Awoo.

Sonic Next-Gen Scene

Woun

I don't really understand. I mean, it's not like they are valuable or something; they are 3D models from a very poorly recieved game in 2006. The only ones I can see people taking with value is maybe the highly detailed Mephiles model, the Eggman model and the models to all the robots; because they were all pretty good unlike the rest of them.

So... sorry to hijack this topic with unrelated models from a different game, but someone earlier wanted Wentos's model, and now thanks to the help of a friend, I have it, and I don't think that was worth making a separate topic.

th_wentosrender-1.png

If anybody's interested, I converted it to FBX, but I'm not sure that was the right thing to do. You can download it here. Sorry if there are any problems, but all those model conversions are a pain.

• Thumbs Up 1

Model may soon be.

But not this year.

But you understand. :)

What is there to understand, especially when the main characters are already available albeit unrigged.

• Thumbs Up 1

What is there to understand, especially when the main characters are already available albeit unrigged.

What do you mean? I didn't quite get it...

Also, can I try to ask for a front-view pic of Sonic's Colors & 4 Models? Just those...

If not, say it and I'll edit this part out and make it like it never happened...

So... sorry to hijack this topic with unrelated models from a different game, but someone earlier wanted Wentos's model, and now thanks to the help of a friend, I have it, and I don't think that was worth making a separate topic.

th_wentosrender-1.png

If anybody's interested, I converted it to FBX, but I'm not sure that was the right thing to do. You can download it here. Sorry if there are any problems, but all those model conversions are a pain.

Edited by HunterTSF

th_wentosrender-1.png

No I don't understand.

I have absolutely no interest in them myself but come on, they're being hoarding like they're the freaking holy Grail or something. Its not exactly hard or time consuming to just shove all the files in a .Rar file and upload them to megaupload or something.

Basically the whole point of this topic is for you and your friend to taunt everybody who does want the models by waving fancy renders in their faces whilst giving them the finger. I really don't understand.

• Thumbs Up 2

Also, can I try to ask for a front-view pic of Sonic's Colors & 4 Models? Just those...

If not, say it and I'll edit this part out and make it like it never happened...

Edited by Core

No I don't understand.

I have absolutely no interest in them myself but come on, they're being hoarding like they're the freaking holy Grail or something. Its not exactly hard or time consuming to just shove all the files in a .Rar file and upload them to megaupload or something.

Basically the whole point of this topic is for you and your friend to taunt everybody who does want the models by waving fancy renders in their faces whilst giving them the finger. I really don't understand.

Thanks Core, it was exactly what I was looking for xD

But, Unleashed and Colors Models are different?

I thought they were alike...

Core, what models do you have of S4? I gave a link with the boss models, but since I don't have a program to see models nor do I know which program to look for nor how to use such, I just have them in the corner of a folder... xD

Core, what models do you have of S4?

Technically, all of them. I just need to find them among all of the game's file. But I only have the Wii version.

That's enough for me for now xD

Could I ask more pics like Sonic's?

Like... Eggman, Super Sonic, Splash Hill, Lost Labyrinth and Mad Gear's bosses and the final boss?

Aquaslash tried to help me in that, but he could only get me screenshots using the free view mode of the Dolphin Emulator...

Edited by XRick

Aquaslash tried to help me in that, but he could only get me screenshots using the free view mode of the Dolphin Emulator...

That wasn't me. Sonic 4 runs slow as balls for me with Dolphin. PC's far too weak for the task. You asked me for 06 models and I said I didn't have Eggman and mine lacked texturing.

Speaking of models:

This pack was posted on Retro

It's the exact same pack of main characters + super states that I have, plus a few copies that are rigged, and Eggman's riders model for some reason. From what I understand, some of the models and the supers use in game rendering effects to achieve their proper look. Super Silver I know for a fact uses in game animations to look right in the same way that Super Knuckles did in Sonic Heroes. In fact:

Super Silver model (on the left):

SilverModels.png

Super Silver in game:

SuperSilverFaceview.png

I'm sure I posted this before, but I forgot whether that was a PM or not.

First of all, sorry Aquaslash, I may have confused you with ArtFenix, who's also trying to help me with the pics of '06 models LOL

Second, you posted those pics for me on the Sonic Channel topic, since you said you'd post more later on xD

Anyway, that pic of Sonic4's Sonic Model is like how I want all the '06 Model pics... Well, if the arms could be bent down it'd be perfect, but I can't be that abusive of your kindness xD

Also, this was supposed to be a topic for Mefiresu and Woun's amasing project, I'm really sorry to be making use of it for my personal and selfish reasons...

Edited by XRick

Just another thing I've been asking but nobody so far has answered...

What program(s) do I use to see models and textures?

Are they easy to use?

Edited by XRick

I use 3ds Max. There are other apps such as Maya and Blender. They're basically like photoshop, confusing at first, but become second nature when you learn what to do.

That wasn't me.  Sonic 4 runs slow as balls for me with Dolphin.  PC's far too weak for the task.  You asked me for 06 models and I said I didn't have Eggman and mine lacked texturing.

Speaking of models:

This pack was posted on Retro

It's the exact same pack of main characters + super states that I have, plus a few copies that are rigged, and Eggman's riders model for some reason.  From what I understand, some of the models and the supers use in game rendering effects to achieve their proper look.  Super Silver I know for a fact uses in game animations to look right in the same way that Super Knuckles did in Sonic Heroes.  In fact:

Super Silver model (on the left):

SilverModels.png

This is not quite successful work.

Skeleton is not properly made, and texture.

Today or tomorrow we expect to Arts.

I do believe I mentioned that already =P

Can you tell me, Woun, what kind of Modeling Software do you and Mefiresu use?

If it's possible, of course...

Could I ask more pics like Sonic's?

Like... Eggman, Super Sonic, Splash Hill, Lost Labyrinth and Mad Gear's bosses and the final boss?

Note that my viewer doesn't support transparency, so the Eggmobile's windshield appears white.

th_supersonicfront.png th_eggmanfront.png th_boss1.png th_boss3.png th_boss4.png th_boss5.png

Can you tell me, Woun, what kind of Modeling Software do you and Mefiresu use?

If it's possible, of course...

I myself do not use them, I just edit, create Arts.

About this to Mefiresu to PM.

Note that my viewer doesn't support transparency, so the Eggmobile's windshield appears white.

th_supersonicfront.png th_eggmanfront.png th_boss1.png th_boss3.png th_boss4.png th_boss5.png

Sorry for being asking again, but what program do you use?

Right now, I went after Autodesk Blender, but it didn't work. I have FBX, Blend, 3DS and OBJ Model Files, to say the least...

Woun, thanks for telling me, I'll do so later.

Edited by XRick

Sorry for being asking again, but what program do you use?

For Sonic 4 (and most other games), I use my own viewer.

For the Sonic Unleashed models, I use 3ds Max.

For Sonic 4 (and most other games), I use my own viewer.

For the Sonic Unleashed models, I use 3ds Max.

Do you have any 2006 Models?

If you do, then you could give me an hand on the final stage of my long search...

If possible for you, of course.

Do you have any 2006 Models?

As I said earlier, I'd like to help the people here and provide models from Sonic '06.

But, I can't do that yet. I've partially figured out the model format, using two models that someone gave me a while ago. Now I need to get the rest of the models from that game, so that I can fully understand the model format, complete my viewer, and share the models. I'm currently trying to "get" the files, but it'll take some time before it's completed.

But right now I have a textureless '06 Egg Carrier model if you want :P