Awoo.

Games TM has a big Sonic suprise in store?

Badnik Mechanic

I just posted this on the Status updates but I'll post it here too for people who don't read them.

Mike Pollock under a NDA about something he replies to a post on his Facebook Profile...

Sonic/Random Fan (won't put real name):Hi, Mike! Howw's you're December goin'?

Mike Pollock: Some very exciting things happening this month. Sadly, NDAs keep me gagged .

Interesting but could be anything but I'm guessing it's something to do with this Sonic Games TM thing or something related to it =/ =).

Edited by Croft

Keep in mind that it might not be Sonic related. Doesn't Mike do a lot of other roles that have nothing to do with Sonic?

EDIT: Ah, just realized that's probably what you meant in the last part of your post. Point still stands, though.

Edited by gamerguy21

Several subscribers to the magazine have confirmed that they've recieved their issues of GamesTM 104.

However, as of yet not one has mentioned Sonic or given any hint of word that there is a big Sonic announcement inside.

Side note: They consider Vanquish to be one of the best games of 2010 and have published some pieces of art in it.

Side note 2: They say Epic Micky is rubbish.

Edit: I have a feeling that theres nothing, their NEXT ISSUE page is a lie! A lie damn you... again, please feel free to take compensation in the form of the drawing of a spider.

Edited by Hogfather

Yeah that little panel looks like a cute graphical way to use classic games in announcing their next issue. Not likely more than that.

Do you read GamesTM? I know pretty much all games magazines can be classed as corrupt; but personally, I think GamesTM is one of the better ones.

They gave Colours an 8 (the same score as New Super Mario Bros. Wii), Sonic 4 a 7 and absolutely loved Black Knight (despite everyone else in the industry hating it.) Also, in the past few issues, they've done an interview with Takashi Iizuka, the Travellers Tales' team that worked with 3D Blast and some of the original authors of Sonic the Comic.

They also wrote a 'blasphemous' review for Mario Kart Wii, giving it 6/10.

I was speaking in general terms about the videogame media industry, with respect to the fashion to hate Sonic and love Mario. I do, however, read GamesTM, and I also read Edge, and I've found my analysis to be largely (but not always) true!

Sorry if you disagree and I'm glad you like the magazine! Somebody's got to, eh? :)

From a staff member at GamesTM responding to Tristan's article:

@tssznews On gamesTM's Sonic back page. We always use a favourite "victory screen" from a classic game. There are no cryptic clues.

@tssznews On gamesTM's Sonic back page. We always use a favourite "victory screen" from a classic game. There are no cryptic clues.

— Ashley Day (@jellyscare)

December 18, 2010

So, as we guessed, it's nothing.

I was speaking in general terms about the videogame media industry, with respect to the fashion to hate Sonic and love Mario. I do, however, read GamesTM, and I also read Edge, and I've found my analysis to be largely (but not always) true!

Sorry if you disagree and I'm glad you like the magazine! Somebody's got to, eh? :)

Aha, if you're speaking in general then I have to agree with you. I still consider both GamesTM and EDGE to be the better of the bunch (platform-specific magazines have always been rubbish) though; but just lately, EDGE for one has definitely gone waaaay down hill.

I had a flick through the new issue today. I don't think it's anything major, but in the retro section, there is a 6 page feature on cartoons based on games. They talk about the Sonic cartoons amongst Zelda, Mario etc. Quite interesting actually. Sadly I don't buy the magazine anymore (I found it rather dry and dull), but it might be worth scanning. There's an mini-interview with Mike Piccirillo I do believe.

Yeah I had a flick through the issue again too.

Spotted stuff on Vanquish and the new Shenmue, but nothing Sonic related, well certainly nothing game related.