Awoo.

FANFICTION: Hugs on a Dime

\Lennox

It was the early afternoon, and Tails was napping the guest room of Sonic's summer home in Knothole. Sonic had just been making a tester chili dog using the recipe his uncle gave him. These chili dogs were needed for a concert just a few days from now, because it would be one of Mina's covert Freedom Fighter fundraising operations. They were the celebrated food of Freedom Fighters and their kin.

Meanwhile, Tails was dreaming deeply until something came at his mind.

~~~~

CHAPTER 1: Nightmares and a Pick-up Line

~~~~

It was the backstage of a concert hall, where everyone was just finishing up songstress of freedom's propaganda-concert with her pals, Sonic, Sally, a squirrel of the House of Acorn, Bunnie, a cyborg Southern rabbit, Rotor, a master mechanic seal and Antoine, Bunnie's fiancee and protector of the Council of Acorn.

"Say, Mina, how's about after that last song of yours, we do a little somthin' somthin?" Sonic said, giving his singer-friend Mina a look of implication and playfulness.

"Ooooh!" Everyone said, in a fluctuating tone. Bunnie and Antoine especially seemed to understand the subject. They were a couple, after all.

"Zut alor, whatevair happened to daun't meuve fast in zee relaytionsheep?" Antoine asked.

"Yeah, sugahog! Ain't naw need to speed everythang up!" Bunnie exclaimed. Sonic was capable of moving fast, after all. "Sally, aneh words?"

"No, it's fine with me. Hahah, can a royal get in on the action, mhmm?" Sally said, grossing Tails out even more. Even with an IQ rivalling that of his arch-nemesis, the fox was still a 8-year old child, and as an effect the child was grossed out by anything related to the word love.

"Maybe later, but I'm up for anything, you blur!" Mina said, with a tingle of mischief in her eyes. "People like you have the position of eternal groupie. Ash and I are, hmm, how do you put this, more professional now. Teehee!"

But the young, yellow-orange furred fox was watching this, everything for him went up in flames. He loved Mina. The voice was perfect for a freedom fighting purple-haired mongoose who wanted to assert her beliefs. His maturity can help mellow her down, as she was flighty and energetic as an Egg Pawn's fire. Especially after how he didn't really like her last boyfriend and manager, Ash, Tails felt he, and not even Sonic, his beloved big brother, can't take Mina away from him. Ash is a jerk. Sonic has another harem of his own. Leave them be, Tails thought.

"No, Sonic, don't!" Tails tried to speak, but Sonic wouldn't listen.

"Too late, Tails! I have my hands on your precious songstress." It's as if Dr. Eggman possessed Sonic and held Mina captive!

Turns out he was right. The fake blue hedgehog put his hands on his eyes, and revealed himself to be the Flicky capturing scientist who desires to rule the world!

"It's really him! The red suit, the googles over the glasses, the mustache, the leather pants, eugh! The egg-shaped figure, it's really him!" Tails was shocked to see his dream taken over by Eggman.

"G'bye, abominy!" Mina calling Tails an abomination made him recall all the times he was ostracized way back when. No surprise there, she was really an Egg Pawn in disguise.

But true enough, everyone called Tails a freak, strange or merely insulted him just because of his two tails back in his orphanage! His parents, well when they were still his parents and the Freedom Fighters as a whole were the only one who could accept and embrace those two tails not as an anomaly, but as a gift.

And then it came. When the doctor concluded researching on him. It was awful.

"You have Twin-tail Syndrome, which causes foxes in particular, to have a very high intelligence quotient as well as developing a second tail all the while slightly stunting social behavior." Dr. Eggman just had to say that.

"Just what I need for a new engineering expert! Someone peerlessly smart. Now to fire my Mind Control ray at you just like I did with your parents!"

Tails then woke up as soon as the purple beam was fired at him as if he were on Sweet Mountain all over again, when he was commanded by Eggman to attack his elder brother.

The same happened to his parents, and that's when he fled.

Thunder rolled. Feeling that insult was added to beams of mental injury, Tails became deathly scared. He knew only someone could resolve it.

And after all, going to Sonic was the one was the one solution.

~~~~

Comments, anyone?

Edited by Snivy

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• \Lennox

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic