Awoo.

The Dreamcast Collection

Badnik Mechanic

Yeesh, that box art looks really lazy. The only remotely interesting feature is having the title written down the side like it was an actual Dreamcast box, but the rest is just a random collage of the four games' box art and a Dreamcast snapshot.

As I say, if this is reasonably inexpensive I might pick it up solely for Space Channel 5 Part 2. That doesn't mean I approve of it though. Poor show, SEGA.

• Thumbs Up 2

EDIT: Oh hahahahahahaha! I just realised something! This will be the PC version of SADX being re-released on PC but being called the Dreamcast version. Oh SEGA, you so silly funny

It's actually even better than that... you’ll be buying a PC version of the game for the PC, which is disguised as the Dreamcast version for the PC and then pay an extra £5.99 for the DLC which will then upgrade it to the PC version for your PC, which is already a PC version.

And all of this comes just after the PS3/360 versions had a price cut by over 50%.

So the good news for Xbox owners is this now after you bought the game for half price, you can now buy it again, for full price! But this time it has 2011 by the copywrite!

*looks through a lost property box* I’m just looking for a plot, I think Sega’s lost theirs.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, the box art is pretty bade. Not sure if I'll get this. It may be the cheapest way to get the four together for the 360. But Bass Fishing without the fishing pole? :-/

MK: If you only want Space Channel 5, why not download it from XBLA?

MK: If you only want Space Channel 5, why not download it from XBLA?

Because I am one of those unfortunate people who only own a Wii and therefore have no access to XBLA/PSN.

Yes, I know I suck.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Because I am one of those unfortunate people who only own a Wii and therefore have no access to XBLA/PSN.

Yes, I know I suck.

Ah. I forgot there was a PC version of this, so I thought you were getting the 360 version :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

"Enhanced graphics" my ASS. What the frag is this bullcrap? Oh that's right, another cheap port cash in, this time of games that are all already available on live >_>

And SA:DX STILL ISN'T WIDE SCREEN God damn SEGA. What are you, dense? Are you retarded or something?

• Thumbs Up 5

In the next collection I WANT TO SEE

Sonic Adventure 2

Shenmue I

Sega Rally 2

Skies of Arcadia

then another collection with

Shenmue II

Jet Set Radio Future

Samba De Amigo

Ecco The Dolphin - Defender of the Future

this would be a lifetime dream

What are you, dense? Are you retarded or something?

They're the goddamn SEGA, man.

also this is incredibly lazy blah blah blah where is my jet set radio, sega. not jet grind radio or whatever the fuck you call it here in the us, jet set radio is a way better name, start calling it that instead.

They're the goddamn SEGA, man.

also this is incredibly lazy blah blah blah where is my jet set radio, sega. not jet grind radio or whatever the fuck you call it here in the us, jet set radio is a way better name, start calling it that instead.

They were going to, but they almost had legal issues with some unknown loser radio station called Jet Set Radio. God dammit.

They were going to, but they almost had legal issues with some unknown loser radio station called Jet Set Radio. God dammit.

And what could have stopped this massive corperation beating this miniscule radio station over rights to that name? Just be lazy about it and use the alternative to save all the agro?

Well while we're on the subject, how exactly does the PS2 version of Space Channel 5 compare to the DC original? I was thinking about buying this (the PS2 Special Edition, not this so-called "Dreamcast" Collection), and I'm hoping that it's a decent port.

And what could have stopped this massive corperation beating this miniscule radio station over rights to that name? Just be lazy about it and use the alternative to save all the agro?

To be fair that'd be a pretty jerkass move. Let the lil radio have their name, they had it first. At least SEGA have the rights now.

Well while we're on the subject, how exactly does the PS2 version of Space Channel 5 compare to the DC original? I was thinking about buying this (the PS2 Special Edition, not this so-called "Dreamcast" Collection), and I'm hoping that it's a decent port.

From what I recall of it, (if we're talking Part 1 here) it's a pretty much no frills straight port of the DreamCast one, though you said special edition so if there was a non-special edition I prolly played that. For what it's worth, I used to have tons of annoying lag/timing issues with the DC one (I tended to be able to play certain sections perfect but others I'd fail EVERY note to the point that I'm convinced it was the game, not me - I could beat stage 1 and 3 and get pretty far on 4 (failed out of fairness), but for some reason stage 2 always ruined me, I'd fail every note and barely get halfway through), but had no such trouble when playing the PS2 one. It felt like it was responding correctly to me.

The special edition is just Space Channel 5 bundled with Part 2. I'm not sure if it was released outside of North America.

Congrats Sega. You made me not care at all about something that has the word "Dreamcast" in it. Only you could do that.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 5 weeks later...

You thought it couldn't get any better after the port of a port of a remake of a DC game; then Australia came up with an entire side of vinyl that wasn't on the DC.

It appears the vinyl's definitely not going to be available in the U.S.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2011/02/15/dreamcast-collection-limited-edition-vinyl/

However, SEGA of America's grabbed some of them and they're being passed around to various websites to give away.

EDIT:

France and Spain are getting these as pre-order gifts, too:

http://blogs.sega.com/europe/2011/02/15/dreamcast-collection-a-look-at-the-dreamcast-vinyl/#more-3264

SEGA Europe's also got some to give away in competitions and via charity eBay auction.

lol! Sega Bass Fishing is a beloved Dreamcast game!? Uh Shenmue? Hello!? Hello!? Sega!? Remember those really good games for the dreamcast? You know the ones people actually like?

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is the first game in a long time that I legitimately wouldn't accept if it was given to me.