Awoo.

Hey, Paisanos! Guess what Iizuka said today?

azoo

Episode 1 is Fun, its not rush and its not SA3 styled, a 10 Times better than those titles, a 10 Times worse than the classics.

Basically "Colors with no wisps but Add the spin dash" Replace the hidden wisps areas and add hidden walls and hidden areas.

Re-add the special stages in-game and add the double jump (the one colors had, instead of the air dash).

Then its Episode 2.

my only complain about episode 1 physics : Sonic floats a lot, causing uncurling.

if the next episode plays like this :

then i am happy.

The classic games had that capability, a likely incidental capability. It has this capability because it doesn't actually calculate centripetal force, it simply sticks Sonic to the ground above a certain speed if the ground remains unbroken. However, it would sometimes fail. The Genesis is only powerful enough to calculate physics once per frame, causing Sonic to become disconnected from surfaces above certain speeds.

Would the engine used in the first Sonic Advance be any different in that respect?

Episode 1 is Fun, its not rush and its not SA3 styled, a 10 Times better than those titles, a 10 Times worse than the classics.

Basically "Colors with no wisps but Add the spin dash" Replace the hidden wisps areas and add hidden walls and hidden areas.

Re-add the special stages in-game and add the double jump (the one colors had, instead of the air dash).

Then its Episode 2.

my only complain about episode 1 physics : Sonic floats a lot, causing uncurling.

if the next episode plays like this :

then i am happy.

You want the boost, quick-stomp and 3D sections? TrollFace.png?1268417157

A lot of people are going to disagree with you, there.

Also, in response to convex curve running:

289iruh.jpg

I. Am. Hilarious.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

With the complains of the physics in the Rush games being mostly limited to the glitches rather than the actual faithfulness of the engine, I can understand how the physics for Episode I came to be. But considering the response, I honestly can't see Episode II NOT having drastically improved physics unless something goes more horribly wrong than usual. Fans have made some damn good Sonic engines, so why can't they?

Now here's a funny picture so that this post doesn't get buried and ignored like my smart, should-be-argument-ending posts often are:

[picture]

Edited by SuperStingray
  • Thumbs Up 1

With the complains of the physics in the Rush games being mostly limited to the glitches rather than the actual faithfulness of the engine, I can understand how the physics for Episode I came to be. But considering the response, I honestly can't see Episode II NOT having drastically improved physics unless something goes more horribly wrong than usual. Fans have made some damn good Sonic engines, so why can't they?

Glitches? What glitches? It is the 'faithfulness of the engine' as you put it.

Edited by Phos