Awoo.

Your opinion on human and furry relationships in the Sonic series?

S0NIC-Keyblade 007

I was mainly speaking about his design. That was pretty much what my whole post was about, and I have a hard time imagining a more cliche human design then Commander's in ShtH.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

As far as romantic relationships between humans and Sonic-animals, I say avoid it completely. Not because it's "wrong"; in fact, I agree with what's been said about Sonic and the rest being basically human and it being essentially no different than a "green skinned space babe" situation. But, in spite of that logic, most people aren't going to take it that way. As long as you can draw a clear and unambiguous line between "human" and "animal" in the series, it's going to make people uncomfortable. And while you could argue that's a flaw, something society should work past, there's two points against that. One, there is currently no one to fight for. We know of no non-human "human" intelligences, and we may never find (or make) any. It is not only not a pressing matter, but it may be an irrelevant one. And two, this is a video game about a talking blue hedgehog and his colorful pals. This is not the place to challenge society's tolerance of nonstandard relationships; it is a place to make jokes about Baldy McNosehair. So, unless they redesign the humans into a Billy Hatcher-esque style (and even then it'd be on shaky ground), it's for the best to avoid the matter completely.

Now, non-romantic relationships between humans and Sonic-animals? Go for it, full speed ahead. There isn't a damn thing that should stop these from existing. Humans are, undeniably, a part of this series (even if you reject everything from SA on, you'll never be able to argue against Eggman), and there's no reason that some of them can't be friends with and/or allies to Sonic and the rest.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know it hasn't reared its ugly head much directly yet but people have started applying soke proper logic in relation to the 'beastiality' issue. And that is, it isn't one. if it were, a Bat and a Hedgehog would just as much be beastiality. The point is, the whole concept of that is absed around sex with non-sapient animals, creatures of limited intelligents, that can't give consent.

the sonic characters are simply, as some posts have poitned out, aliens in any real terms. theya re thinking, intelligent creatures, able to make informed opinions. It's like Spocks parents in Star Trek, different species. Mass Effect works too as a gaming example. There is *nothing* in any way wrong with a character who happens to have hedgehog ancestors and one that has monkeys, sicne they're both equally 'evolved'.

Moving beyond that, Sonic is his same old self throughout Sonic 06 anyway. He treats Elise pretty much the same as he treats Shahrah, as most of his friends. he teaches her about his world of adventure. She clearly crushes on him, but Sonic never clearly returns any romantic effection beyond the deep level of freidnship he always expresses. It's blown way out of proportion.

I'm all for it if only because I like the concept of a planet where anthropomorphic animals and humans both exist in the same society.

In my opinion, humans are a must in the Sonic Games, because that gives more insight to characters like Eggman & Shadow, for example.

Yes, they have been failing a little in giving breath to good human characters, but rule them out entirely from the games from now on, please SEGA, DON'T!!!

Also, I strongly dislike the Unleashed Human NPCs, too cartoonish to me. Hell, even Chronicles' ones I disliked!

SA1/2 were good enough, but 2006, despite all the criticism, are my favourites, really close to how they should be designed for a Sonic Game.

I don't care if they seem from a whole different world or game series, I prefer them that way. And characters like Gerald, Maria, the President and the G.U.N. Commander (please SEGA, remember to give those last two a name) were good additions to the games, they just had bad scripts to follow, thanks to SEGA...

About Elise, they could have made her a better character. She was a bit dull and stereotypical and was fitted into "another" bad written story, but it was a good start for Human×"Furry" Characters, because the great Shadow×Maria is no longer possible (SEGA should find a way to miraculously bring her back), and I think that kind of interaction is great in the games.

To finalize, Eggman 2006 is great! As human as he should be!!! They should add an artwork of him on Sonic Channel and make one similar for Eggman Nega XD

Edited by XRick
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Humans are present since ever in Sonic. We had his human girlfriend, Madonna. We had lots of humans serving as backgrounds in the Sonic Screensaver arts.

I like humans in Sonic in the same way I like them in Disney comics (even if they're dognoses there): It's background filler, and as Sonic and friends keep being furries, it calls attention to them and says "pay attention to these guys and not the rest".

I think Unleashed was the best in this. Each human looked nice and unique, but the focus was still Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I don't actually mind Elise, and I wasn't squicked out by her kissing Sonic because of the "bestiality". Roger and Jessica Rabbit, anyone? No one seems to criticize that for being bestiality.

I still didn't like their relationship, though, but mostly because I can't see Sonic falling in love with this girl he just met when he's barely even given Amy a chance. But that's just personal bias. But there's nothing to suggest Sonic ever loved Elise back. He was dead when she kissed him, anyway. Seemed like a one-sided crush.

I wouldn't mind a human character who could actually fend for themselves for once, something like a Sonicified Faith from Mirror's Edge would be pretty cool.

Although humans in a similar style to the Mario characters would work wonders, the crossover games have proved that Sonic can look naturally good next to humans other than Eggman. Giving a main human character a 'colour scheme' so to speak would help them fit in as well, like how Peach's colour is pink or Daisy is yellow for example.

The one thing that hit me head straight away when I read the title was basically "Fine, so long as it's done right" and to be honest Sykotech hits it perfectly. I didn't really like seeing all these generic little things being scared of the doctor taking down the Earth etc etc, and Professor Pickle wasn't too bad either, though all of the different villagers and their text speak really got on my nerves. Eggman has the right kind of comedy and humour with the correct mix of evil (ie not so dark) so he fits in nicely as a "Sonic Character" and providing humans fit in nicely like that, then I am not too bothered :)

Though Prof Pickle's moaning over the cucumber sandwiches was kind of aggravating...but yeah.

To finalize, Eggman 2006 is great! As human as he should be!!! They should add an artwork of him on Sonic Channel and make one similar for Eggman Nega XD

Edited by RidersDX
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I've always been fine with human interactions in the Sonic series. I personally quite liked Sonic's friendship with the likes of Chris and Elise, so I've never really seen it as a bad thing. Guess you could say it's because I used to have a huuuge crush on Sonic a few years back, so I looked up to the human characters and related to them xD