Awoo.

The Sega MegaDrive Pasta Attachment

Badnik Mechanic

So I don't know how many people have seen this, but you know the Sonic Pasta that came out in the 90s? Well it had a TV Advert... and like most Sega adverts it's a bit strange.

Not only does the mother throw a tin of pasta at her sons head/the TV but the kid also has a rather interesting attachment on his MegaDrive that has never been released!

I for one will be asking Santa for a Sega Megadrive 32X CD Pasta 2 next year!

Edit: Why is he playing Mushroom hill... but Chemical plant zone music is playing? DO NOT UNDER-ESTIMATE THE POWER OF PASTA ATTACHMENT!

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 1

I loved Sonic Pasta. Now if only I had that attachment... I could try to see if other pastas will work.

I remember this commercial! I don't remember the '90s being so damn... Salad Fingers though.

My first Sonic fan instinct on seeing the canned goods attachment is to take S&K and eat Sonic the Hedgehog Pasta and Knuckles.

Jesus Christ... I remember this!

Mushroom Plant zone ftw.

Edited by Jayhawker30

Well, that was... er...

...hold on a second! Why is he wearing sunglasses to play indoors and watch a television screen?! :blink:

That's the biggest crime of this advert.

Why is he wearing sunglasses to play indoors and watch a television screen?! :blink:

Cause back in the 90's, looking like a cool rude dude with attitude was far more important than being able to see well. Cowabunga. B)

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't remember having to press that many buttons while playing Mushroom Hill... :P

That's just how actors/directors/motion picture peoples always portray people playing games. You could be playing Pokemon and they would still be button-mashing.

But as for the rest the commercial, I'm going to go with the general consensus that a can opener Genesis attachment would be awesome.

Food.

I remember this commercial too! I saved the label from the can of Sonic pasta I finished. Unfortunately that label got lost along with some of my other childhood Sonic items =(

I bet if the Dreamcast has the pasta adapter, it can survive all the way to the current gen and beyond!

That attachment... Maybe a proto 32X, just kidding... They just maked it fot that commercial. nothing else.

Well... duh? We know that. It's just funny.

I still dress like that guy >.< Living in the past...

Haha, I love it and that pasta. Ooooooh the days, how I miss them so. To be quite honest I'm sure there would be a pasta attachment for the Genesis due to it have so many bloody add-ons, the filthy whore.