Awoo.

Rare(?) Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 Wallpapers

Nepenthe

There are a few people around here who are absolute Sonic art gurus and like collecting stuff like this, so I figured they might appreciate these things to some degree:

StHWallpaper1.jpg

StHWallpaper2.jpg

StHWallpaper3.jpg

However, the real reason I started this topic is because I think I'm the only one who has these things, thus I'm interested in their rarity. During the game's heyday, there was an insignificant link on the old Sonic Channel page that led off-site to some illegible location, the URL of which I cannot find again. It had these wallpapers in the usual three resolutions, but being young and without hindsight I only grabbed them in this size. I rotated them out from time to time, but never shared them because I figured they'd be out there on another fan site somewhere; The fanbase is nosy like that. xP But it appears they've been absent from the community's collective knowledge, which is strange considering the Silver one-- First off, he's smiling, which is a rare treat. But outside of that, has that model has been released anywhere else? Perhaps it's a Rivals edit or something? I'm not sure.

So what do you think? Am I tripping or have I been sitting on something with an iota of intrigue to it? xP

• Thumbs Up 8

Woah, cool! I've never ever seen that Silvert artwork anywhere :o Thanks, Nepenthe!

I wonder what that "G" logo is about.

biggrin.gif You're welcome, Shadzter.

Anyhoo, I want to say the G is the logo of the site I got these from. That's what I want to say, but it's been years so I'm probably way off base in that regard. I don't remember how such a slick logo would fit with the site's aesthetics anyways. All I can see when I picture that site is a lot of pink and a lot of yellow.

Damn! I can care less about Sonic's render ( We see it on internet everyday!), But look at that Silver render? And I never seen that Shadow render? Really, next thing someone after a couple of years, would find a beta render from Free rider of say..Jet? Sonic? Vector? Really. Nice find there, I think Il be taking that Silver render...And Shadow as well :P

Edited by Alex2beta

I've seen all of those renders before, but the Silver is the rarest. I've only seen it on a shirt! I wish I would have found and saved these, they're pretty slick.

biggrin.gif You're welcome, Shadzter.

Anyhoo, I want to say the G is the logo of the site I got these from. That's what I want to say, but it's been years so I'm probably way off base in that regard. I don't remember how such a slick logo would fit with the site's aesthetics anyways. All I can see when I picture that site is a lot of pink and a lot of yellow.

Siiillveeeeeerrrr <3333

Sorry, I just like the guy.. also it's great to see him with a smile on his face, considering that he works so hard to keep a smile on everyone's face in his world.

LETS DO THE TIMEWARP AGAIN!!!:

http://web.archive.org/web/20061107081219/http://sonic.sega.jp/index.html

Ok Nepenthe, its up to you my absent minded friend to see if any of these links looks familiar. This is a saved page from november 7th, 2006. the day the game came out IE the games "Heyday"

if you need to go back more your in luck because internet archive works for sonic channel:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://sonic.sega.jp/

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

QAZWSXEDCRFVTBY

ZOMG. That Silver artwork is so rare. I remember seeing it in M&S2DS and going all "wat" when I laid eyes on it. Seeing this in a higher-res is amazing.

Awesome reveal, Nepenthe!

Edited by HunterTSF

x3;; Thanks again, everyone. As they say, you never know what you have in your attic until you look.

But goku's post prompted me to do a hard search for them. With a little Google magic and some luck, I managed to find the site. It's called G-Para, and it has that same "G" logo that's on the bottom left corner of the wallpapers. This is the original page with the Sonic 06 wallpapers, but as you can see, the links are broken. There's a chance that they're out there somewhere else in the vast reaches of e-space, though. I'll keep scouring in the meantime and hope that this wasn't some exclusive, one-time deal.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have all three of these Sonic and Shadow in their highest resolution that was available at the time. I'll upload them right now!

I can't find Silver. >.> I'll keep looking, I know I have it somewhere!

Edited by XD375
  • Thumbs Up 3

I have all three of these in their highest resolution that was available at the time. I'll upload them right now!

....:blink:!

Rep'd dude. REP THIS MAN! he fucking deserves the "saves the day!" medal.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I guess that would explain why I don't have Silver then. >.>

I guess the Silver files were unavailable back when I downloaded these?

Sonic doesn't seem to be available in 1024x768. Let me see if that highest one is the same ratio...

And it's not. Well balls.

I sent a site fix request to G-para in japanese (hopefully google translate didnt make me sound like an idiot. i used very simple words that google has an easy time translating) hopefully i'll get a response.

In the meantime, i have been searching for the filenames on various image search engines and such...no luck.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, I'm glad a few of you have taken it upon yourselves to try and look for them as well; I appreciate it. x3 But it's a bit weirdly annoying how the archive isn't picking all of the images up. I'm pretty sure that's just the way they work, but it's not like the links broke one by one.

I've been looking using filenames on image searches and such since I messed up and realized I didn't have Silver either.

The Silver art is from a Sonic MSN pack they released in the run up to '06, fuck knows if it's still available for someone to extract the artwork from the chat window background, or if that's even possible.

The awesome artwork of Silver was also released on the back of the Sonic 06 soundtrack, Several Wills. But thanks to the style of the Cd case, he is orange tinted, covered by sonic and Shadow and also slightly scratchy.