Awoo.

Most difficult bosses

-Mark-

Well, there have been some pretty tough bosses in Sonic's history, but which ones would you say gave you the absolute most trouble?

Having replayed Sonic Rush Adventure these last two days, I'd have to say beating the Big Swell boss in Blaze's mission just might be the most stupidly difficult boss I've ever seen in a Sonic game. The last non-Super Sonic boss in the original Rush I found pretty damn hard at the time too, although going back to it, Big Swell Blaze mission is much, much harder. D=

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• ovarloard

• -Mark-

• CreamyBagel

I didn't have trouble with that SRA mission.

The hardest ones for me were Sonic 2's final one and FUCKING SKY CANYON RAGE.

Metal Sonic in Sonic CD was pretty tough as was Egg Viper, but not to the level of those 2.

Yeah, Egg Viper was kinda hard, but that was mostly the part where he could one-hit kill you at the last second, for me.

Yeah, Egg Viper was kinda hard, but that was mostly the part where he could one-hit kill you at the last second, for me.

Tell me about it, damn camera angle, it still fucks me up sometimes :(

Sonic Advance 3, Chaos Angel boss. Anyone but Cream.

Don't know if it's the lack of space of if I just don't like warp pipes.

Edited by Yong

Hmm, I have to think back to my Genesis days when those games were still hard.

The final boss of Sonic 2 used to kill me a lot as a kid, but I usually had the continues to win in a war of attrition and trial and error. Still he would get me all the time with those huge arms. I also had lots of trouble with the Lava Reef boss before I found out where the flame shield was on the way down. That spiky bastard. I wasn't very good with precision jumping back then. And the first level crab boss of Sonic 2 GG will kill me even today. You have about ten feet of space to judge where the bomb will fall, to jump or crawl up that incline, or fall into the jaws of death. He's such a ridiculous boss for a first level, but I love that game.

The modern bosses are mostly unimpressive to me, but there's a memorable one about every game. The Egg Viper claimed a bunch of lives on my first playthrough of SA1. Great boss, and even though he's easy to me now, I love to fight him. One of the Egg Dealers from SHtH used to kill me all the time. Each Egg Dealer is identical, but one of the arenas have those little Black Arms bat creatures leading to the center platform. The homing attack and poor camera angle would conspire to kill me all the time, because I'd attack a bat without meaning to and fall to my death. Very frustrating until I learned how to time the homing attack for that boss. Both Erazor bosses from SatSR killed me a lot, and I love those fights for a challenge. And I don't think Uhu counts as a boss, but I loved racing that little Ghostwriter thing, and it kicked my ass plenty of times.

The Rush series has some of the best bosses to date, IMO, though I've only played the first. The Altitude Limit and Final Zone bosses both claimed plenty of lives. I wonder what that game would be like on a lives only system. I think I'll try that.

Edited by Badnikz

I'd have to say Death Egg with Knuckles in Sonic 2. Not because the fight is difficult but because the game has a bad habit of glitching Knux through the Egg Mech when you hit him. Exception in Sonic Rush is is really difficult but only when you're trying to get a S-rank, it's the only S-rank I haven't achieved in that game.

Egg Viper. It would have been better if it wasn't so long and at least had better camera angles if they were going to do the suicide strike.

Iblis Phase 3. It took me forever to realize you could pick up that super giant rock he throws at you after you blast his head.

Sonic Advance 2 Extra Boss. An awesome battle, but really hard. Need more rings.

Sonic Advance 3 Ice Level Boss. If the pit that's chasing you isn't enough, dodging Gemerl's a chore.

Edited by SuperStingray

Dark Gaia was pretty tough, I had to wait forever for the action button to appear and by that time he'd already killed me.

Perfect Chaos was pretty hard at first becaus whenever Sonic hit something he slowed down dramatically making it difficult to charge at Chaos.

The toughest boss I have ever played would have to be.

Well every time you fight Silver in Sonic The Hedgehog (360/PS3)

You cant go anywhere near him but when you do he grabs you -_-'

The only time to attack is when he picks up stuff and that was kinda annoying.

-If Sonic Mega Collection Plus didn´t have the save option i would never beat the final boss in Sonic 2 and 3.

-Egg Viper really annoyed me a lot -__- : I used to fell a lot of times instead of hitting Eggman (when you get on the arms), sometimes i didn´t hit him and i ran out of plataforms, and then that final blow when he goes bersheck -__-

-I can´t beat Egg Devil Ray in Sonic Unleashed. Well, i havent´played for a while, so when i can i´ll give a try.

Replying to NitroFKS

"It's no use!" lol

Silver's last boss in sonic 06 is a MUTHA to kill.

I STILL haven't figured him out

Edited by Stuart twentythree

Replying to NitroFKS

"It's no use!" lol

Silver's last boss in sonic 06 is a MUTHA to kill.

I STILL haven't figured him out

When he throws the giant rock at you, use telekinesis to grab it and throw it back.

Difficult? You mean cheap? Because I can say a lot of them, the boss from Adabat daytime, run around and around and around it's so tedious.. Then what's his name the Biolizard, he was actually difficult, quite possibly the most difficult 3D boss for me.

I'd have to go with Erazor the 2nd time around....I always have some trouble with that ^^; Metal Sonic in Sonic CD can be a bit of a hassle sometimes too.....hate it when he attacks you and gets ahead!

The first couple of times around, Biolizard was hard for me....but now I can beat 'em quite easily. I have a strange love of the circular arena for that fight.

When he throws the giant rock at you, use telekinesis to grab it and throw it back.

Yeah, but I never can seem to finish him off before he destroys the whole platform.

I think my Sonic 06 might be glitched. Or I REALLY suck

Sonic 2 for the GameGear.

Just... Sonic 2 for the GameGear.

And Sonic 2 with Knuckles. Death Egg. *shudders*

Edited by Indigo Rush

This. It took me FOREVER to beat the first boss. Not to mention the second level was pretty had with the whole para-gliding part.

Other than that, I can't say any Sonic boss is truly hard. Death Egg (Sonic 2), Egg Emperor, Biolizard, and the "last" boss from Rush (not Super) gave me trouble at first though. But I can beat them blindfolded now, so...

Fake difficulty:

Egg Viper

Metropolis Zone

UNDERGROUND ZONE

Dark Gaia

Sky Canon

Real dificulty:

Secret Plant (Sonic Pocket Adventure's Chemical Plant)

One's I'm not sure where to put:

Perfect Chaos is pretty tricky, sometimes it seems like he's barely trying, other time he seems unbeatable.

The two Death Egg bosses. It was pretty late when I got to these guys, so it might have been from me not being able to play at my best.

Personally, I think that an absolute final boss (in a Sonic game) should be forgiving enough of a challenge that you can kill it the first time you get to it, making it more of a reward for going the whole way through the game, rather than almost being punishment for doing the same.

And Sonic 2 with Knuckles. Death Egg. *shudders*

Wow, there's so much difficulty-hate for Sonic 2 GG. I can see why, of course, but then you do realise that the Master System doesn't have those problems and is therefore actually fair, right?

I find it kinda weird that people seem to consider the GG version more the 'main' one over the MS one, although that's probably because I had a Master System as a kid and not a Game Gear.

Edited by Mahzes

- Sir Percival and Lancelot Returns from SatBK. Percival has the reflexes of a fucking robot and Lancelot is just plain annoying with the Chaos Blast/Chaos Spear spam (you can't fight at ANY distance without him spamming something). I don't particularly enjoy fighting either of them. The 2nd King Arthur fight deserves a mention, solely because I didn't realise on the second sword clash sequence that he was actually deliberately delaying his third attack to catch me out - I always assumed that I just wasn't swinging fast enough to deflect the third blow. GRRRRRRRR

- Dark Gaia. Good lord, the very concept behind this fight was utterly retarded. But at the very least you'd think they would have made a "giant golem" boss fight that didn't consist of mysteriously appearing 50 miles away from the boss and having to approach through a storm of magma projectiles and undodgeable high-damage beams at a rate of 2 centimetres per hour only to be forced to engage it with lame QTEs and strip you of your only chance of using the punch functions specifically designed for this boss fight on the actual fucking boss and then force you to go through trial-and-error Sonic stages with an invisible time limit and insta-death-on-fail QTEs, only to repeat the whole process thrice with increasingly bullshit obstacles and finally transforming into Super Sonic at the lame-ass finale WHEN HE SHOULD HAVE DONE SO RIGHT AT THE START OF THE FUCKING FIGHT WHILE CHIP DOES ALL THE GODDAMN WORK AND YOU'RE STUCK TRYING TO BRING DOWN A FUCKING SHIELD THAT HE COULD JUST PUSH STRAIGHT THROUGH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH FUCKING RAGE

Aaahhhh, much better. Glad I got that out of my system. :lol:

- Sonic 2's Eggsterminator (final boss), simply because of the fact it's a heavily trial-and-error boss fight. Normally this wouldn't be so bad if not for the fact that there is no rings in the level and there's only two different opportunities in which you can actually hit Eggman and any other attempt kills you instantly only to have you sit through the goddamn Silver Sonic fight again (which is actually a good boss, mind, I just don't want to have to re-kill it every time I die).

- The Biolizard. Now this is a LONG boss fight, and I like it that way... except for the fact that there's this one little spot right at the end where you get suspended in midair with a storm of projectiles after you, and having no way to recover your rings all the way up there (chances are, you already got it on the way up anyway), you're bound to die unless you get extremely lucky in that none of the eggs right next to you suddenly break off the gravitational field and kill you. Assuming you aren't lucky, you get sent right back to the beginning of the lengthy boss fight and ask you to do everything all over again. Fuck that.

Edited by Blacklightning

Sonic Advance 2 had two of the hardest bosses for me. I hated Sky Canyon, as well as the final boss. I could do with with Knuckles or Cream no problem, but with Sonic, it was really hard for me to time the jumps so that I hit the head and not the chest spikes, as well as dodging the laser and jumping off before you will hit the spikes at the top of the screen.

Sir Percival, in SatBK. For some reason, she seems a whole lot harder than Lancelot Returns. I don't know why, but... at least using her in the missions is more fun.

Lastly, from Sonic and the Secret Rings... the Ifrit and Captain Behemoth. Both were a pain because of the controls. For CB I had to shake the Wiimote so hard, and it never told me that I had to go harder each time. By the time I realized I had to go harder, my arm already hurt. Of course, I went ahead and shook as fast as I possibly could. I finally beat it, but my arm hurt like hell. The delayed controls really worked against me in the Ifrit battle; every time I had to jump up before I ran into the lava, I ran into it and then jumped, which ruined the whole point of jumping. And just backtracking and getting speed and then stopping to find the Ifrit's knuckles was frustrating.

Plus, I just had to do the same thing over and over again. It wasn't just hard, it was boring.

I haven't gotten hit by the Egg Viper's suicide charge once in ten years. Geez guys, learn to spin dash.

Anyway.

Eggman/Tails round 2 in SA2 still gimme trouble. If I get hit by the laser, I'm pretty much screwed. Biolizard still gives me trouble too. That last hit is a bitch and a half.

Black Knight, Secret Rings, Heroes, Shadow, and 2006 bosses still give me trouble, but that's because those were all horribly designed, so I mean. Not much point listing those.

How could I forget the Biolizard? That boss was damn hard on my first playthrough. I even got to the point of crying from frustration. It gave me a headache :wacko:

except for the fact that there's this one little spot right at the end where you get suspended in midair with a storm of projectiles after you, and having no way to recover your rings all the way up there

I always died at that point. Every time I was this <---> close to succeeding I got hit by one of the friggin speheres >_<

Edited by CreamyBagel