Awoo.

Mass Effect 3

Patticus

I think what I'm finding familiar about it is actually the way the path/road thing curves into the building. It's like SUPER familiar, and my mind keeps going to Noveria, as you're pulling up to the labs, but that makes no sense at all.

Noveria's buildings were super tall, like that in the picture but more angular. I see where you're coming from but that can't be Noveria and it's unlikely to be any other human colony world. The flowing lines and blueness say Asari to me, although the possibility that it might be Salarian, Quarian or Geth also remain.

Noveria's buildings were super tall, like that in the picture but more angular. I see where you're coming from but that can't be Noveria and it's unlikely to be any other human colony world.

Yeah, it's obviously not Noveria, but it's giving off this vibe like it's from there and Earth to me and I have no idea why.

Yeah, it's obviously not Noveria, but it's giving off this vibe like it's from there and Earth to me and I have no idea why.

You're getting the Earth vibe because of the background. The cityscape is very Earth-like and in complete contrast to the big blinged-up building with its cubical shapes, more industrial shapes. It also looks slightly ravaged by combat and wasn't Earth supposed to feature as a playing area in this game?

I think it's just some super-fancy space-age building in the middle of one of Earth's largest cities. The reason it might look a bit Asari-ish is because the Asari style and technology is essentially nicked from the Protheans who have pretty much inspired the most of the galaxy, including mankind during the initial find of the technology.

Edited by Flint

I've been playing MS2 more now, but I found out about this Kasumi DLC character. I haven't beaten the game yet, but I'd like to soon, so my question is, can I still "recruit" her on the same file if I beat the game? Or do I have to do that before doing the Suicide Mission?

As people in the Sonic Generations sub-forum are aware, I picked up the new issue of OXM UK. Here's scans of their 8 page Mass Effect 3 preview:

1zl9fe0.jpg

25rfi8p.jpg

2rfeah2.jpg

qxmn0g.jpg

1zlqiqf.jpg

dcylwi.jpg

27zg4gp.jpg

id6ds0.jpg

If anyone wants to archive them it's Xbox 360 The Official Xbox Magazine (UK) Issue 73 June 2011.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've been playing MS2 more now, but I found out about this Kasumi DLC character. I haven't beaten the game yet, but I'd like to soon, so my question is, can I still "recruit" her on the same file if I beat the game? Or do I have to do that before doing the Suicide Mission?

Thanks Shadzter.

Yes, you can. But I wouldn't recommend it since she can be quite intregral to whether a few of squadmates survive the suicide mission or not.

Thanks. I don't really get how that works, seeing as Shepard is recruiting these people for the mission, though xD. That's why I was unsure..

Now I need to go find somewhere to connect my 360 to the internet :/

• Thumbs Up 1

Romantics rejoice, for Male Shepard will finally find male love (instead of having to dodge conversation topics with his female crew members in a fit of paranoia in case they misinterpret his desire to get to know his teammates better as flirting. I JUST WANT TO BE FRIENDS).

There's also some party member info in that link: to nutshell, every party member from both games will appear in some way, everyone from ME1's crew bar Wrex and the dead one return as party peeps, your romances will know if you cheated on them in ME2, etc.

Edited by Flint

But in a surprising twist of developments, the only romanceable party member available for a gay relationship will be Grunt.

i would totally be okay with that. do it bioware

• Thumbs Up 1

Romantics rejoice, for Male Shepard will finally find male love (instead of having to dodge conversation topics with his female crew members in a fit of paranoia in case they misinterpret his desire to get to know his teammates better as flirting. I JUST WANT TO BE FRIENDS).

I just want to be friends will never be an option and it sucks. "Hey Jack, tell me about yourself since you are a member of my squad and I just resolved alot of your emotional problems." "HE LOVES ME!" Fuck that was annoying as shit.

There's also some party member info in that link: to nutshell, every party member from both games will appear in some way, everyone from ME1's crew bar Wrex and the dead one return as party peeps, your romances will know if you cheated on them in ME2, etc.

Why in the hell would Shepard cheat on the most powerful information broker in the galaxy?

I just want to be friends will never be an option and it sucks. "Hey Jack, tell me about yourself since you are a member of my squad and I just resolved alot of your emotional problems." "HE LOVES ME!" Fuck that was annoying as shit.

Garrus should totally be the option

Well, I play a femshep so I got that covered. Glad they added him for 2, because the other options are fishlips and the prize. But I wouldn't complain if that happened in 3.

I know I'm going to look like a devious pervert here, but I'm a bit tired of devs playing it safe. Less blue painted humans and more hilarious crazy shit. There's a lot of species to choose from and if ME2's any indication EVERYONE wants to get in Shepard's bed.

Or Alistair

futuramafrylookingsquin.jpg

I'm a bit tired of devs playing it safe. Less blue painted humans and more hilarious crazy shit. There's a lot of species to choose from and if ME2's any indication EVERYONE wants to get in Shepard's bed.

The recent revelations on romance options sound a little conflicting. Bioware's stated that there's no "new" romance options, yet states there'll be male x male options now for male Shepards. If I'm reading it correctly that means there's only 4 options available from the previous games, any of which could potentially be dead, all of which showed no interest in male Shepard prior to 3. Well then again there's 2 characters in ME2 you couldn't romance in ME1 so I guess things change overtime. At least Bioware is looking into that option now finally for those who want it.

As for "cheating" situations with ME1 interests, I mean to be fair, there was trust issues with one of the options, and after that scene you have to assume you called it off between each other at that point. And the other option you could continue in ME2 assuming you bought the correct DLC. But I guess it'll be something interesting to see in ME3, though I'm putting my foot down that any grivances with the former option from ME1 will be overeacting and uncalled for.

The recent revelations on romance options sound a little conflicting. Bioware's stated that there's no "new" romance options, yet states there'll be male x male options now for male Shepards.

They've retracted the former statement about no new companions.

They've retracted the former statement about no new companions.

Oh did they? Slow news blogs are slow. I guess ultimately it's all in the air since the game is still heavily in development, so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Oh did they? Slow news blogs are slow. I guess ultimately it's all in the air since the game is still heavily in development, so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Edited by Flint

Love interests mean little to me since my Shep will remain loyal to Liara. Can't really leave a girl that dedicated 2 years of her life(eventhough she has the lifespan of a turtle) to bringing you back to life.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to admit I felt sort of bad ditching her for Garrus, but hey, I wanted to get the romance scenes and it was either her or that one guy. You know. The one that nobody cares about.

It's not my fault the hot turian dickings weren't available in the first game!

I romanced Ashley in the first game, mostly because Liara is blue and that's kind of a major turn off.

She's a bitch in 2, so you know what, if she dosen't like that she's old news, fuck 'er.