Awoo.

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Mick

ChuckSchuldinerRIP.jpg

To any fans of heavy metal/death metal musician Chuck Schuldiner, you're aware that he passed away on this day. He was an extremely talented musician. I would consider him a virtuoso. He formed the band Mantas back in 1983 and that band would be known as Death a year later. He is definitely my biggest influence as a vocalist/guitarist. Despite the fact that he may have not been as mainstream as other heavy metal/rock musicians, he has a special place in rock 'n' roll history. Some say he is the godfather of death metal. Without him, I would have most likely not give a damn about death metal or even heavy metal in general.

11324949_Chuck49.jpg

The seventh and final Death album The Sound of Perservence will be re-issued by Relapse Records on February 15 (February 21 internationally). I have all Death records, so I don't think I'll be getting the re-issues. Oh and don't get me started on re-issues either...

FatherChuck600dpiRawsmall.JPG

For more on this Chuck Schuldiner/Death/Control Denied, click here.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 11 months later...

It has now been 10 years. I should have posted this thread this year. Oh well!

He is definitely my biggest influence. His music will live on and on.

People most likely haven't the foggiest who he is, and not to mention that he's now been dead for 10 years.

• Thumbs Up 1