Awoo.

Sonic Next-Gen Scene

Woun

As a Christmas present, here is Eggman's model. It's in MD5 format.

The head is still separated from the body, and the textures are still too pale, and it may not work properly since I got some problems when trying to manipulate it with 3ds Max. But I hope you enjoy it anyway.

As a Christmas present, here is Eggman's model. It's in MD5 format.

The head is still separated from the body, and the textures are still too pale, and it may not work properly since I got some problems when trying to manipulate it with 3ds Max. But I hope you enjoy it anyway.

Here is a Max script. It works with 3ds Max 8, but I can't guarantee it'll work with other versions. To use it, there should be a "MAXScript" menu in the menu bar, with a "Run Script" command. Then you can select the script, which should open a window where you can import the models. You can import both models on the same scene.

Here is a Max script. It works with 3ds Max 8, but I can't guarantee it'll work with other versions. To use it, there should be a "MAXScript" menu in the menu bar, with a "Run Script" command. Then you can select the script, which should open a window where you can import the models. You can import both models on the same scene.

Edited by XRick

Or are you helping Woun and Mefiresu as well?

That would be nice.

Well, I'm making renders for Woun. I made the last few renders if you haven't noticed.

EDIT: It seems I have the 2011 version (13 trial, I think)... The program just froze up...

Are you sure it froze? The models can take quite a long time to load. Did the window appear at all?

Well, I'm making renders for Woun. I made the last few renders if you haven't noticed.

Are you sure it froze? The models can take quite a long time to load. Did the window appear at all?

Sorry, I really badly noticed, the renders have been nice to great since the beginning...

But keep it up! It's really going great! XD

Well, in the Task Manager it was marked as Not Responding, the window opened but I could only import one model at a time.

Still, have you tried just waiting? The Task Manager could say it's not responding just because the program is busy.

And it's normal if you can only load one at a time. You have to load them one by one and they will appear in the same scene.

Still, have you tried just waiting? The Task Manager could say it's not responding just because the program is busy.

And it's normal if you can only load one at a time. You have to load them one by one and they will appear in the same scene.

It worked after 10 long minutes, but now I wanted to take a screenshot, and I don't know how...

And man, the head and the body don't seem to mix... The head gets all mushed-up after trying to relocate it...

Edited by XRick

Guys...

Sonic in his Victory Pose seems to be missing the top spike...

Other than that... Once again, awesome job!!!

I'm finishing redrawing Eggman, thanks to the model pics you guys arranged, and in a few days (not sure when...) I'll have it posted here (if I can, of course), along my new Sonic design, using the actual style model pic I've gotten, thanks again to you guys XD

P.S.: Now that I got it, gotta give credits as well to Core, for his awesome job in assisting Mefiresu and Woun's project.

Also, Core, sorry to be imposing on you again, but if you have the Unleashed or even Colors Models, could I ask you for pics of Sonic, Tails and Eggman from there?

Thank you very much xD

Edited by XRick

Guys...

Sonic in his Victory Pose seems to be missing the top spike...

It's hidden behind his other spike.

Also, Core, sorry to be imposing on you again, but if you have the Unleashed or even Colors Models, could I ask you for pics of Sonic, Tails and Eggman from there?

Thank you very much xD

Maybe later. But I don't have Colors models. Why would you want Unleashed and Colors models anyway; aside from '06 they all look the same.

It's hidden behind his other spike.

Somehow I knew you'd say something like that, I kinda noticed something behind that spike XD

Maybe later. But I don't have Colors models. Why would you want Unleashed and Colors models anyway; aside from '06 they all look the same.

From SA1&2, it's easy to get nice frontal shots of Sonic and others; Heroes and Shadow, not interested...

2006, you guys are making the most of my long search come to an end (thanks you very much... again... xD)

From what I know, Unleashed/Colors/4 seem to have the same model style, and I already have pics from 4, so I'd like to compare qualities between 4 and Unleashed/Colors.

But it's okay, you only do it if you want, you already helped me alot with the 2006 and 4 models...

I told you already, I'm sorry for imposing so much on you...

Edited by XRick

Core, about the Model Renders, could you try to make a render of Sonic the way he appears in the game's character select section?

I always wanted to have an art of him like that, 1000x better than his CG Official Render.

Core, about the Model Renders, could you try to make a render of Sonic the way he appears in the game's character select section?

I always wanted to have an art of him like that, 1000x better than his CG Official Render.

Is it this one? It's been a while since I last played the game.

th_sonic_3.png

Actually, it's not bad at all, that one, but...

290px-Sonic06_1.png

This is the one.

Also, I noticed nobody at Sonic News Network or Sonic Retro has updated Eggman 2006's CG Render with the Final Version one, which I luckily found on SNN, I think...

Edited by XRick

...aside from the angle, I don't see the difference.

You're right, it's only the angle difference...

But, could you try it on the same angle as the render, please?

Also, I noticed nobody at Sonic News Network or Sonic Retro has updated Eggman 2006's CG Render with the Final Version one, which I luckily found on SNN, I think...

Where is it?

Is this better?

th_sonic_3bis.png

BTW, Core, have you managed to correct the things on Eggman'06's model, like Head/Body completion and coloring?

I actually recently found out that there's another model of Eggman, used for the Egg Wyvern, that has both the head and body, and better colors <_<

Is this better?

th_sonic_3bis.png

Yeah, it's better, thank you very much once again.

BTW... Awesome-looking Sonic! Hehe!!

I actually recently found out that there's another model of Eggman, used for the Egg Wyvern, that has both the head and body, and better colors <_<

<_< Can I have a look at it when you have it capable of taking shots? Just like the nice previous one you sent me xD

I already have drawn the rough sketch of Eggman with the same small changes I made in the other one I showed around, but if that other model shows things a bit different from the other one you gave me pics, I'd like to check it before finishing the sketch...

And I kinda get it why that one has it all together... That one doesn't talk! A much better Eggman, one who's quiet xD

Edited by XRick

NOTE: It still is!!! Free for everyone to catch it!!! And much, much better than the prototype render.

Link please