Awoo.

Most difficult bosses

-Mark-

The Boss of the last stage in Sonic Rush (not the Super Sonic one but that giant robot). For christ sake I have beaten it only 2 times in like 1000 tries.

Dark Gaia is also dificult as hell, It took me like 2 hours to beat it.

Oh, and fucking Underground Zone in Sonic 2 GG (MS version was allright).

When i was a kid i had troubles with the Sonic 2 last boss too, now I can beat it easily.

Gotta say though I found the Adventure 1 & 2 bosses really easy :/

Edited by Ferr

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• ovarloard

• -Mark-

• CreamyBagel

Biolizard, Egg Viper and Alfa Wayla La Wayla (or whatever its name is O.o).

Biolizard is mostly hard because of those giant laser egg things he shoots out. I know you can dodge them by jumping or somersaulting but sometimes I do this too late because they're so unpredictable, even when I stand far away! Then there's of course those pink eggs you have to homing attack on, and the end where you're floating and trying to dodge these eggs. Besides this though, it's still my favourite boss battle. Love the music! :]

Egg Viper isn't though. Most of the bosses in SA1 were dead easy, however Egg Viper really wasn't. I dunno why, I think it was mostly because of the

-Bottomless pit of doom

-Annoying one hit death at the end

-GET A LOAD OF THIS GET A LOAD OF THIS!

These three reasons, yup. X(

As for AWLW, I had so much trouble controlling Darkspine, I just couldn't believe it. Ok so the parts where you charge at his chest and beat the crap out of him is awesome, but the controls are terrible! Sometimes I miss a Platinum ring just because I didn't move the Wii remote enough and/or didn't press the 2 button early? Bullcrap. >_>

DARK GAIA. Ohmygawd, that took me days to beat! The stupid punch thing was too slow and dodging was too hard and you're moving along at a snail's pace and the lazor beemz are impossible to dodge and RUIN your health bar and the QTE's are annoying as heck and the Sonic stages are okay except for that last one which was so damn hard then I DIED AT THE QTE and then the next fight wasn't that much better when you had to press x SIXTY TIMES in like 10 seconds...okay, I'll stop there. But my god! HARD HARD HARD HARD HARD. (but epic)

KING ARTHUR #2. ...two...hours...of constantly trying to beat it! That boss like TRAUMATISED me! And Fight the Knight, while it's a great song...to listen to it for two hours constantly? Urrrrrggh!! I couldn't work out that you were meant to do a SINGLE sword swing. And then some of them you had to do just before the icon because otherwise you had no time, and it was all trial and error to know when to do 'em...I hated that boss.

Egg Dealer. I actually found that one really hard, but then I sorta learnt the pattern to homing attack it and find it really easy now. I don't understand all the difficulty for the Egg Viper...I think I beat that on like my second try and have never lost to it since. >_>

...as for GET A LOAD OF THIS GET A GET A GET A LOAD OF THIS? I actually went and played through all the bosses JUST to hear it. XD

No matter how many times I fight him, Alf-Layla-wa-Layla always kicks my ass.

I've also only beat the Doomsday once.

That's it.

The normal final boss in Sonic Rush Adventure. This was a son of a bitch when I attempted it with Blaze in her mission mode to obtain the Sol Emeralds. Then I realized that there was a difficulty setting in the game, and I switched it to Easy, and I won.

MRZ in the Mystic Realm add-on for SRB2 is also rather sporadic. I still can't figure out how this boss actually works; about halfway through the battle, Eggman repels Super Sonic for quite a while, stalling time and draining your rings, and supposedly there's some kind of way to bypass those lightning bolts. I only managed to beat him about once, through sheer luck.

I used to find Doomsday hard when I was younger. Then I realised you can press jump to boost. D=

Sir Percival-I dislike this boss because for a start she nearly always attempts those clashes when you get near her (Which are near impossible), when you attack her from the air she does that flame ring attack and when you try to evade her she either does the fire spin or charges at you. I'd hate to see her on the hard mode

Sir Lancelot Returns-SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM!!! Hes spammier than Metaknight in Brawl. Whevever you try to flee his attacks he lauches Chaos Spears at you, when you get close he chaos blasts and when you try to jump attack him he launches spears up at you! And he takes so many hits. I still havent beaten him yet.

UnderGround Zone-Fuck you and your one hit kill claw

BioLizard-I hate that part where you are in midair on the last hit, simply because I always forget to get rings before going up (I always have 0 rings before it...fucking eggs), and then I have to get through that area while trying to homing attack (On my first run I got right up to the core, my homing attack missed and I died). I hate it.

Metal Sonic (Sonic The Fighters)-I hate his boss simply because he has extremely high defenses and most of his attacks take off about a quarter of your health

Hmm.... actually I haven't got any difficulty on any boss but on Sonic'06 when Shadow fights Silver or the oposite!

The only games I actually beat so far are SA and SA2, so I'm only gonna talk about those.

The Egg Viper gave me trouble mostly because of those platforms. More often than not, I made the mistake of moving to the wrong platform and falling into the abyss. Perfect Chaos also gave me a hard time when I first fought him. I kept on having to repeat the fight thanks for slowing down too much or failed attack attempts in the second half of the battle.

The Biolizard and Finalhazard were the hardest bosses for a long time. It took at least ten attempts for the Biolizard originally. In fact, it was my sister who beat the boss first AND beat the Finalhazard right after. It still took me a few tires afterwards before I beat both bosses myself. Damn those pink eggs! They still give me trouble with the Finalhazard. ><

Sir Percival-I dislike this boss because for a start she nearly always attempts those clashes when you get near her (Which are near impossible), when you attack her from the air she does that flame ring attack and when you try to evade her she either does the fire spin or charges at you. I'd hate to see her on the hard mode

I agree with you on the aerial attacks, and the fact that it's hard to use Soul Surge on her, but Percival's clashes were easier than the rest to me. These were the only ones I could actually do. I think she's harder than Lancelot Returns.

Sir Lancelot Returns-SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM!!! Hes spammier than Metaknight in Brawl. Whevever you try to flee his attacks he lauches Chaos Spears at you, when you get close he chaos blasts and when you try to jump attack him he launches spears up at you! And he takes so many hits. I still havent beaten him yet.

Chaos Spears are easy to block, so just Perfect Shield. In the time after that, if he repeats the Chaos Spears, just start the block again. If he starts coming towards you, then use Soul Surge. It's pretty easy if you mainly use Soul Surge and get Perfect Hits. Lancelot needs about 50 hits to defeat, and each Perfect Hit counts as 3. So if you land all Perfect Hits on him, it'll be over a lot more quickly.

Plus, Meta Knight isn't the spammiest character in Brawl. That spot's reserved for Pit.

I haven’t had trouble with many of the Bosses in the series. Some of them like Perfect Chaos and Egg Viper have a way of raising my hairs, but not due to their difficulty. I guess if I had to point out a few…..

Lancelot Returns game me serious issues until I actually spent the time to get good at the game. Now I can 5-star his chaos powers with ease. I liked his addition though, because the first time you fight the strongest of all the knights I thought that he was such a pushover that he disrespected Shadow’s character.

Alf-Laya-Al-Waya was a challenge too. Didn’t take me long to beat him, but I always work up a good panic sweat when I go back to play it (probably from all the shaking of the Wiimote like there’s no tomorrow).

Not really a Sonic game, but one of Mario’s boss missions in the Olympic games is to outrun Sonic. I remember IGN saying that this mission took them hours and they couldn’t beat it. I actually beat it on my first try, but it basically requires a perfect run. I can duplicate the results, but it certainly is nasty.

Sonic 2’s final boss was Hard. It might have been that I was still a kid back then, or the fact that you got miniscule attack windows, but that one scars my memories. The extreme difficulty of this one is actually one of the reasons why its my favorite Old-School Sonic game.

Lancelot Returns game me serious issues until I actually spent the time to get good at the game. Now I can 5-star his chaos powers with ease. I liked his addition though, because the first time you fight the strongest of all the knights I thought that he was such a pushover that he disrespected Shadow’s character.

In the actual story, Galahad is supposed to be the strongest of the knights. Sucks that he isn't playable in Adventure Mode.

Not really a Sonic game, but one of Mario’s boss missions in the Olympic games is to outrun Sonic. I remember IGN saying that this mission took them hours and they couldn’t beat it. I actually beat it on my first try, but it basically requires a perfect run. I can duplicate the results, but it certainly is nasty.

I've never played that, but just by hearing what you have to do you can tell it's hard. Mario outrun Sonic? That should be nigh impossible.

Hmm...well, there's been a couple of bosses in the series that really are pretty difficult for me, even though most of them now are incredibly simple for me, these ones have always been very hard:

1. Sonic 2's final boss is, for some reason, probably the hardest boss in Sonic history for me. Sonic 2 itself is second nature to me at this point, but I always stop dead at the last boss, like I just clashed into a brick wall. I beat it like...twice in my entire life-time without cheating when I was younger. Wish I knew how 0_o

2. Sonic 3's last boss (NOT Sonic and Knuckles' last boss) was pretty hard for me in that it was a marathon, and the second mech Eggman used was so...cheap. Unless you knew its patterns, you were screwed, and it took me a bit of time to beat it. Not near as brutal as the last boss though =p

3. Silver (while you're Shadow) was just stupid hard, and half of it was due to Shadow's very moveset. If you got with a certain radius of the spiny little mutant, he'd grab you and chuck you into a wall, making you lose all your rings. You can't block against this, and since Shadow's homing attack basically holds you in place in the air for about a second or so to see if you'll perform the Chaos Attack, Silver's got more time to react. You're fucked if you're in a corner when you perform a homing attack on him. In fact, the challenge factor for this fight originates more from cheapness than actual challenge.

4. Alf-Layla-La-Wayla (or Waffles, as he's more commonly known as) from Secret Rings. I don't even know WHY this guy's such a pain in my ass, but it's probably because he's relentless in his attacks and they have such a wide range. Also, shaking the wiimote hard enough when you have the opportunity to hurt him kinda makes my arms sore, so that probably contributes to it as well.

5. Egg Bull from Sonic Rivals 2. Y'know, every other boss from the game is great in my view: they're smart, fun, and involve you unique scenarios to take them down in an original manner before your opponent does. This boss is just stupid: it chases you, and it stops at a series of wooden platforms. Now, it's hard enough that even when you get the chance to attack, half the time, it moves its head and you just hit its horns, but your rival (on 1 Player mode) is so unrelenting! It won't let you get to the top, and by the time you finally subdue him and do just that...the Bull stops waiting and goes back to chasing you. I really don't like this boss.

...and that's all I can think of at the moment :P There's probably more, but at the moment, I just can't think of any.

That's really all I got. The other bosses in the series that I remember aren't THAT hard for me any more.

Oh yeah, I forgot how much of a pain the Egg Emperor from Sonic Heroes was for me. Sure, Team Rose had it easy but I found it challenging to beat this boss with the other teams, especially with Team Dark. I know the difficulty was amped up but that was a bit much. I still haven't beaten the Dark version on my own yet.

I couldn't beat the final boss for Sonic 2 when I was younger. Its only when I played the game ages after that is when I beat him by chance. He was so hard to hit and with no rings it became impossible. Nowadays I defeat him for fun.

The most difficult boss has to be the final boss of Sonic 2. It felt super difficult when I was younger and it's still a tough one if you're not careful enough.

The Egg Emperor in Sonic Heroes was quite difficult as well - and annoying! "I'll show you what real evil is!" I don't even know how many hours I spent trying to beat it.

It was a bit upsetting that I had to fight both Silver Sonic and the final Robotnik mech without a single ring in Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

Also that final boss in Sonic 3 was pretty beastly...luckily I almost always play the game with Sonic and Knuckles attatched so I don't have to face it.

Well here are the bosses wich pissed me off to beat:

Sonic 2 on GG:

The REAL secret final boss... I cried.... plain simple... cried both of despair after the countless times he killed me and cried of joy after I beat him.

Sonic Adventure 1:

Egg Viper, seriously he was the big deal, more then perfect chaos!!

Sonic Adventure 2:

Obviously Biolizard heh... god dam reptile.... god dam doom eggs.... god dam gravity....

Sonic and the Secret Rings:

Erazor was tougher then Alf Layla Wa Layla strangely.... I got a gold ring on Alf on my 1st try compare to Erazor but oh well I finally got the drift with the timing when going face to face with him. Tho that stupid pixel fary pisses me off badly....

Sonic and the black Knight:

Lancelot returns, well i'm only having difficult beating him without getting hit ONCE again after I got a perfect score with him, after that I got the trick to beat him.

Percival is *transform into falco* Piece 'a Cake!! *reverts back to himself* yeah :lol:

After that all of the other bosses are quite easy to low medium difficulty to me to the point that I want to make the boss fight longer to fully enjoy them.

Example: Sonic vs Shadow in space

God will shadow or sonic will ever catch up to me? I have to let them go far away from me so they can use their special attack and dodge then counter them in a stylish way... all because *goes SSBB mode* YOU'RE TOO SLOOOOW~ *reverts back*

So yeah, thats all the tough boss for me.

First boss in Sonic 2 GG was a bitch for me. I swear, if it wasn't for save stating in whatever collection game it was in, I still wouldn't be able to beat him.

Final boss in Sonic 3 (no Knuckles attachment) was a pain to beat the first time. It's sad, I told a friend of mine that I could beat the boss for him. Then when he showed up, it hit me that he didn't have Sonic and Knuckles attached. I died within the second.... god I hate that boss.

The boss from Volcano Vally Zone in Sonic 3D blast.

Biolizard from Sonic Adventure 2 was hard after the first five lives.

Would the whole chase Robotnik up a vertical shaft while water slowly rises from Sonic 1 count? That was the one thing part about Labyrinth Zone that I hate with the passion of a thousand suns! I would do just fine until I jump to late, hit a rod, lose all of my rings, and then fell though the water with a 0% of seeing the surface again.

I went back to fight the Ghost Titan in Rush Adventure's Blaze Mission to see what the fuss was about. I don't remember it being hard, but he was pretty though after all. The cannon's targeting system will move radically at times, making it hard to get a direct hit. He also starts off attacking quite quickly rather than saving it for when his health is low. I got hit nearly everytime he used the punches and laser blasts. Those cannons would also shoot me as soon as I lower the shields.

I still managed to beat him on my first try, but it took nearly 5 minutes and I only had 2 rings left. Good thing you don't get ranked for missions.

The Boss of the last stage in Sonic Rush (not the Super Sonic one but that giant robot). For christ sake I have beaten it only 2 times in like 1000 tries.

Ugh, I hated this guy's electric barrel attacks. I still hate it. Especially the one that required Sonic/Blaze to stay in the middle of the attack. My S Ranks still get shakened up because of that. Still a fun boss though, same for Ghost Titan.

The boss from Volcano Vally Zone in Sonic 3D blast.

I haven't played Sonic 3D for YEARS, but I could never, ever beat this boss. The jumping is so fickle in this game, and all the steam shit and flames following you made for a really annoying boss...

Also I thought Egg Emperor was pretty easy :x Robot Storm as Team Dark and to an extent Chaotix without using team blasts was tough though, especially in Dark's where you have 3 ring sucking bots with 3 egg hammers. Or the Chaotix bit where you're meant to use the cannon to fire at the bots. In the end I just cheat - fly onto the rail, jump and fly a bit forward, and thundershoot everything to oblivion. It's the only way I can get an A rank.

Ghost Titan is annoying as hell in mission mode, lol. Overall I much preferred Rush 1's final boss, even though overall Rush Adventure's were better imo.

Sonic 2 final boss is SUPER easy. All you need to do is know the tricks. Don't attack him while he is walking. After his first try at landing on you run to the other side so he can't shoot you with his arms, they don't reach all the way over. Then when he tries to jump on you and misses his body will crouch and lean forward, that when you hit him, then move away and do it all over again. I actually have to try and lose in that fight.

What used to be a very hard boss was the Chemical plant zone boss in Sonic 2. When I was a kid I didn't know you could just crouch and all the liquid he drops on you does no damage.

I've never managed to get to any boss on the original 2D games. I suck so bad >_<

I found Metal Madness quite hard at first because I kept getting cauhgt in those dome things that Metal Sonic shoots at you. It sucks when your fly character gets captured.

Edited by CreamyBagel

I've never managed to get to any boss on the original 2D games. I suck so bad >_<

Not even Green Hill Zone??? :o