Awoo.

Mass Effect 3

Patticus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcPvHkXfqoc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdjaxnOcoZs

It's not often a trailer makes you say "holy fuck" out loud, but still... holy fuck! I'm really feeling like I need to buy the first two games in the series now. :lol: That was a truly awesome trailer, much better than the Resistance 3 one, it properly made me want the game in a big way. Good job Bioware!

Pat, you have an Xbox 360, but you never played Mass Effect? Wow. I don't have an Xbox, but I was able to play my roommates and this game is fucking aweseome. It looks like the Reapers are going to attack Earth this time. Can't wait for Mass Effect 2 to come out for the PS3 although I am skeptical of how that will work since PS3 owners won't get Mass Effect and we are more likely to skip an entire game's experience. Oh well.

I have my theory on how Shep is going to beat the Reapers. All the allainces that Shep has gathered up or dismantled will be critical to the plot. It will be awesome.

It's not often a trailer makes you say "holy fuck" out loud, but still... holy fuck! I'm really feeling like I need to buy the first two games in the series now. :lol:

First off *bitch slap* Play the first 2 games dammit.

Second, holy fuck indeed. My jaw was on the floor seeing the London getting torn apart like that. The Reapers are here and they are fucking pissed. Though on a seperate note it's interesting that London has held up to this point of time, particular Big Ben. Well, held up at least before the Reapers came.

Want this game NOW!

Pat, you have an Xbox 360, but you never played Mass Effect? Wow.

First off *bitch slap* Play the first 2 games dammit.

I got into an "it's a Star Wars rip-off" strop over the first game, so by the time number two came along I just felt no interest whatsoever. I'll definitely be looking to grab them in the upcoming January Sales though!

Pat, you have an Xbox 360, but you never played Mass Effect? Wow. I don't have an Xbox, but I was able to play my roommates and this game is fucking aweseome. It looks like the Reapers are going to attack Earth this time. Can't wait for Mass Effect 2 to come out for the PS3 although I am skeptical of how that will work since PS3 owners won't get Mass Effect and we are more likely to skip an entire game's experience. Oh well.

Mass Effect 2 on PS3 will have an interactive comic to bring players up to speed with the story of the first game.

http://kotaku.com/5683767/interactive-comic-will-set-up-mass-effect-2-for-ps3

I have an Xbox 360, but have never played the first 2 games either. The games just haven't really appealed to me, but given their critical success, I may pick them up in the January sales like Patticus and give them a go.

That's not all; in announcing Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 at GamesCom, Electronic Arts said it would feature "hours of bonus content." So in addition to the interactive comic, PS3 players will get all three previously released DLC extensions, plus the one-use code that gives access to the Cerberus Network.

Can you comprehend the awesomeness of this statement? We get "Kasumi DLC", "Shadow Broker DLC", and motherfuckin' "Overlord DLC" for absolutely no added prioce what so ever! Holy fuck! HOLY! FUCK! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

*has a massive nerdgasm right before his head explodes*

I have my theory on how Shep is going to beat the Reapers. All the allainces that Shep has gathered up or dismantled will be critical to the plot. It will be awesome.

I used to think like that, then I had a revelation

In mass effect 1 and 2 you usually had the option of setting up the various races as future allies or wiping them off the map completely (or at least alienating them to your cause). If said races were "critical" to the storyline, than someone who killed off their potential help in 1 or 2, could have theoretically already lost the war in 3, which would suck. There is no doubt in my mind that a few alien species will play a role in to sticking it to the reapers (I have 1 particular race in mind) but the game has to give you at least a bleak win scenario for those who made other choices.

In other words, I don't think that the blow that drops the reapers can come from an ally from past games.

Edited by turbojet

Lets see.

We have the Quarians(if you did that right), Rachni(if you didn't wipe them off the face of the Earth), the Geth(if you didn't exterminate Legion or the Heretic Geth), the Quranians and the Geth together(if you did right by Legion and Tali) and Krogan(if you didn't kill Wrex).

I got into an "it's a Star Wars rip-off" strop over the first game, so by the time number two came along I just felt no interest whatsoever.

That's the thing though

Lets look at Wrex as an example. His role in ME2 was significantly less then in the first game, most likely due to the fact that he could have been dead in 1/2 of the gamers storylines. Though they did find a sweet spot to fit him in, he really had no impact on the game itself. Fastforward to ME3 and we see the Geth, Krogan and Rachni all possibly out of commission due to the events of previous games. While they may pop up in the next game, I can't imagine them being the key to victory. Someone who already lost Wrex and glassed the Rachni would have no shot of saving the Universe if that were the case.

The same is true for pretty much everyone in Shepards squad, save for maybe Garrus because Bro-Dog is invincible.

Skimming through the thread to avoid ME2 spoilers, but:

... how? It's like nothing close to Star Wars except for, like, stars. Star Trek, possibly, but I don't watch Star Trek that much.

It's actually a Star Control "ripoff". Then again I'm probably the only one here that has played Star Control 2 & 3 so I'm not surprised nobody made the connection.

Play Star Control 2 you salubrious rejects.

I wonder if the interactive comic will allow players to do side quests from ME1?

It should if Bioware intends to carry sidequest outcomes over, 'cause the plan seems to be eventually turning the comic into a savefile generator for people that want a new Shepard in 2 without having to replay 1.

... how? It's like nothing close to Star Wars except for, like, stars. Star Trek, possibly, but I don't watch Star Trek that much.

At the time people were bitching about it because it looked like Star Wars without Lightsabers. Now we know different, but we was living in Mad Max times, man.

At the time people were bitching about it because it looked like Star Wars without Lightsabers.

once again, how?

i mean like, i'm really not seeing a connection unless the first trailers and shit were totally vague. You can't even really say the armor looks like anything out of star wars (not like anything except for stormtroopers and vader wore armor but you know.)

once again, how?

i mean like, i'm really not seeing a connection unless the first trailers and shit were totally vague. You can't even really say the armor looks like anything out of star wars (not like anything except for stormtroopers and vader wore armor but you know.)

bioware made Kotor, pretty sure there was some sentiment that Mass Effect looked like another Kotor without the license.

bioware made Kotor, pretty sure there was some sentiment that Mass Effect looked like another Kotor without the license.

Ah. Yeah I guess I can understand the connection now.

Anyways, ohmygodmasseffect3

ohmygod

I need to go 100% Mass Effect 1, and then 2. Right now. Full Paragon. Then 100% both on Renegade (also female). By then the game should be out for a good two weeks.

I wish they'd make KOTOR III. TOR doesn't interest me, seeing as it's a MMORPG.

Still, I'm excited about ME3, even though I still need to beat 2. I just started really playing it now, but I have Garrus, Zaeed and the Professor recruited..

Pat, you have an Xbox 360, but you never played Mass Effect? Wow.

He's not the only one, I haven't gotten the either one of the games myself. Tho, I didn't write it off as a Star Wars rip-off.

I've been real cautious in my purchase of video games lately, screening for the ones that would give me the greatest fun for months to come, and I've written off quite a lot. :lol:

Don't know, maybe I have my standards set impossibly high lately?

At any rate, I swear the engineer in me wanted to have a heart attack over seeing the Reapers walk on the ground "War of the Worlds" style. I swear if they weren't equipped with anti-grav engines, or whatever kind of propulsion they have, I would have been screaming "bullshit!" over that...but that wouldn't have stopped it from being awesome! :D

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

At any rate, I swear the engineer in me wanted to have a heart attack over seeing the Reapers walk on the ground "War of the Worlds" style. I swear if they weren't equipped with anti-grav engines, or whatever kind of propulsion they have, I would have been screaming "bullshit!" over that...but that wouldn't have stopped it from being awesome! :D

Edited by turbojet

At any rate, I swear the engineer in me wanted to have a heart attack over seeing the Reapers walk on the ground "War of the Worlds" style. I swear if they weren't equipped with anti-grav engines, or whatever kind of propulsion they have, I would have been screaming "bullshit!" over that...but that wouldn't have stopped it from being awesome!

I know right, you'd think they wouldn't be able to do it upright like that

I don't think they're walking... I mean they can fly through space, I don't think Earth's atmosphere would be a problem. It looks more like they're just stepping. Not actually using their legs... tenticles... legticles to move around, but just as another weapon.

Otherwise yeah how the fuck could they walk their legs would just snap in half and they'd fall.

Actually, dude, there is a very thorough Codex in-game that takes in account of the Physics, Engineering, and even biology and atmosphere of planets.

Oooh! More for the nerd in me! :D

How the Reapers are able to walk the Earth? Well...they've been wiping out civilizations for multiple millenia so they might have the tech to pull it off.

I would figure that they stay in the atmosphere and use some kind of energy ray to harvest/annihilate said civilizations, or use slaves like they did in ME2 to help with the job as opposed to "walking" on it planetside.

But still, awesome trailer is awesome. No amount of analysis is going to come to any other conclusion.

But still, awesome trailer is awesome. No amount of analysis is going to come to any other conclusion.

The trailer blew because it wasn't 100% focused on either Wrex or Garrus.

Logic Debunked.

The trailer blew because it wasn't 100% focused on either Wrex or Garrus.

It had a ruined city at war. That's awesome in my book.