Awoo.

Playable female characters in the Sonic games

Blazey Firekitty

I did say Shade might have her fans, I've just never seen them, even generally hated characters like Big have a somewhat feasable fanbase, I've never seen that for Shade, if you can change my mind then by all means.

To be fair, Shade is a much newer character than Big, only having been around for two or three years, so she may just need more time to gather the kind of cult following that our fishing feline friend has.

Admittedly, Amy's characterisation has gone to the dogs a bit lately, but then the same can be said of a lot of characters. If you think about it, the only times Amy was ever really given a proper role in a plot were the Adventure games. In fact, the fact you've only played Sonic's story in Adventure probably accounts for a fair bit for your dislike of Amy and Big somewhat, since SA1 is definitely the game where both of them get the most characterisation.

I just watched the story mode for Free Riders and yeah, what the hell did they do to Rouge? For the most part she's the way she's always been, but not caring about the robot was very out of character. She still cared about Shadow and Omega even though they were both artificial and she thought Shadow was a clone at first.

• Thumbs Up 1

Amy: Tone down the fan-girlism and make her more independent and she'll at least be a better char than recently. Also, change the VA would definitely be another benefit for her char since she sounds like a nagging Minnie Mouse. I really liked her char in the SA games since she, at least, manages to show kindness to others and prevents unnecessary violence and making friends esp. with preventing Sonic destroying E-123 and convincing Shadow to not try to destroy the world. I do hope that kind of characteristic actually returns or shown more often in the series than the fan-girlism. Sadly, I think the creation of Cream and her being Amy's unnecessary sidekick took that away trait away from her. Speaking of which....

Cream: She is probably one of the most useless and flat and uninteresting chars I've ever seen in the series. The only reason why she was created for making a female Tails or another child that has the ability to fly like him which is probably the only thing going for her, and probably created for some of the pedos out there. Also, she is hardly ever used in the series anymore and just appear in some of the spinoff games so I don't understand what is the point of keeping her. Another thing is that she doesn't seem to fit in the franchise because of how she is mostly a pacifist, not going into the action and acts like the morale/cheerleader for the Sonic and co which makes her pretty much a very boring and lame char. I really hope she is scrapped in the near future along with Vanilla, who is pretty much the only parent we've seen in the series, and provides a backstory for Cream but still don't care about her either.

Rouge: Eh, I don't mind her, and probably created for the blatant furrydom and fan service. She is pretty intesresting. Though she isn't much of a thief she used to be and more or less, a partner or love interest for Shadow and follower of GUN now. Though I wouldn't care if she is scrapped with Cream.

Blaze: She is interesting and I think she is an okay char who is noble to her duties. Even though I haven't played her or know much about her, she has traits similar to Knuckles and Shadow but even more so.

Tikal and Shade: Tikal pretty much served her purpose in SA1 so I don't see the need of bringing her back again and Shade who I don't know much pretty much served her purpose in Chronicles and a sequel isn't likely so she doesn't need to come back.

Wave: Meh. Never played any of the Riders series and probably never will.

As for female chars in general, I don't really mind them. Though I prefer ones with good char development and traits and not just shoehorned in games for fan-service.

Actually Shade does have a fanbase. I see plenty of fanart of her on deviantart.

Edited by DragonSoul

I just watched the story mode for Free Riders and yeah, what the hell did they do to Rouge? For the most part she's the way she's always been, but not caring about the robot was very out of character. She still cared about Shadow and Omega even though they were both artificial and she thought Shadow was a clone at first.

When a character has several fanclubs on Deviantart I think that it's safe to say that character has a fan base.

Edited by Shadic93

He said not a BIG fanbase, every character has fans. But when compared to the likes of Amy, Rouge, or Blaze, Shade is small by comparison.

It seems like only yesterday that i would respond in topics like this with something along the lines of "all the female Sonic characters sucks...even if some of them are kinda hawt". But then in 2005, along came Blaze and changed all that. So now we have at least one female character in the series that is interesting for reasons beyond boobies and panty shots! :)

It seems like only yesterday that i would respond in topics like this with something along the lines of "all the female Sonic characters sucks...even if some of them are kinda hawt". But then in 2005, along came Blaze and changed all that. So now we have at least one female character in the series that is interesting for reasons beyond boobies and panty shots! :)

Ok the boobs I can see clearly being Rouge, but what games do you be playing with Panty shots?

May as well continue a question from another topic, how can Cream be playable, when she really has no moves that stick out for her. Amy has her Hammer, Rouge has her kicks, Blaze has fire Cream has...........Cheese?

May as well continue a question from another topic, how can Cream be playable, when she really has no moves that stick out for her. Amy has her Hammer, Rouge has her kicks, Blaze has fire Cream has...........Cheese?

The easiest way to expand her moveset would probably be to give the ability to damage enemies with attacks that involve her ears. Then again, that could cause more problems since it would technically make her more like Tails than she already is...unless something creative were done with the new offensive abilities.

Then again, perhaps she could wield a simple weapon of sorts. If she's meant to be Amy's sidekick(Of sorts), maybe she could have a melee item to match her partner.

She did have a parasol move in Sonic Advance 3, so maybe that, I could see it happening.

Ok the boobs I can see clearly being Rouge, but what games do you be playing with Panty shots?