Awoo.

Skin of Newness

bmn

I'm sure the majority of you have noticed by now. I'm not in the best of shape so I'll try not to ramble like I usually do.

About the skin:

• Nu Sonical is based on the previous Sonical designed by Dread (and Chris? I forget). It's here because the forum update of a week ago rendered all the old skins out-of-date, and fixing them wouldn't work out in the long run.
  • The skin is not yet fully styled - some pages (like the post page, I've just noticed) are very unstyled; others (like profiles) don't look brilliant. Topic icons with "you've posted in this topic" pips aren't yet created, and there's no proper banner. These problems should be sorted out in the near future.
  • Two of the aims when producing this skin were to have it handle forum updates well, and to make it easy to produce derivative skins. We're well on the way to doing both, which means hopefully we'll be able to make a good set of themes, just like when you could pick between Sonical, Oil'n Rum, Knucklehead, Creamed...

About the "title screen" header:

• It was originally a brainwave unrelated to the forum that took me a couple hours to whip up. When it worked better than expected, this was the result.
    • By default the logo shows your user photo, along with the first 13 characters of your display name that are either A-Z or a space.
    • If you go into your Edit Profile page, at the bottom is a set of options for the logo. You can change the name, have it use your avatar or another URL instead of your photo, and set it to a different image positioning that might work better.
    • As some have found, images with transparent backgrounds look particularly good: post-2-0-58368400-1291038170_thumb.png
    • The image placement and sizing aren't clever so some images won't work well. If it helps: the code forces the top of the image to a certain position and forces a minimum height down to the ribbon. Then if necessary it stretches the image to a maximum width, pushing the bottom underneath the ribbon. In a nutshell, the narrower the image, the more of the bottom will be hidden. If you want, you can use this knowledge to make the image you use fit well.

post-2-0-58368400-1291038170_thumb.png

post-2-0-58368400-1291038170_thumb.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, great! Now a question: I added my avatar image to show on the title screen header, but nothing appeared. Do you know why is this happening?

Wow, great! Now a question: I added my avatar image to show on the title screen header, but nothing appeared. Do you know why is this happening?

Edited by DarkOverord

I'm already having fun with this. Switched it to display an image of Diddy Kong that I was using as an avatar for a while. It fits great into the logo using the transparent image option. :lol:

Yeah this stuff is too much fun. The way the picture settles behind the lettering on mine made my day.

The emblem idea sounds good, all you need to do now is an option which replaces "HEDGEHOG" or "THE HEDGEHOG" with the user's input. That might be pushing it, but it's a suggestion.

Good job with replacing the old skin! Keep up the good work!

Ha, at first I thought I became the community laughstock(almost crapping my pants..) when I saw my avatar with "AUTOSAVER THE HEDGEHOG." Good thing I noticed this thread. I hope the skin gets finished soon. ^.^

itbork.png

Dunno bout you guys, but this recently broke for me :V Flagging up just in case it's a problem by messing around with things!

I really don't like the new icons, like Sonic's finger or all the item boxes. They make the board look very messy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love it! :D

At first I was like "WTF?!" at the emblem with my name and avatar! :lol:

Right now I have it with little Ivy here as IVY The Hedgehog. XD

YES! "DARKJEDI THE HEDGEHOG" is here to bring balance to the boards through the ample amounts of midichlorians which have been infused into his quills upon awakening from the lab experiment.

P.S.: Thank goodness that the white IPB bitch has died. Good riddance.

AAGGGHHH! The white, it burns.

EDIT:

And just as I post that, we're back to normal :lol:

You guys catch everything. I spent about 20 seconds changing the stylesheet setup and there's already a post about it going white.

Don't worry, I was one of the fortunate few who missed that change due to being distracted on InstantMessenger and Twitter.

But damn, I miss the blue now.

Edited by DarkJedi188

I'm woof the dog... not the hedgehog?!?

woofhed.png

Anyways... Those finders at the forum index is creepy... It seams that sonic is giving me the finger.

hand-1.pnghand-1.pnghand-1.png

Edited by Woof

Skin of Newness?

More like Skin of Awesomeness huehuehuehue

But yeah, seriously. It's an amazing theme. Never again will I have to cycle through the other themes when I get bored of one; this one's just too awesome for that.

It's beautiful.

..Still can't add an image into my sig, though. Changing skins doesn't solve this. :(

Edited by Team Rocket Grunt

B, you should know better. the SSMB never sleeps, it's a mass of life by it's own right, you can't change anything for even a few seconds without it being noticed :P