Awoo.

Sonic Colors's Story: Your Opinion

Dark Qiviut

No it isn't. I honestly dislike Sonic in Colors. I felt in Colors, his cockiness was pumped up to the EXTREME. I always liked that Sonic never got too cocky, but he did show it like in the Adventure series. Although, I didn't like that he was too serious in 06 either. I like the fine line the middle the Adventure series gave him. The only other time he said "dude" was in Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally, I put this storyline together with the one in Unleashed, classifying them as "silly lighthearted", which makes them the worst stories in any mainstream Sonic game, save for Sonic Heroes which was "no-plot lighthearted". :P

They were basically trying to put in a story without putting it in (fearing that people would complain about there being too much storyline, -sigh- :rolleyes:), so we ended up with a number of uninteresting cutscenes that are all basically the same, either Sonic and Tails forcing some "humor", or Eggman doing some silly things Sonic X style.

I mean, I'm all for Sonic-Tails development and Eggman funnies, but you can't build an entire plot around those, or it becomes dull pretty quickly.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

Yeah, Shadow WAS popular, around Adventure 2. Why? Because Shadow served as an important part of the story. He was also freaking badass in that game, and as you would expect he became popular, so popular he was revived in Heroes even though he was planned to be killed off (Which is how it should've been). However, after Heroes, MOST people saw no need for him because lets face it, Shadow sucks as a stand alone character, plus his overall back story is just too conviluted for a kids game and so bland and generic. A lot of the people who still LOVED Shadow after Sonic Heroes were mostly kids from 5-10. The only reason why Shadow the Hedgehog was made was because of the amount of fan letters sent from kids who played too much Grand Theft Auto saying they wanted Sonic to have a gun. Sonic Team instead decided it was going to be Shadow since he's the "edgey" character. After that abomination Shadow the Hedgehog, MOST people were fed up with him. Then the barrage of characters wouldn't stop. Sure, you say people like the new characters, but how many people DO like the new characters? The only people I could think of were fans of the new games, fanfiction writers, and furries. Sure I might be generalizing a bit, but that's what I mostly see.

Edited by RidersDX
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Yeah, Shadow WAS popular, around Adventure 2. Why? Because Shadow served as an important part of the story. He was also freaking badass in that game, and as you would expect he became popular, so popular he was revived in Heroes even though he was planned to be killed off (Which is how it should've been).

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 1

The cost of developers not knowing how to do a good job in making both decent gameplay and a decent plot.

Wait, who the hell is this "NOBODY" you're talking about? Are you sure you not just shouting bullshit, because I'm sure that's false. Not to mention you completely contradict yourself when you admit it (or at the very least acknowledge it) right here in your counterpoint:

Of which you completely fail to realize that the reason they hate it is because the people in charge didn't know how to make a decent story since SA2.

And in that regard, I'll counter your counter and say that children actually LOVE the stories in, and they far outnumber the fanbase and gamers in general and make up the most of the series sales and are anything but irrelevant in regard to this argument. But where does that honestly get us?

Unleashed? Really?

Because there are many people who will disagree with you to the point they think you're stretching the truth. If anything you forgot to mention Heroes, which was not only flat out BAD like Shadow and 06, but was so paper thin that they completely failed at making a simple plot.

No, they haven't evolved at all. But I will say that certain parts of the fanbase are doing nothing but showing the worse side of them as far as logic is concerned.

There's also Music and Graphics that Sonic just so happens to stand out.

So what you're saying is that because these aren't fast, fun, reing collecting, robot destroying gameplay that these aren't the things Sonic should stand out in? Gameplay is important, but you're a fool to believe that Sonic shouldn't be allowed to have a story to stand out along side his gameplay.

No, they loved it because it was well written which is what those of us who wanted stories to have in Sonic games. You're completely pulling that claim out of your ass.

Because if it IS good, it is also entertaining, which is the whole freaking point when it comes to videogames while giving you complete command of the main character in the game itself.

So exactly what the hell is wrong with having both a great plot and great gameplay? A lot of us just so happen to want both.

Actually, they play Sonic games for whatever character happens to be their favorite, that's who. And it's not limited to just Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles and you are either being ignorant or foolish to for saying otherwise.

Those aren't a bad thing if done right. Thing is, many of us know they haven't been doing a decent job at pulling it off (and the gameplay, especially in games like Heroes where the plot was paper thin and the gameplay was average at best).

Despite that, we want them to be good, and just because there are a few bad plots is not convincing evidence that Sonic cannot have a larger plot for the rest of his life.

Or try to do a great job at doing both, while gameplay makes the primary selling point. Did that option ever occur to you?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 2

I really do prefer the 3D Sonic gameplay that lets you explore your area, the one that doesn't feel like a Mario rip-off that pales in comparison.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since was platforming copyrighted to Mario alone? Also, the only game that encouraged exploration was 06. Adventure had good level design, but the camera went batshit insane whenever you went off the main path. Adventure 2 was like Unleashed in a lot of ways, but was slower, had twitchier controls, . I played a lot of the Sonic levels just a few hours ago and it didn't really feel like much of a platformer. It was fun, yes, but SA2 gets far too much credit.

• Thumbs Up 1

2. By NOBODY I mean most people, why do you take me so literally?

• Thumbs Up 2

While I don't play Mario much, I don't really see that much similarity. It could just be fuzzy memory, but it doesn't make Colors any less fun for me anyway. d:

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I would take a boring Sonic over the annoying, arrogant, cocky, talking to robots hedgehog anyday. Honestly, there were times when I just couldn't believe what I was watching. I for one do not agree more personality means better personality 100% of the time. Sonic just comes off as annoying and some guy who thinks he's a big shot. Well, he is I guess, but I just can't connect to that. I hate people that are like that in all honesty.

• Thumbs Up 1

He was just as cocky and arrogant in Unleashed and Black Knight, as he was in Colors the difference is that he was being cocky with his actions rather than his words.

In Unleashed he:

1. Assaults Eggman's base, and doesn't go Super until he's in danger, instead he waste time with that smirk, that's pretty arrogant(I still love it though)

2. Some of his boss banter reeks of arrogance as well, "Same as ever all bark and no bite", "I know little girls who are better with a hammer than you"

His cockiness in Unleashed is just balanced out by his more caring side when it came to Chip, and in Colors he clearly shows signs of selflessness, when he protects Tails throughout the entire game, and when he gave up his one ride out for his sake.

In Black Knight he:

1. Compares King Arthur`s reign as "Just like Halloween" which is him not taking it seriously

2. Constantly insults Caliburn(Sure he deserved it, but still).

Seriously, Sonic knows he's good, and he'll take any opportunity to boast about it, he's ALWAYS been like this, in Colors its just a lot more apparent. So why is it a problem now? Oh because he's talking smack to someone who's ass he's been kicking for years, please.

Don't like the Unleashed or Colors plot all you want, but calling them the worst plots due to being too silly is completely stupid.

The plot of Unleashed is actually very good and very well-written for what it had. A lot of elements in that game were silly, but compared to Colors, it felt natural and fit. The humor between Eggman and Orbot reminded me of the conversations between them and Cubot in Colors because it was funny and very kid-friendly while simultaneously not patronizing. There was a whole lot of wit that made Eggman the great comical villain he really is, but also menacing and intelligent with a lot of character development. Colors still features this intelligence in their cutscenes.

Compared to Colors, Sonic's lines were actually GOOD and IN CHARACTER. Unleashed!Sonic still retained this sense of justice, and he was still quite confident in himself. Even to the point where he said, "Pretty cool, huh?" with a proud pose. The lines didn't feel forced; whenever he did or said something funny, ninety-nine percent of the time it didn't feel forced nor out of character. Sonic's flanderization was a big problem here, and that affected a bit in his relationship with Tails (who was good. Not great, but good enough to make me think that was Tails talking instead of an impostor).

Colors's plot was great in concept. So much to do here. The drawback here was that the writers didn't take full advantage of it. It was very bare. One thing that made the Sonic series stand out was that story and characterization were equally important. Even when the gameplay was dominant, the story factor was there. For example, Shadow the Hedgehog. Now, that plot wasn't all that great; it was marginal, but not completely awful, and Shadow's characterization was actually quite decent (yes, there ARE lines that made me laugh because they were horrible: "Where's that DAMN fourth Chaos Emerald!?" comes to mind). The GUN Commander, Maria, and Gerald were the best written in the cast. But it was forgettable, and the rest of the anthropomorphic characters didn't have good lines. Going back to the subject, Shadow had a plot, but it wasn't as dominant as SA1 or SA2.

Getting back to Unleashed, it was silly, but it was also rather deep. The way you presented seemed like to have a good story, you need a balance of lighheartedness and seriousness. If that's what you're thinking, you're completely fooling yourself. A serious plot can be as flat as a board, while a crazy, cartoony one can be rich. The same can be said with the balance of seriousness and slapstick comedy. You can have both serious and comedic elements in one plot, but if there's no three-dimensionality in the characters and plot progression, then this balance can be executed just as horribly as one that's one-sided. Unleashed's story is much richer than what you make it out to be. It was greatly characterized and better develope character-wise, especially on Sonic's and Chip's behalf. Chip, by the way, is a MUCH better character than what many people here make him out to be. While Sonic and Tails had as much good chemistry in Colors as Sonic and Chip's in Unleashed, quality-wise, Sonic and Chip's bond was much better written and far better executed.

Colors, on the other hand, had nearly no character development, and when there was the chance to add that, it was tossed out. The only exceptions on the heroes' behalf were Sonic's concern when Tails got brainwashed and when he shoved Tails in the elevator. It was as silly as Unleashed's, but it was bare and flat as a board. CUBOT had more development, and he was a tertiary character.

As I said before, a light plot can be deep and well-written, but a dark plot and one with equal dark and light parts can be shallow and fall flat on its face. Just execute them well enough to be convincing. Unleashed was as light as Colors Wii and had really good writing. It was deep, had great lines, and was well-characterized. Colors had really good lines, too; unfortunately, Eggman, Orbot, and Cubot had almost all of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uhm, first of all, I read your OP and I practically agree with everything you said in it, as I do with most of what you said up here, which makes me wonder why it's supposed to be a counter to my arguments. :unsure:

So yea, this is more a clarification of what I said than a counter to what you replied. :P

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Thumbs Up 2

No you see, the difference in Colors is that it's exaggerated to unnecessary levels. I think it got so annoying because that was all the freakin' story was. There was nothing else to pay attention to, it just felt like a story of endless scenes showing Sonic's cocky attitude. I think things like talking to a dead robot, turning around and um, slapping his butt? Idk. It was just exaggerated into something more goofy and childish. It's a game aimed at kids though so eh, I guess I should've expected it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok but in Colors and Black Knight there were times for him to get serious, in Colors he's just fighting Eggman, whom he never takes seriously at all. Honesly if Black Knight and Unleashed had as little as Colors did, he'd be the same.

No he wouldn't, these writers are different from the people that usually write the Sonic games. I personally think it'd be more bearable because those games weren't aimed at kids, they were aimed at Sonic fans in general.

And I will gladly welcome back the Mascot with Attitude(Remember? Sonic's gimmick), over the Bland as hell hero we got in Heroes-06, in Unleashed he didn't talk as much, so it kinda felt weird to me that he didn't talk much, and Sonic supposed to be the anti-Mario

You see, I never said I liked the Sonic in those games. I was talking about the Sonic in the Adventure games. Heroes, Sonic had too many cheesy lines, Shadow, eh, I can barely remember what he said in that game, and I did say Sonic was too serious in 06.

Mario's Red, Sonic's blue

Mario's slow(At least when compared to Sonic), Sonic's fast.

Mario's mute, Sonic talks a lot.

What is the point of this?

He's always been a cocky, arrogant, person like I said because of the lack of story in Colors, its just played up a lot more. And think about it, if Sonic didn't talk as much as he did in Colors the story would be even MORE boring than it was. Honeslty the only problem I had with Colors Sonic were hilariously bad jokes(Whom were aimed at kids mind you), give him better jokes in the next game, and he can be as arrogant as he wants.

Sonic's horrible jokes isn't just the only part of the story I don't like, it's many things. So yes, it would've still been bad without Sonic's jokes, yes it would've been more boring. Which is why they should've written a better story in my opinion since there are cutscenes that are supposed to contribute to the story in them. The reason that Mario games work without stories is because there are no forced cutscenes to force a story on the game.

Seriously nobody cits Spidey for this, and he does it all the time.

I'm not particularly a big fan of spidey though am I?

You see, I am not saying to get rid of Sonic's cocky attitude, because I agree it IS a part of him. But tone it down, because it was far more annoying then it usually was in Colors. You know, I actually feel Sonic had the perfect amount of cockiness in Unleashed. I LOVE Unleashed's story, it's light-hearted yet serious at the same time. While it isn't my favorite, I think it's the way to go if they want light-heartedness in the stories.

You're wrong either way you mean it, and the reason I take you so literally is because I don't appreciate someone trying to skew the actual details just to make a point.

No one's denying that, but to say that because they're drawn out is the problem as opposed actually being, ya know, GOOD in the first place is completely missing the point.

Good for them.

Oh yes it was, at least in comparison to ShTH. And I never said being paper thin excludes it from being a plot, I said it showed at the time how they completely failed at pulling off a simple plot.

But that's not the reason why they were bad.

I know you didn't. I'm saying that just because Sonic is about his gameplay doesn't disallow him from attempting drawn out plots. The plots need to be GOOD, regardless of how simple or drawn out they are.

And why the hell shouldn't it be something unique? And why should we need simple one? See, I could very well turn this around and question what your saying right here. But that's not how to go about it.

If Sonic can support it, why should the argument be whether or not we "need" one? If he can do it, he should be all up for it, no questions asked. The only thing that should bring up any concern is how well they did the plot.

It wasn't because they didn't try hard. Quite frankly, if someone is trying hard to do something and it isn't natural as far as how the plot carries itself, they're a bad writer.

You don't want them because they're too big, or because they're not good? The two aren't the same, and if the story is GIANT but good and you get a large amount of gameplay to go with it and keep you occupied, that sounds like a plus unless you can explain to me where the flaw is.

Yeah, and it was much smaller than what we usually get. That's not exactly a fault than it is a personal interest.

But what exactly is the problem of them doing more than what colors did and doing a good job at it?

THERE IS NO "MOST" PEOPLE!

You don't speak for "most" people, no one does. So stop pulling this out of your ass like you do.

So because of that, that automatically disqualifies it from decently pulling off a more drawn out plot no matter how it tries to do it?

Well I most certainly do, and I know that there is a way to do so. My only concern is how the developers plan to go about it since they're the ones in full control, and I can only hope at best they do a decent job at attempting such a thing.

Well it seems you're under the impression that I think that just because a Sonic story is big, it's bad. I'm not saying that, I'm just saying it's a bit unneccessary. Now I will blame you getting that impression on my failiure to elaborate more.

Edited by FranticDarkness
  • Thumbs Up 1

No he wouldn't, these writers are different from the people that usually write the Sonic games. I personally think it'd be more bearable because those games weren't aimed at kids, they were aimed at Sonic fans in general.

You see, I never said I liked the Sonic in those games. I was talking about the Sonic in the Adventure games. Heroes, Sonic had too many cheesy lines, Shadow, eh, I can barely remember what he said in that game, and I did say Sonic was too serious in 06.

What is the point of this?

Sonic's horrible jokes isn't just the only part of the story I don't like, it's many things. So yes, it would've still been bad without Sonic's jokes, yes it would've been more boring. Which is why they should've written a better story in my opinion since there are cutscenes that are supposed to contribute to the story in them. The reason that Mario games work without stories is because there are no forced cutscenes to force a story on the game.

I'm not particularly a big fan of spidey though am I?

You see, I am not saying to get rid of Sonic's cocky attitude, because I agree it IS a part of him. But tone it down, because it was far more annoying then it usually was in Colors. You know, I actually feel Sonic had the perfect amount of cockiness in Unleashed. I LOVE Unleashed's story, it's light-hearted yet serious at the same time. While it isn't my favorite, I think it's the way to go if they want light-heartedness in the stories.

Unleashed was just as much for kids as Colors was, it just didn't have the epicness.

And in any case, yeah Sonic was a little overly talkative, but this game wins for Sonic's character because of his big brother instinct towards Tails, and how he protects him throughout the entire game, and thats why Sonic is at his character peak in Colors.

Unleashed was just as much for kids as Colors was, it just didn't have the epicness.

And in any case, yeah Sonic was a little overly talkative, but this game wins for Sonic's character because of his big brother instinct towards Tails, and how he protects him throughout the entire game, and thats why Sonic is at his character peak in Colors.

Unleashed didn't have jokes clogging up its story. It was much lighter on the childish jokes really, and focused was a little more towards the epicness in my opinion. Especially when you get to the end.

I did enjoy how Sonic protects Tails, but tbh, it doesn't change the fact that there was also bad stuff about Sonic's character. So while there are some high points to Sonic's character, there are also some low points. Really, in previous Sonic games, I never was this critical about his character.

Unleashed didn't have jokes clogging up its story. It was much lighter on the childish jokes really, and focused was a little more towards the epicness in my opinion. Especially when you get to the end.

I did enjoy how Sonic protects Tails, but tbh, it doesn't change the fact that there was also bad stuff about Sonic's character. So while there are some high points to Sonic's character, there are also some low points. Really, in previous Sonic games, I never was this critical about his character.

Definitely correct here. My major problem with Colors!Sonic was how UNLIKEABLE he became. He went out of his way to crack lame jokes here and there, even to the point where his ego literally went into his head. That crap there is NOT what Sonic actually does. He may mock them here and there, but Sonic from the previous games knows when to not cross the line. Pre-Colors!Sonic actually showed a decent amount of respect towards his enemies and rivals. Sonic completely disregarded Eggman here in Colors Wii to the point of arrogantly bashing his machines as stupid. It's as if Sonic half-stole Eggman's ego. Even in Unleashed he didn't do this. The closest he came was when he told him that if he didn't try to kill him, "he wouldn't have to break all of his toys." But that's as far as Sonic would actually go. Colors!Sonic really came off as a major jackass. Colors!Sonic was HORRIBLY written and was the most atrociously characterized I've seen throughout the game series. The Sonic from NEXT GEN had better writing and was more in character than the one in Colors. Edited by Dark Qiviut

Well it seems you're under the impression that I think that just because a Sonic story is big, it's bad. I'm not saying that, I'm just saying it's a bit unneccessary. Now I will blame you getting that impression on my failiure to elaborate more.

Well now that we have one thing settled, the other thing is how people fall back on the excuse of something being unnecessary as the reason we shouldn't do it.

There are plenty of things that are unnecessary and have been so since the earliest days of the series and even at other points. In no particular order:

• the Spin Dash was unnecessary
  • Tails was unnecessary
  • Knuckles was unnecessary
  • Super Sonic was unnecessary
  • Adding a seventh Chaos Emerald was unnecessary
  • Shadow was unnecessary
  • Silver was unnecessary
  • Metal Sonic was unnecessary
  • Amy was unnecessary
  • the Past and Future gimmick in Sonic CD was unnecessary
  • The Chaotix was unnecessary
  • The Wisps were unnecessary
  • Chaos was unnecessary
  • the team mechanic in Heroes was unnecessary
  • Metal Sonic's return in Heroes was unnecessary
  • etc

And yet we got all of that anyway, how ever much you may question the quality of these things.

You may not mean what I think, but this is just to make a point. Something that is unnecessary is not a reason we shouldn't have it.

Definitely correct here. My major problem with Colors!Sonic was how UNLIKEABLE he became. He went out of his way to crack lame jokes here and there, even to the point where his ego literally went into his head. That crap there is NOT what Sonic actually does. He may mock them here and there, but Sonic from the previous games knows when to not cross the line. Pre-Colors!Sonic actually showed a decent amount of respect towards his enemies and rivals. Sonic completely disregarded Eggman here in Colors Wii to the point of arrogantly bashing his machines as stupid. It's as if Sonic half-stole Eggman's ego. Even in Unleashed he didn't do this. The closest he came was when he told him that if he didn't try to kill him, "he wouldn't have to break all of his toys." But that's as far as Sonic would actually go. Colors!Sonic really came off as a major jackass. Colors!Sonic was HORRIBLY written and was the most atrociously characterized I've seen throughout the game series. The Sonic from NEXT GEN had better writing and was more in character than the one in Colors.

Now I'm gonna let my inner ten year old speak for a second.

I love Sonic's character in the previous games because he seemed like this cool laid back guy that was totally awesome and nice to everyone. He seemed like the kind of guy that didn't let his success get to his head. I like characters that don't have a gigantic ego, it's easier to connect to them. That's why I gotta say, I love Silver. He's heroic, but he doesn't have an ego at all, he's actually very sensitive and shows that he's afraid when he is. Sonic in Colors meanwhile, has an inflated ego that just kind of disgusts me actually. This hero I actually look up to as a kid has turned into some jerk that feels like he's on the top of the world. That is not, what I feel Sonic's character should be.

And I actually did look up to Sonic when I was a kid. I use to run to my classes with my arms in a position just like his in Sonic Adventure DX. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

Definitely correct here. My major problem with Colors!Sonic was how UNLIKEABLE he became. He went out of his way to crack lame jokes here and there, even to the point where his ego literally went into his head. That crap there is NOT what Sonic actually does. He may mock them here and there, but Sonic from the previous games knows when to not cross the line. Pre-Colors!Sonic actually showed a decent amount of respect towards his enemies and rivals. Sonic completely disregarded Eggman here in Colors Wii to the point of arrogantly bashing his machines as stupid. It's as if Sonic half-stole Eggman's ego. Even in Unleashed he didn't do this. The closest he came was when he told him that if he didn't try to kill him, "he wouldn't have to break all of his toys." But that's as far as Sonic would actually go. Colors!Sonic really came off as a major jackass. Colors!Sonic was HORRIBLY written and was the most atrociously characterized I've seen throughout the game series. The Sonic from NEXT GEN had better writing and was more in character than the one in Colors.

You do realize that he gave Eggman quite a few times to give up in those cutscenes right?

And Next Gen Sonic, having more character than Colors Sonic? HELL NAW. Ok I'll admit his cockiness was really flanderized but to say that the overly bland, awkward princess kissing, weak ass(Getting his ass constantly handed to him by Silver), Sonic from 06 is better than cocky Sonic is going too far.

Sonic NEVER showed Eggman any respect, hell Sonic's the reason Eggman has his nickname. And its not like he's not modest, he gave props to both Tails, and Yacker for saving his ass in end, and Tails even calls him out on his weird behavior of talking to robots, the reason Sonic may seem so different is just that they went OVERBOARD with his cockiness, but he's still laid-back, modest, and the big brother Tails looked up too.

• Thumbs Up 2

Definitely correct here. My major problem with Colors!Sonic was how UNLIKEABLE he became.
Well then I guess my major problem with this complaint is that I never found Sonic to be unlikable in Colors. Hell, the guy's got more personality than he's had in a long time.

He went out of his way to crack lame jokes here and there, even to the point where his ego literally went into his head. That crap there is NOT what Sonic actually does.
And yet an alternate version of him would constantly call Robotnik "Robuttnik". Granted I'm not too fond of that version of Sonic, but making lame jokes is certainly not outside of reason.

Edit: Also I would appreciate if you would point out where Sonic's ego literally penetrated his head. Is it like a sperm entering an egg or what.

He may mock them here and there, but Sonic from the previous games knows when to not cross the line.
At what point did he cross the line? When he made the lame joke, or the other lame joke? Seriously man all he did was crack a few jokes; you're acting like he raped a baby or some shit.

Sonic completely disregarded Eggman here in Colors Wii to the point of arrogantly bashing his machines as stupid.
If you can't call a goddamn ferris-wheel robot stupid, what can you call stupid?

Colors!Sonic really came off as a major jackass. Colors!Sonic was HORRIBLY written and was the most atrociously characterized I've seen throughout the game series. The Sonic from NEXT GEN had better writing and was more in character than the one in Colors.
Seriously? Because...he told some dumb jokes and got a little cocky? That makes him worse-than-'06? It's like you want Sonic to have the blandest, dullest, most white-bread personality possible. He's a cocky and adventurous hero, not a little girl having a tea party.

Sonic NEVER showed Eggman any respect,
Also wrong. Edited by Diogenes
  • Thumbs Up 8

Ok maybe respect was the wrong word, but you can clearly tell in all of his adventures Sonic never really took Eggman that seriously, at least when compared to the likes of Chaos, Solaris, and Dark Gaia.