

Been looking for downloads for past 20 mins and nothing xD anyone know if any downlaods have popped up?

Not that I know of.

Give it a day or so, that'll give people time to get the soundtrack and upload it.

That said though, if anyone does manage to find a download link then by all means post it. I'm sure a lot of people here will be very grateful for it.

And even if I do download it beforehand, I still plan on buying the soundtrack. I've always wanted a Sonic soundtrack to call my own, and you don't get much better than Sonic & The Black Knight in terms of music. :D

Playasia informed me that mine are in the post yesterday, so I'll probably get it in the next 2/3 weeks or so. I think I've got the Japan versions, but I pre-ordered them such a long time ago I've forgotten the details. Although I'm probably going to have to pay the random customs fees that'll be slapped onto the product... bastards...

I got mine with EMS shipping and was informed yesterday that they were shipped out, so I should see them within the next couple of days.

Full soundtrack track listings:

TALES OF KNIGHTHOOD

Disc 1

1. Knight of the Wind - Title ver.

2. Black Sword in the Sky

3. Into the Story of the King Arthur

4. Misty Lake

5. Introduction - Merlina's Request

6. The Island of the Sacred Sword

7. The Sacred Sword Caliburn... Meet the King Arthur

8. Fight the Knight - Strings Mix

9. A Fool of a Knight

10. Knave The Hedgehog and Oversized Letter Opener

11. To The Blacksmith

12. Theme of Merlina

13. World Map - The Land Ruled by King Arthur

14. Camelot Castle

15. Treasury and Emblem - The Journey of Chivalry

16. I'm The Blacksmith

17. Deep Woods

18. Sir Lancelot Appears

19. Calm After the Battle... Arondight

20. Nimue... Lady of the Lake

21. Three Days After... Almost Make It To Meet the Deadline

22. To the Rescue... A Knight's Law

23. Titanic Plain

24. Sir Gawain Appear - Butt Rap Mix

25. More To Be A Knight Than to Serve Your King

26. Crystal Cave

27. Knight's Lesson... A True Knight

28. Molten Mine

29. Sir Percival... The Knight of the Grail

30. Sir Sonic... Knight of the Wind

31. Head to Avalon

32. Showdown with King Arthur / Knight of the Wind Instrumental Mix

33. Glory of Victory

34. Knight of the Wind - Original ver.

Disc 2

1. Knight of the Wind - TGS 2008 Trailer ver.

2. Orders from the Illusion

3. Merlina - Her Wicked Smile

4. The End of the World

5. Escape from the Destruction

6. Knights Passage

7. For The Kingdom and Its People

8. Shrouded Forest

9. Great Megalith

10. The Cauldron

11. The Barrier

12. Dragon's Lair

13. Dragon Slayer

14. Into the Dark Hollow

15. Merlina - The Queen of the Underworld

16. It Doesn't Matter

17. Transform Into Excalibur Sonic

18. Live Life - Merlina & Sonic

19. Denouement... True King Arthur

20. The King's Peril

21. Blacksmith

22. Battle Menu

23. Faraway Avalon

24. Stage Clear

25. Result No.1 - Five Stars, Awesome!

26. Result No.2 - So, So... Okay!

27. Result No.3 - One Star, Try Next Time

28. The Ash Grove - Main Menu

29. System Screen - Option

30. System Screen - Ranking

31. System Screen - Name Entry

32. System Screen - Gallery

33. Fan Art - It Doesn't Matter

34. Knight of the Wind - Acoustic ver.

FACE TO FAITH

1. Knight of the Wind

2. Fight the Knight

3. Through the Fire

4. With Me

5. Live Life

6. Seven Rings in Hand (Bentley Jones Version)

7. With Me (Crush 40 Version)

8. Knight of the Wind (Instrumental)

9. With Me (Instrumental)

10. Live Life (Instrumental)

Cool. Thanks for that.

Sounds awesome. Definitely like the fact that With Me is one of the instrumentals, though not so much about Live Life. Definitely want to hear Bentley Jones Seven Rings in Hand and Crush 40 With Me, though I would've preferred hearing Bentley Jones sing With Me, IMO. It just doesn't seem like something which would work well with Crush 40.

YouTube - Crush 40 - With Me

Not mine. Watch in HQ, judge, and pray for someone uploading the whole thing soon.

That's pretty cool. I don't think it's as good as the All Ends version, but good nonetheless.

In terms of downloads, this is the closest I've found... I'm not keen on downloading files that haven't been tested first (plus I don't have an account on this particular site) but apparently here's some Face To Faith downloads:

http://rapidlibrary.com/index.php?q=sonic+face+to+faith

If someone is brave enough to test them out and give us the verdict then it would be appreciated.

Or we could just wait it out until SOAH uploads the album, I guess.

No luck with Tales of Knighthood downloads yet though. Which is a shame, I want all of that schmexy cutscene music. :D

Wow, that Crush 40 version is very good. Wasn't expecting that. I don't think I've head Johnny sound so dark since "I Am...All of Me".

Any way anyone can post the Crush 40 mix of with me in an MP3 format? I can't get WinRAR or WinZIP on my computer.

This is what I've been waiting for, for ages! Crush 40 With Me~

*listens* ....

Wow, Johnny's singing voice is...awesome. 8O Yus, I really like this version! Squee~ <3 It would've worked well as the Final Boss tune, though it does sound a bit darker in a way.

Hmm... Its actually a lot better than I thought. Cool. Still like the original better here (unlike in the cases of All Hail Shadow, His World, and Seven Rings in Hand), but its quite awesome.