Awoo.

A Spooky Thread

AdventChild

Have anything you think is scary, creepy, or absolutely horrifying? Maybe a scary story or a scary pic that you would like to share?

WARNING not for the squeamish: Here is something that really spooked me and probably is gonna haunt me for days to come and that is two words: SQUIDWARD'S SUICIDE. The story is just disturbing, and the picture. Why did someone have to make a picture for that thing?! Squidward's soul staring eyes is just....*sigh*..a thing you can't unsee.

Also, some Mindf*%ks can be a bit creepy esp. when you find the odd and unusual about a picture, well, in some cases. Though mostly the ones with hidden faces. Here's an example...heh:

502.gif?w=620&h=520

Another thing would have to be screamers. Well, technically mostly for causing jump scares, but it mostly shocking than scary. Of course, most infamous is this.

One last, that creeps me out would be the Slenderman, who happens to be a tall faceless man wearing a suit. Though he does seem oddly familiar. Also, there is a well done series on Youtube about the monster called

which I recommend and it is a bit creepy and suspenseful as the events unfold. Edited by ^DiZnEy^
Added spoilers.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AdventChild

• Conando

• Noir

• Mollfie

lol made me jump, but the only thing that scared me about that is how WEIRD that kid looks O_O

Edited by Mollfie

The sudden appearance shocks you, then you realize how dumb the kid looks (sort of like a chicken), which results in laughter. That's why I don't like screamers/jump scares, all they do is play to basic human reactions. There isn't actually any horror there.

Edited by Hero Of Christmas

Screamers suck pretty bad, they are just pranks. Seeing faces in the pictures without them jumping out at you can be creepy. I love looking at ghost photos and footage. Creepy pasta is... creepy, but it can only really terrify the gullible.

Random facts are what scare me, like how Black Widow Spiders are known to spin webs on toilet seats.

WARNING: The link is pretty graphic. Dolls can be terrifying, but when they're anatomically correct in graphic then it is downright insane and disturbing.

Also, The SCP Foundation has a ton of nightmarish fuel things that are pretty creepy and all documented in a secret government file like style.

Take for example: SCP-173.

tumblr_la7262M5R81qbzfoto1_500.jpg

tem #: SCP-173

Object class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: Item SCP-173 is to be kept in a locked container at all times. When personnel must enter SCP-173's container, no fewer than 3 may enter at any time and the door is to be relocked behind them. At all times, two persons must maintain direct eye contact with SCP-173 until all personnel have vacated and relocked the container.

Description: Moved to Site19 1993. Origin is as of yet unknown. It is constructed from concrete and rebar with traces of Krylon brand spray paint. SCP-173 is animate and extremely hostile. The object cannot move while within a direct line of sight. Line of sight must not be broken at any time with SCP-173. Personnel assigned to enter container are instructed to alert one another before blinking. Object is reported to attack by snapping the neck at the base of the skull, or by strangulation. In the event of an attack, personnel are to observe Class 4 hazardous object containment procedures.

Personnel report sounds of scraping stone originating from within the container when no one is present inside. This is considered normal, and any change in this behaviour should be reported to the acting HMCL supervisor on duty.

The reddish brown substance on the floor is a combination of feces and blood. Origin of these materials is unknown. The enclosure must be cleaned on a bi-weekly basis.

Let's also brush up in some history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm6PGh2fvTg&feature=player_embedded

Edited by ^DiZnEy^

Of course I was going to comment on this topic~

In my opinion, the best horror and scary stuff comes from atmosphere, making the familiar foreign, the fantastical, the eerie and disturbing, the unknown, and such things. Without imagination there is no horror, something which is very true. I will likely share several things in this topic, but I'll start with a simple enough one. While the actual game is not that terrifying the advertising for Silent Hill 4 was great, and this topic inspired me to upload a higher quality version of three of my favorites onto Youtube. Watch them here, recommended in full screen with the lights turned off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mb-jirXj80

I'll be posting more of my scare theories and other things later.

Edited by ^DiZnEy^

• 2 weeks later...

My brother showed me this Youtube channel today. It's apparently this lady who makes test 3d animations that are pure crap set to nightmare-inducing homemade music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xv-FxH5Ejk

All I see are a bunch of whales.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEDVWtOwUng&feature=related

This one is pure nightmare fuel...

There are many more, you're welcome to view as you wish. *shiver*

Edited by ^DiZnEy^

Kid shows like Flapjack and Spongebob can be classified as Nightmare Fuel for many reasons. Here are some of them.

Flapjack's purpose doesn't seem to just humor kids but more so wet their pants with some grotesque and creepy things esp. Candy Wife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLnKRaBlseM&feature=player_embedded

Example 4

Example 5: Skip to 4:02

Example 6

Also, this.....thing. Yes, because cats like these are sure to appeal to the kiddies.

1282548400469.png

Spongebob happens to do this as well like episodes of Ghost Host, Graveyard Shift, and Rock Bottom to name a few and also provide us with some grotesque images as well. MOAR Krabs anyone? Also, let's not forget morbid spongebob as well. Another thing is that sometimes the music can be a little unsettling. Take this example.

Sounds like something meant for a horror movie about dolls than something like Spongebob.

Edited by ^DiZnEy^

>Right click

>View Image Info

>.gif

NOPE.

Me too, but the same second I saw it actually was a gif, it was too late.

Pardon my interference in many of these posts. I do not know how scary most of it is, but after seeing the first gif in this topic, I encased every piece of pictures and media into spoiler tags. I see content like this unfitting unless a safety like the spoiler tags are in effect, especially since a lot of children do frequent these boards, so I added the extra level of precaution, and I ask of you to do the same thing in future posts within this topic if it isn't too much of a bother. ;)

Something scary, huh? The movie The Sixth Sense is my biggest nightmare, really. I know it is merely meant as really shocky moments that make you jump through the ceiling, but honestly, the concept of ghosts really creep me out to no end and as good as all of my nightmares include ghosts, so there.

The first time I saw a so-called screamer was when a former friend of mine sent me a link to this flash with a scrolling, small text, and it had this very low background music. The text was supposedly matching what the singer was singing, but I could not hear a thing, not even when I tuned my headset up to full volume, which is a lot. Suddenly, out of nowhere, this living dead girl with eyes as sinister as death himself and a smile of craziness showed up, simultaneously with the loadest scream I've ever heard (thanks to gullible me listening to my friend's volume recommendation). He almost fell off his chair laughing, but I am one of the worst wusses ever having walked on planet Earth, my mind just sank right into the picture.

It took me at least six months to dare watch a *.SWF flash again, I shit you not.

I remember a childrens book that was in my junior classrooms mini library section called "The Ankle Grabber". So terrified was I made by that book that whenever I went anywhere near my bed or woke up in the morning, I'd put a sizeable distance between me and near the bottom of the bed out of fear that the Ankle Grabber would grab my ankle and pull me into it's own hell underneath the bed. It's prime High Octane Nightmare Fuel for any child that book. I for one know that I wouldn't want any of my kids reading it.

Came across Marble Hornets yesterday. Started about a year ago, it details the experiences of Jay, who's begun looking through some tapes left behind by his friend Alex. He begins to find some strange things in them...

Anyone actually scared by these videos may find nightmare retardant

here,
and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MXYC_jX2Wc.

Pretty cool for an amateur, low-budget series.

I think this might qualify. I live in a mild-temperate climate, the most exotic thing we get is mangy deer. My friend found this outside.

caterzilla.jpg

I estimate It was somewhere around 14 cm (5 1/2 inches) in length