• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• ovarloard

• -Mark-

• CreamyBagel

I stand corrected lol. I never got past the second zone though *sweat drop*

Ah, Marble Zone's. It takes a little practice (as do all bosses) but you just need to keep a lot of rings and alternate platforms. It's very time-based, you need to time your jumps onto the other platform in rhythm to Eggman's dropping of the fireballs.

If you think that one's hard, wait til you get to Death Egg in Sonic 2. :o

Marble Zone was a bitch for me. I couldn't jump on the falling weights properly, so I kept missing and falling off into the lava below. And when I finally passed the weights for the first time, I ran into the spikes that jut out of the wall, and fell back down.

It wasn't the boss itself that was hard, it was getting to the boss that was the trouble for me. This was the case in pretty much all of the classic Sonic games. In contrast, the bosses are a little harder these days, while the levels leading to them are easier.

The only boss that gave me trouble in the original game was the labyrinth zone one. Those goddamn spikes and fireballs.

The only boss that gave me trouble in the original game was the labyrinth zone one. Those goddamn spikes and fireballs.

That was actually the easiest for me, because he didn't need to be hit. At first, I thought I was failing because I couldn't catch up to him and hit him, but it turned out all I had to do was get to the top.

The Night Carnival boss in Sonic Rush was so damn hard, I never got past it. I also had sort of a hard time with the whale boss in Sonic Rush Adventure, but at least he wasn't as hard as the Night Carnival boss in the first Sonic Rush.

Also, I hated Dark Gaia in Sonic Unleashed (when you have to use the Gaia Colossus, and then switch to Sonic and run quickly and hit Dark Gaia's weak spot), I still haven't finished Unleashed yet but I promise I'll finish it someday.

In the actual story, Galahad is supposed to be the strongest of the knights. Sucks that he isn't playable in Adventure Mode.

Perhaps the fact that Sir Lancelot is his father has something to do with that? I only read an excerpt of "Quest for the Holy Grail" which included the jousting contest, the apparition of the Holy Grail, and the part where Sir Galahad, Sir Percival, and someone else actually completed the quest. I would have liked to see Lamorak and Galahad playable in SP, but it doesn't really change the fact that Sir Gawain and Sonic are going to be the easiest to use.

Anyway, in order from hardest to easiest:

Death Egg (Sonic 2) - It was years before I could actually beat this boss, but I can usually go through it pretty easily now.

Labyrinth Zone (Sonic 1) - 'nuff said.

Launch Base (Sonic 3) - This guy still gives me a hard time, there is almost no room for error at all.

Deep Swell (Sonic Rush Adventure) - AAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGGH, so many times, either for the seventh Sol Emerald or as the last boss I would die with only a sliver of health remaining.

Sir Lancelot Returns (Sonic Black Knight) - You think "Fight the Knight" was bad? Listening to "Through the Fire" for hours at a time while getting devastated on multiple playthroughs . What I should have done was waited until I had updated my Paladin style enough to actually use Soul Surge effectively, but at least they did the "greatest of knights" justice. I had to quit spamming the jump attack and use some strategy so that he wouldn't counter my attacks. I'm not too sure how much I fancy facing Percival over again, but it can't be that hard can it?

Erazor Djinn (Sonic and the Secret Rings) - Alf-layla-wa-layla was actually pretty easy aside from one or two of his attacks, but this guy got so fast that even memorizing his pattern of attack didn't always help. Even though the Black Knight seemed harder, Erazor Djinn holds the same honor of me being unable to beat him until I came back to the game as the rest of the bosses listed above.

The Black Knight Take 2 (Sonic Black Knight) - SBK had some of the worst QTE's I've seen in a game, but I do have to give some credit to my horrible reflexes. This guy was actually harder than the real final boss, though the story surrounding the final boss more than made up for it.

Ghost Condor (Sonic Rush Adventure) - This was much easier as Blaze, but playing it the first time through with Sonic, I never had the coordination to score more than one hit at a time.

Volcano Valley (Sonic 3d Blast) - This was that one boss where I always lost all my lives. I'm still not sure if I legitimately played the final fight ever, but the music and attack strategies were so simplistic that the Panic Puppet fight still remained my favorite.

There are very few bosses that I stuggled with.

I'm going to go with the people who mentioned Sonic the Hedgehog 2's final boss fights . The fight before Robotnik isn't as easy either. I believe you fight a robot-like Sonic. It's a real pain if you received a game over at that point.

Another one I have to bring up is the Biolizard. It's pretty disappointing that after this boss fight, you fight a rediculously easy one. His attacks aren't too predictable. I also hate when you have to move towards him while floating in the air. I usually have 0 rings at that point. XD Pretty challenging boss fight.

The Black Knight Take 2 (Sonic Black Knight) - SBK had some of the worst QTE's I've seen in a game, but I do have to give some credit to my horrible reflexes. This guy was actually harder than the real final boss, though the story surrounding the final boss more than made up for it.
The QTEs didn't really annoy me so much as catching up to the BK. Even though I whack those black orbs back at him and run literally to his side, it doesn't always register with the game.

The Night Carnival boss in Sonic Rush was so damn hard, I never got past it. I also had sort of a hard time with the whale boss in Sonic Rush Adventure, but at least he wasn't as hard as the Night Carnival boss in the first Sonic Rush.

Also, I hated Dark Gaia in Sonic Unleashed (when you have to use the Gaia Colossus, and then switch to Sonic and run quickly and hit Dark Gaia's weak spot), I still haven't finished Unleashed yet but I promise I'll finish it someday.

I had just gotten through all that, then to the Super Sonic part, which is ridiculous. Not only do you have to dodge rocks and lazors from Perfect Dark Gaia, you also have to dodge rocks that are floating on the shield that you're trying to break, which half the time you can't see. And THEN you have the time limit, which is otherwise known as Chip's health bar.

Best part is is that you have to start from the final boss with Eggman if you get a game over.

I've also only beat the Doomsday once.

Remedy this asap. Once you learn how to do Doomsday, it's so epic and fun that I still play it for kicks to this day.

Sonic 2’s final boss was Hard. It might have been that I was still a kid back then, or the fact that you got miniscule attack windows, but that one scars my memories. The extreme difficulty of this one is actually one of the reasons why its my favorite Old-School Sonic game.

I had very little trouble with the Robotnik Mech COMPARED TO SILVER SONIC. If I had to pick a single boss as the hardest (discounting GG Underground Zone, as that's more of cruel joke spliced with a design failure than a legitimate boss), it would be 16-bit S2's Silver Sonic. For every one time the Robotnik Mech has killed me, his sub-boss has killed me 20.

The boss from Volcano Vally Zone in Sonic 3D blast.

It didn't give me any problems when I played it on the Megadrive decades ago, but you try to do that boss via emulator with a keyboard and... wow. It won't let me move diagonal and jump at the same time, that's my problem.

For me, the only super-hard that's up there with Silver Sonic is: Emerl vs. Robotnik on the Death Egg in Sonic Battle. I don't know if it was because I had a stupid moves set equipped, or what, but Fatty McMoustache killed me so, SO many times with his speed-bombs. Muchos brutality.

Edited by Frozen Nitrogen

I notice some of you mentioned Sonic 2 GG's first boss. I just watched a video, and he looks really easy. Can someone explain why that boss is difficult??? =/

Edit: Which stage is the 1st stage, Green Hill Zone or Underground Zone??? If it's Underground Zone, then ignore what I said about it being really easy. XD

Edited by canderson

The Game Gear version has a much smaller screen size and so you can't see very much of Sonic's surroundings on it. The boss becomes a lot easier on the Master System version, in which you have plenty of reaction time.