Awoo.

Sonic Next-Gen Scene

Woun

As I said earlier, I'd like to help the people here and provide models from Sonic '06.

But, I can't do that yet. I've partially figured out the model format, using two models that someone gave me a while ago. Now I need to get the rest of the models from that game, so that I can fully understand the model format, complete my viewer, and share the models. I'm currently trying to "get" the files, but it'll take some time before it's completed.

But right now I have a textureless '06 Egg Carrier model if you want :P

Thanks, but I only want pics from the characters like those of Sonic4 xD

Also, there was a download link with most of the '06 models a few posts back in here, you can try to get that...

And to finish, do you have Eggman's "ultra-rare" '06 model?

That's one of my most wanted models from which I want front-view pics...

Edited by XRick

Also, there was a download link with most of the '06 models a few posts back in here, you can try to get that...

That's not exactly what I want; I'm more interested in the original files.

And to finish, do you have Eggman's "ultra-rare" '06 model?

I've just said that I currently have only 2 models from '06 (one being the Egg Carrier, the other is a spring). I'm currently trying to get the rest, so be patient.

That's not exactly what I want; I'm more interested in the original files.

I've just said that I currently have only 2 models from '06 (one being the Egg Carrier, the other is a spring). I'm currently trying to get the rest, so be patient.

I'm sorry, I just had quite not got it...

Yeah, we all have to be patient...

Well, I've already been further from getting what I've been searching, so my hope and faith are renewed xD

Also...

Man! Only now, by checking side-by-side Sonic's 2006 and 4 Models, could I see how much of a difference they made between both of them...

Sonic 2006 have a smaller head, longer legs, smaller ears and fiercer eyes... Just like I heard, more human-like proportions...

Edited by XRick

Thanks to your intel, I went after 3ds max...

With it, I finally managed to take a look at the 2006 models, but...

...They were all devoit of color, just grey...

What should I do to put them with their colors?

And to put the arms down and the quills closer to each other, like how they are in the game?

Man, I knew I'd make a dumbface once I started using one of these softwares...

This topic is the closest to a general '06 topic, so thought I'd post this here.

GameTrailers names the game the 3rd worst sequel ever made:

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/gt-countdown/2111

Link is incorrect. Video leads to a trailer to YS 1 and 2.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/top-10-gt-countdown/708380

Edited by Kintobor

I'm sorry but I really have to ask this...

Since this topic has been quiet for a few days, I'm getting afraid that you guys abandoned the project...

You're still on it, right?

I'd be really depressed if all of these amazing stuffs were to be lost once again...

Here's a render of Sonic 06's Eggman. The head is separate from the body as you can see. The textures look different from what they look like in the game but there's nothing I can do about that. There are other issues like the lack of transparency but, well. Enjoy anyway.

th_egg06a.png th_egg06b.png

Now that I think about it, isn't there any concept art-like images made by yuji uekawa?

There are a few concept art of characters in the leaked script, and some concept art of Silver from an interview on a website I think. I don't know if they are from Uekawa though. He's not the only artist at Sonic Team.

• Thumbs Up 2

Here's a render of Sonic 06's Eggman. The head is separate from the body as you can see. The textures look different from what they look like in the game but there's nothing I can do about that. There are other issues like the lack of transparency but, well. Enjoy anyway.

th_egg06a.png th_egg06b.png

There are a few concept art of characters in the leaked script, and some concept art of Silver from an interview on a website I think. I don't know if they are from Uekawa though. He's not the only artist at Sonic Team.

BRRR... Man, that way he sure looks creepy, specially with the head separated... XD

Other than that, AWESOME!!! Just as I always wanted it!!! Thank you so much, CORE!!! XD

Don't worry about transparency or bad coloring, I don't mind that much xD

Now, if I can still impose this on you, can you do something like this with 2006 Sonic & Company? Super Forms included?

It'd be the final stage of my "long" journey...

Also1: OK, about the concepts, let's leave it for other day xD

Also2: Can I at least know why Eggman's head and body had to be separated?

Now, if I can still impose this on you, can you do something like this with 2006 Sonic & Company? Super Forms included?

Maybe later, but I thought those models had already been released? Can't you get those renders yourself?

Also2: Can I at least know why Eggman's head and body had to be separated?

I didn't separate them. As The KKM said, they were separate models; separate files. And from what I've seen it's the same thing for all the other characters.

Maybe later, but I thought those models had already been released? Can't you get those renders yourself?

I didn't separate them. As The KKM said, they were separate models; separate files. And from what I've seen it's the same thing for all the other characters.

Well, I have them, but they are all grey-colored, or better saying, devoit of coloring, and the spikes, in the hedgehogs' case, are pushed out to the sides...

Since I don't know how to "edit" that stuff, that's why I was asking...

OK, now I get it. But thank you very much anyway, for Eggman's Model pics, they're like I wanted it (well, except for the head and body being separate, but it's OK xD)

Well, I have them, but they are all grey-colored, or better saying, devoit of coloring, and the spikes, in the hedgehogs' case, are pushed out to the sides...

Since I don't know how to "edit" that stuff, that's why I was asking...

While I should be able to display the textures, normally I don't edit the models either, so if they are already distorted in their original pose, I wouldn't be able to help.

Besides, the playable characters have their faces separated from their bodies, so...

Edited by XRick

How's Eggman without the glasses?

Actually his eyes don't appear correctly in my viewer; his irises are covered in white. This may be due to the lack of transparency support.

And can't his head be joined with his body?

Certainly; if I manage to export the models then you should be able to do whatever you want with them.

Actually his eyes don't appear correctly in my viewer; his irises are covered in white. This may be due to the lack of transparency support.

Certainly; if I manage to export the models then you should be able to do whatever you want with them.

Aha! So I was right after all of these years. The glasses are a separate object.

Oh holy grail of holiest grails. I want to see his eyes, but something tells me it will be just like the ending of Raiders of the Lost Ark all over again.