Awoo.

GAME: Sonic Stars

Mauro Fonseca

So yeah, I figured if I want to have C&C etc. on the concepts I'm arranging for my fangame, I'd have to open a thread.

EDIT: Also, expect unrelated hacks and whatnot to appear of a sudden as I try and learn my way.

SONIC STARS

Intended product in the end- 32xCD 2D Sonic game, with 5 playable characters, huge levels with lots of exploration (Sonic CD in a Sonic 3K scale).

REMISE:

A star-shaped spaceship falls near Dr. Robotnik's base. Studying it, he discovers the ship has immense power, and uses it to fuel a whole new army of badniks.

SONIC & TAILS: They witness the ship falling, and later on Robotnik's attack of the Floating Island, so they decide to stop him.

KNUCKLES: Robotnik attacks the Floating Island as revenge for the events of Sonic 3K. Knuckles leaves the Island in order to stop him. He also gets the more fights with Nack.

AMY: Using her mystic powers, Amy recieves a call for help from the stasis-mode alien trapped inside the starship, and goes to rescue him.

NACK (as a boss): Hired by Dr. Robotnik to bring down the heroes.

NACK (playable character): After the events of the game (á lá Knuckles in Sonic & Knuckles) one of Robotnik's Eggrobos decides to try himself and lead the badniks to conquest. Nack is hired by Robotnik to bring them down.

CHARACTER MOVESETS:

sonic_stars__sonic_moves_by_thekkm-d351k2m.png

sonic_stars__amy_moveset__wip__by_thekkm-d359gv8.png

CONCEPT ART:

sonic_stars_sonic_the_hedgehog_by_thekkm-d34x2te.jpg

So yeah, all I got for now. Comments on Sonic's Moveset and button disposition would be appreciated.

Edited by The KKM
  • Thumbs Up 2

I still think there's no reason for the peel-out to show up in anything that has a decent spin dash, but that aside, it sounds pretty cool. Story sounds interesting, I like the variety of characters rather than the usual "Sonic-Tails-Knuckles ONLY" attitude a lot of people have (I especially like that you're bringing back Nack), Sonic's moveset looks solid (thumbs up for giving him a walljump), and the redesign in the concept art is...interesting. More wild and impish than the cool, laid back Sonic that Sega went with. And I'm interested in seeing what kind of moves you give to the other characters, especially Nack, since he's only been playable in a fighting game and a kart racer...

I still think there's no reason for the peel-out to show up in anything that has a decent spin dash, but that aside, it sounds pretty cool. Story sounds interesting, I like the variety of characters rather than the usual "Sonic-Tails-Knuckles ONLY" attitude a lot of people have (I especially like that you're bringing back Nack), Sonic's moveset looks solid (thumbs up for giving him a walljump), and the redesign in the concept art is...interesting. More wild and impish than the cool, laid back Sonic that Sega went with. And I'm interested in seeing what kind of moves you give to the other characters, especially Nack, since he's only been playable in a fighting game and a kart racer...

Instant top speed. I'm planning for it to be a quite useful move on the long run.

EDIT: I meant, instant AND constant top speed. Spin Dash slows down with time.

EDIT EDIT: sonic_stars__sonic_sprite_wip_by_thekkm-d35325h.png

Edited by The KKM
  • Thumbs Up 1

Impressive sprite! If I were you, I'd go with the outlined one for two reasons.

1. It looks less messy

2. It will stand out against the backgrounds more

Good luck with your project! :)

Edited by LunchPolice

• 4 weeks later...