Awoo.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Patticus

I've finally started playing. My name is Do'Fusra and I am a Khajiiti mage-in-training.

also I'm the dragonborn.

Mr. Awesomest is going to teach me how to make my punches stronger than warhammers. After that I will be able to Dragon-shout Dragons out of the sky, and the kill them.

WITH MY FISTS.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you've got PS3 and the 1.5 patch - BE SURE to delete your game data (not save data) before entering the water! It is extremely difficult to play this game without going underwater and the' wonderful' new underwater camera is crashing the game, every single time! I tried the belated fix Bethesda put out and deleting the game data did correct the issue, but the patch trapped me in a dungeon where the only exit was by swimming, and I couldn't go in the water without having to turn off the console! (or go back several hours and a critical quest solution to the last save prior to entering the dungeon, which would then leave the quest series hanging).

If you haven't already seen the fix, go on the PS3 Menu to the Game Data Utility and remove both Skyrim selections, the patch data and the installed game data. If you've got the Saved Game list, you're in the wrong section. Then let the game reinstall everything. I missed the backwards dragons, but never setting foot in the water would truly kill the game. HOW did they test this patch without finding that flaw? One of the 'fixes' breaks the game every time! And the pixellated blur is hardly an improvement over the original, even if it's not crashing the game, IMO. Although, I wonder if this is related to the PC's patch patch related to Crashing-to-Desktop after the Steam Beta was released.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying the game, but can they not test the stupid patches first? I'm on a console, not a PC where everyone has different hardware and software to cause unexpected conflicts!

More and more glad I'm waiting to get the game. I borrowed it from a friend and blasted through all 50 Achievements, but I'm holding out for the inevitable GOTY/Ultimate edition. I'm hoping it will be all suped up by that point.

If you've got PS3 and the 1.5 patch - BE SURE to delete your game data (not save data) before entering the water! It is extremely difficult to play this game without going underwater and the' wonderful' new underwater camera is crashing the game, every single time! I tried the belated fix Bethesda put out and deleting the game data did correct the issue, but the patch trapped me in a dungeon where the only exit was by swimming, and I couldn't go in the water without having to turn off the console! (or go back several hours and a critical quest solution to the last save prior to entering the dungeon, which would then leave the quest series hanging).

If you haven't already seen the fix, go on the PS3 Menu to the Game Data Utility and remove both Skyrim selections, the patch data and the installed game data. If you've got the Saved Game list, you're in the wrong section. Then let the game reinstall everything. I missed the backwards dragons, but never setting foot in the water would truly kill the game. HOW did they test this patch without finding that flaw? One of the 'fixes' breaks the game every time! And the pixellated blur is hardly an improvement over the original, even if it's not crashing the game, IMO. Although, I wonder if this is related to the PC's patch patch related to Crashing-to-Desktop after the Steam Beta was released.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying the game, but can they not test the stupid patches first? I'm on a console, not a PC where everyone has different hardware and software to cause unexpected conflicts!

Woah, never heard of any of that! On the PC version I just get completely blinded whenever I go underwater, and from what I understand that shouldn't be the case. And then I can't tell what freakin' direction my character is facing, which always brings the risk of drowning.

Lucky for me, I just came across a Dragon Priest mask that let's me breathe underwater tongue.png

You only need an enchanted item to take the enchantment from (like a sword, helmet, boots etc.), An item to put the enchantment on (a specific item you want it on) and a Soul Gem filled with a soul (which can be done with the Soul Trap spell)

so three items, if you need Soul Trap, then four items. It boosted my level like a motherfucker.

I tried it out, and I was shocked at how easy it was. I gained a level in enchanting almost every time I destroyed an item, and I had a lot of them. I'm still confused on how you capture souls, however. I've found enough pre-filled gems to keep my fiery weapons of doom charged for a while, but I can't always rely on those.

(Sorry for the double post, I just don't see the point in editing my last one if no one is reading the topic.)

Well, I can now confirm with 100% certainty that Erandur was killed by those Frost Trolls. I was in the area so I dropped into Labryinthian (Literally, when I'm going down a mountain I like hopping down onto rocky crevices to speed things up) and found Erandur's body right outside the dome. I'm surprised it was still there after all this time, I guess the game keeps track of slain companions. Anyway, I avenged him and killed those troll fuckers! Which is really gratifying, because these things were impossible for me earlier in the game.

Isn't it fun to go back and whack things you could hardly touch earlier?

The water freeze issues were (so far as I've heard) confined to the PS3, and Bethesda claims to have fixed the problem so that the patch no longer causes it. All I can personally vouch for is my own game locking up multiple times, and a lot of other people posted about the same issue; deleting the game data fixed the problem. If you have a PC, you shouldn't need to worry about that glitch.

I tried it out, and I was shocked at how easy it was. I gained a level in enchanting almost every time I destroyed an item, and I had a lot of them. I'm still confused on how you capture souls, however. I've found enough pre-filled gems to keep my fiery weapons of doom charged for a while, but I can't always rely on those.

To capture souls, equip the "Soul Trap" spell (so it'll be equipped onto one of your hands), hold the attack button for the hand it's equipped onto, zap someone with it (it takes quite alot of magicka) then immediatley after zapping someoen, kill them after that, their soul gets trapped into the gem.

Sometimes though a soul Gem will need more than one, though if you have the Daedric Artifact "The Black Star" you don't need any gems or souls as it's your Soul Gem that can be used on everything and regenerates, so it can be used more than once!

• 4 months later...

New DLC Announcement! And no, I don't mean Dawnguard.

So Hearthfire essentially adds more "life-sim" elements, with a customizable house and being able to adopt children. I absolutely love life-sim games like Harvest Moon, The Sims, and Animal Crossing, and honestly this was the one aspect of Skyrim that I felt was lacking. I never married with any of my characters because I didn't really see the point. But now...hells yeah.

• Thumbs Up 1

Put the Dragonbone weapons and arrow-smithing in that with the other crafting additions and I'll happily skip Dawnguard and get this instead. Assuming IT actually comes to PS3. (I get tired of people ranting about the 30-day exclusivity for X-Box, since that was known before Skyrim came out, but some information on the continued and repeated delays would be nice.) I hope I can reassign my horses to this house. The question is, will they add/unlock a few more spouse options? My Khajiit hasn't got anyone that it makes in-character sense to marry, as neither Khajiit nor Wood Elves are available for wedding.

My other character is married but has no use for a house - and certainly no use for a child. She deliberately married the guy who was SO proud that none of his goods are stolen; she just didn't mention that she's Guild Leader of both the thieves and the assassins.

...So when is the Game of the Year edition coming out with everything in it?

I am seriously re-considering console play after DeadEndThrills shown me this.

monstermagnet.jpg

Edited by turbojet

• 1 year later...

Super Ultra Ultimate Fighting Edition Deluxe heading to PS4 & Xbox One?

Someone emailed them about it and got this

Hype.....?

Eh. If they're going to port it to next Gen systems, they'd better add some pretty significant improvements to make it worth a purchase, otherwise I don't see much of a point to this at all. 

On the chance that they do make improvements/additions, they'd better at least have the courtesy to put it on PC so the modding community can fix everything that's inevitably going to be broken.