Awoo.

Mass Effect 3

Patticus

So this just confirms that whatever RPG element that was left in ME is all but gone, right?

Seems like it until we receive more information on the changes made to combat.

Multiplayer co-op details revealed:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/10/mass-effect-3-co-op-multiplayer-galaxy-war/?a_dgi=aolshare_facebook

It's 4-player co-op, BUT not in the main story, in a mode outside of the full single player experience unaffected by your Mass Effect 1 & 2 saves that features you as a squad in an RPG shooter setting and a separate story. You choose your race, make your character, get stats, etc. HOWEVER, doing things in this game CAN affect your single player story if you decide to link the events of that story to your profile.

A co-op multiplayer mode with its own self-contained story, with the option to allow it to influence events in the singleplayer campaign?

Sounds good to me. I just hope that it's not online-only, as the having a split-screen co-op mode would be nice too.

3 player co-op makes sense, given each of your squadmates is essentially a preset of the skills also available to the main player. No reason why your AI squadmates couldn't be controled by human players. Issues come up when the developer has to figure out how to deal with the chat interactions between NPCs, so Bioware opted to make the co-op component seperate understandably. I for one am looking forward to it, being able to finally coordinate power usage between real people and not just computers. Being able to play as the other species will also be great.

Aw, nuts. Now this will be yet another game in my library I can't get all the achievements on. Curse you crowd-pleasing superfluous multiplayer in a roleplaying game!

What? I'm a completionist.

^

- If you’re one of those gamers that loves to complete every piece of a game, then you’re in luck. By doing enough in the singleplayer campaign, you will be able to earn enough War Assets, you won’t have to participate in the “galactic war”.
Edited by Dobkeratops

The fuck? I sure as hell never wanted this.

No, you wanted this, you just didn't want it till one week into the future. I know this because I'm Edward_Elric from one week in the future.

Edited by Edward_Elric

• 3 months later...

Picked up the latest issue of GamesMaster. Here's their world exclusive feature on Mass Effect 3:

Spoiler tagged for size.

11aba0y.jpg

2cfwpky.jpg

15ib4v7.jpg

30sklg2.jpg

2e1bmro.jpg

30u6drk.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

I admit I was peeved about the multiplayer, especially after Skyrim so epically proved to the industry that you don't NEED superfluous multiplayer to make a best-selling title. But after it's been confirmed that you can still get the Super Epic Golden Rockstar ending by solely playing single player through the trilogy, I'm okay with it.

It just means it'll be the first Mass Effect game I can't 100% Achievement hunt.

I don't care what happens in multiplayer, but Bioware better give me that sword that ninja is carrying.

Eh, they're REALLY upping the stakes for this. So someone who you let live can come and bite you back in the ass with that second chance huh?

I seriously hope I've made some good choices in ME2. There was that one turian I REALLY wanted to let Garrus kill for betraying his team, but the Paragon side got the better of me and had him sparred. Didn't help that Garrus was being too much of a loose cannon than before, and really made me worry.

In other news, I really want to see the turian councilor's face when he sees the reapers. They should allow me to dance in his face with the "I told you so" dance in the game, just to rub the salt in the wounds!

• Thumbs Up 2

Eh, they're REALLY upping the stakes for this. So someone who you let live can come and bite you back in the ass with that second chance huh?

Let's see here. Jacob's dad, Jack's facility mate, Mordin's protege, Garrus's teammate, the former dirty cop, the guy Thane and Shepard interrogated, and...that's about it. I'm okay.

Fuck...those were almost the exact same people I let live.

Oh well, not taking any chances in ME3. If ANY one of those people misuse their second chance, I'm likely to be more eager to kill them or let them die...if the Paragon side of me doesn't get the better of me then.

I wonder if killing that Warden who was intending to make me a slave was an okay choice. I sorta acted on impulse and didn't waste a second to go Renegade on his ass for breaking the deal we had and let Jack fuck his station to high hell. And it's funny when you've been going for a Paragon path.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I'm almost ready with my Paragon of Ultimate Jesus-Dudette character. With The Darkness II coming out any day, I doubt I'll have time to get a Renegade Rascal of Ultimate Dickery character ready in time for Mass Effect 3.

Oh, well. Replay is fun play.

Speaking of Paragon, my instigating ass decided to bring Legion onto the Migrant Fleet and managed to convince them to have him onboard. The reaction was hilarious! (well, if you find being at gunpoint hilarious)laugh.png

It's fun being a dick as a Paragon charming your way through things.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 2

Speaking of Paragon, my instigating ass decided to bring Legion onto the Migrant Fleet and managed to convince them to have him onboard. The reaction was hilarious! (well, if you find being at gunpoint hilarious)laugh.png

It's fun being a dick as a Paragon charming your way through things.

Speaking of this, I'll be going into a new playthrough of ME2 soon(still on ME1) and was wondering if it was possible to recruit Legion before recruiting Tali, and if so do parts of the mission change bringing Legion along? Haven't done it since on my previous playthroughs I always get Tali first in the second half of the game. But with how the loyalty missions go I was curious if anything would change with the actual recruitment mission.

Speaking of this, I'll be going into a new playthrough of ME2 soon(still on ME1) and was wondering if it was possible to recruit Legion before recruiting Tali, and if so do parts of the mission change bringing Legion along? Haven't done it since on my previous playthroughs I always get Tali first in the second half of the game. But with how the loyalty missions go I was curious if anything would change with the actual recruitment mission.

Edited by turbojet

Alright, thanks for the info guys. I'll have to make a seperate save for that when I reach that point. As curious as I am about what happens on that mission with Legion, I don't like getting Legion that early due to the "time bomb" associated with him.