Awoo.

Chris Thorntyke Discussion

KirbyGamer91

But he only really provides the the audience someone to relate to, which is it really needed I mean having someone on screen go "Hey its a blue hedgehog", "Sonic has saved the world many times" isn't what I want to watch, cause I know this. Its really just downgrading to their viewers to have someone like Chris AND what gets on my nerves with Sonic X some episodes just have Chris featuring Sonic instead of the other-way around.

Edited by Flare

Maybe because alot of people watching SonicX will be kids who might have not played the games much/at all? I don't see him as a main character who is there to be relatable...but I can understand that argument. I know you don't need a relatable character, the old Sonic cartoons just have Sonic as the main character and as a kid you loved him because...well he's just awesome. But if you look at most cartoons now there is always a 'relatable character' so it's just part of the trend too I suppose.

I can't really think of any episodes like that, except one and that focuses on Cream more than anyone. But equally the same can be said of the games again, where the focus moves away from Sonic as you play as a different character. Something that's never bothered me. I don't mind Sonic not being the centre of attention constantly as long as it's clear that he's the main characters. It's not at all unusual to shift focus away from the main character, and it is in fact a good storytelling device because you need to make sure that all the characters are fleshed out, not just one of them. If you don't then you have a bad story, regardless of it being a game, novel or movie. Although some might argue that Sonic isn't fleshed out, and that the other characters aren't fleshed out, I have to disagree. By fleshed out I don't mean that you know everything about the character and their backstory etc, what I mean is that you as an audience member can guess what they would do or how they'd react in different situations.

Yeah he does get a lot of rubbish from fans when if Sonic was in your house you wouldn't want him to leave if you did get really attached to his friendship.

True he gets a lot of hate from fans, but its just that some people were turned off when he asked Sonic to stay with him. I know Chris was close to Sonic, but he had to realize that Sonic has to go home along with his other friends. That's why people think he's selfish in a way because he's not thinking about Sonic.

But on a positive note, its good he lets them leave.

But he's a kid, and kids are naturally quite selfish really, and like you said, he does atleast realise that he's wrong and Sonic goes home.

I'd want Sonic to stay with me forever even now! But I'd want them all to stay too lol.

That makes me question, why did they go back, honestly what were they missing on that planet compared to earth? The characters had very little reason to go back in my opinion, considering all the things they loved from their home planet were transported to earth.

That makes me question, why did they go back, honestly what were they missing on that planet compared to earth? The characters had very little reason to go back in my opinion, considering all the things they loved from their home planet were transported to earth.

I never watched Sonic X, but from what I've heard, the presence of Sonic and pals in Chris's universe for too long threatened to destroy both dimensions. Or something.

I doubt that a couple plot devices from their home planet make up "all the things they loved".

Probably a more surreal, fantastical dream-like world that's a lot more fun to be in.

The excuse was that its parallel universes/alternate realities. In Sonics world time moves faster. The two worlds used to be one world but split apart and then because of chaos control the planets are starting to go back together to form one planet again. So they have to do a chaos control thing to make it go back to exactly how it was before Sonic etc arrived. Or time will stop.

Edited by Mollfie

Probably a more surreal, fantastical dream-like world that's a lot more fun to be in.

Actually, their world looked exactly like Earth, both times we saw it. XD

Well we barely got to see anything in it really. I'm sure there's something like Sonic 1's South Island being nearby or whatnot.

At least I'd hope so.

Edited by Sailor Jakey