Awoo.

Watchmen (2009)

Kevin

I want you all to know I tried.

I tried to give Zack Snyder a break, I really did. I tried to judge the film on its own merits, honestly.

But I said "Fuck You Zack Snyder" about ten times as I watched that movie. I'll admit, a few were for the needless sloe-motion, but there were also a couple for the overly self-indulgent camera angles when a simple shot would have been much more effective, a couple for some dialogue changes, and certainly one for using "Hallelujah" in the sex scene.

Yes, a good 90-95% of the book is faithful to the book, and should be commended for that. But it just makes it all the more frustrating when somethnig gets changed, when it really didn't need to be. I don't even have too many complaints about what got cut out, because I understand of the constraints he would have had. But come on.

Adrian Veidt lost so much of his character in the film, particularly the ending.

And that could have been so easily avoided.

My overall thoughts? Average.

EDIT - to avoid sounding unreasonable, I just want to say I too thought that opening credit sequence was pretty damn good. And despite having to skimp down on his Chapter (understable due to aforementioned constraints) they pretty much nailed Rorschach, though I always personally imagined him with a monotone voice.

Edited by Covskin

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Patticus

• Aoi

• Kevin

• Wyde

Top Posters In This Topic

Alot of my friends want to see it and...I don't get why? I thought the trailer looked really boring >.> but then I don't know what it's actually about.

Mollfie all you have to know is there is a LOT of blue pee-pee in it so that should be enough to make girls go. XD Makes a change from boobs and vagina's at every turn.

It was funny to go to school on Monday and find out that everyone HATED it and I loved it. The hate did come from all my cheerleader/jock type friends though. So yeah. :(

Mollfie all you have to know is there is a LOT of blue pee-pee in it so that should be enough to make girls go. XD Makes a change from boobs and vagina's at every turn.

My friend saw Watchmen yesterday and he told me about the blue pee-pee.

OHHHH YERRRR SO GONNA SEE IT NOWS! <333

Naw, the film doesn't look like my cuppa tea, it just doesn't interest me at all..so I won't see it anyway. XP

Besides, if I want to see real male nudity (not um...CGI), I can watch the Reader for excessive-ness and Cold Mountain for Jude Law's buttie. BD

Edited by Gabz Girl

To be honest, the film isn't going to appeal half as much to those unfamiliar with the graphic novel as it will to those who have read it. It's a very complex thing, and it can be quite impenetrable at first, which I suppose is why it hasn't been as well received as it might if Watchmen was required reading by law. Which it should be.

Quick question here, I really want to see this movie but blood, gore, and disturbing violence doesn't exactly sit well with me. I have seen some gorey movies such as Planet Terror, Dawn of the Dead (Both versions), American Psycho, 28 Weeks Later, etc, most of which without wincing (Except at a certain eye gouging scene in 28 Weeks Later). I hear this movie is quite gorey, and I read descriptions of some scenes that I won't spoil for others that sound extremely gorey and violent, but if I was able to sit through movies I said before, will I be able to make it through Watchmen? Again, not the best gore guy, but I can take it if there are few scenes with extreme gore that are only shot for a couple of seconds.