Awoo.

Stepford Smiler Tails?

Blazey Firekitty

As someone who is both aware of pairings in general and the craziness of Sonic pairings, nothing surprises me anymore. Nothing.

In fact, you might say I've said "F*** it" myself and joined them, but thankfully, unlike so many of them, I happen to wield various Caps; the Cap of Canon Understanding, the Cap of Realistic Expectations, and the Cap of Not Showing S*** to Anyone.

Anyways, back to Tails. Yeah. Tails. No secret resentment here.

Anyways, back to Tails. Yeah. Tails. No secret resentment here.

I suppose the only way to argue for Tails harboring any sort of secret resentment at this point would be to assume he'd been replaced by Bizarro Tails of the Ninth Dimension. XD

Good ;_; Why would you secretly resent Tails? ... Oh. He has no secret resentment. Okay. I think that's pretty much a unanimous conclusion (although it's interesting to see the slight [and not so slight] differences in the way his character is handled in different/non-game canons with regards to at least temporary resentment.)

...Yeah, I meant Tails himself lacking resentment. Why would I? He's my second favourite character! I could never hate him!

Those caps would have been handy in Super Mario 64. XD

The very caps, funnily enough.

Only the Cap of Canon Understanding makes you scratch your head continuously, the Cap of Realistic Expectations makes you a freak by the word of law, and the Cap of Not Showing S*** to Anyone simply makes you a sad, bitter, lonely person.

Apart from that, Super Crusher 64 is relatively lighthearted.

• Thumbs Up 1

The very caps, funnily enough.

Only the Cap of Canon Understanding makes you scratch your head continuously, the Cap of Realistic Expectations makes you a freak by the word of law, and the Cap of Not Showing S*** to Anyone simply makes you a sad, bitter, lonely person.

Apart from that, Super Crusher 64 is relatively lighthearted.

I got such a smile out of this. Bravo, I say. :D

...Yeah, I meant Tails himself lacking resentment. Why would I? He's my second favourite character! I could never hate him!

I know. I was being facetious due to lack of being able to think of anything actually witty or clever to say XD; It's hard to keep a topic going when a universal answer seems to have (so swiftly) been arrived at. Although it sure is heartening to see everyone agreeing so solidly on something for once! =O

I know. I was being facetious due to lack of being able to think of anything actually witty or clever to say XD; It's hard to keep a topic going when a universal answer seems to have (so swiftly) been arrived at. Although it sure is heartening to see everyone agreeing so solidly on something for once! =O

But if we all agree on something, the fandom will fall apart! :lol:

I kid. XD

But if we all agree on something, the fandom will fall apart! :lol:

I kid. XD

Quick! Use the Power Rant! It's the only device capable of restoring balance to the limitless energy of the fabled Fanbase Observatory!

Quick! Use the Power Rant! It's the only device capable of restoring balance to the limitless energy of the fabled Fanbase Observatory!

Is it sad that I could actually see Omochao saying this in a game? XD

Or maybe even Tails himself, with the handy dandy Miles Electric Tablet. ;)

Is it sad that I could actually see Omochao saying this in a game? XD

Or maybe even Tails himself, with the handy dandy Miles Electric Tablet. ;)

Nah, "You got the Power Rant!" doesn't sound as cool as "POWER RANT GET."

Nah, "You got the Power Rant!" doesn't sound as cool as "POWER RANT GET."

Engrish can be really fun, I'll admit. :D

Engrish can be really fun, I'll admit. :D

Especially when they involve fury and chortles.

Especially when they involve fury and chortles.

Such enthusiasm is the icing on the cake. :)

Ask Sonic Team.

"Mr. Iizuka, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a twin tailed fox?"

"Mr. Iizuka, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a twin tailed fox?"

I think this is an "I NEED AN ADULT!" moment >_> Would you like to take a seat?

Curses! Foiled again by Chris Hanson and the long arm of the law!

Maybe that's where the rumors of Tails' so-called resentment sprung from...

Tails: "I need an adult."

Shadow: "I am an adult."

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 1

Actually, I'm pretty sure he'd hate that XD Sonic gets annoyed enough with Amy, and he LOVES attention. Tails doesn't really like too much attention on him and I'm sure he'd get pretty freaked if he had a fangirl =P

Hey, it's one step closer to being like Sonic. Also Tails has hinted many times he wants someone. Crazed Amy like gal or not, it's recognition. Eh, you're probably right anyway though! :P

What about a fan boy? ;)

*imagines Ray the Squirrel chasing Tails across creation and trying to hug him*

Thank you! Because I'm sure we all needed to picture Ray in an Amy dress! =P (props if you imagined him in a Sonic CD style Amy dress)

Edited by dirupti

Is Tails angsty? Well, Tails is fat. So who knows, maybe he's a little bit angsty over that.

But angsty over being in Sonics shadow? Nah. I'm sure it's nice and cool for him there. Which is a metaphorical way of saying that Tails is probably completely comfortable with his lot in life, i certainly haven't seen any indications of otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 1

But angsty over being in Sonics shadow? Nah. I'm sure it's nice and cool for him there.

That's actually a very good point. Not only does Tails not feel resentful of all the attention and glory Sonic gets, he's probably grateful for it. While Tails understandably might be a bit peeved if he did all the work and Sonic got all the credit, for the most part Tails just seems to be happy that he was able to help. He's shown that crowds and too much focussed attention overwhelms him, and that he's not too fond of more than brief moments of fame. He likes to get recognition for his actions, but he doesn't need a fanfare and a parade. If he and Sonic are, for example, up on a stage with their friends and Sonic is getting a medal and praise for saving the day, Tails seems perfectly content just to be on that stage in the back knowing he and his friends were part of it. If anything, Sonic's fame and celebrity status work very well for him. He gets to take part in amazing adventures and do incredible things without the pressure of being constantly fanboy/girled over or having to deal with too much intense attention. And when he does get a little attention, he can enjoy it and feel really proud and happy about it, so it's always special and not an everyday glare to give him a headache =P

That's actually a very good point. Not only does Tails not feel resentful of all the attention and glory Sonic gets, he's probably grateful for it. While Tails understandably might be a bit peeved if he did all the work and Sonic got all the credit, for the most part Tails just seems to be happy that he was able to help. He's shown that crowds and too much focussed attention overwhelms him, and that he's not too fond of more than brief moments of fame. He likes to get recognition for his actions, but he doesn't need a fanfare and a parade. If he and Sonic are, for example, up on a stage with their friends and Sonic is getting a medal and praise for saving the day, Tails seems perfectly content just to be on that stage in the back knowing he and his friends were part of it. If anything, Sonic's fame and celebrity status work very well for him. He gets to take part in amazing adventures and do incredible things without the pressure of being constantly fanboy/girled over or having to deal with too much intense attention. And when he does get a little attention, he can enjoy it and feel really proud and happy about it, so it's always special and not an everyday glare to give him a headache =P

Thank you! Because I'm sure we all needed to picture Ray in an Amy dress! =P (props if you imagined him in a Sonic CD style Amy dress)

So that's why we never saw Ray again...he's still searching for the perfect orange tutu. :lol:

That's why Amy hasn't gotten a big role either lately. The dress is being shared. (and quite frankly Amy would rather not go on camera without it)

Back to Tails though. Not smiling to hide anger. Smiling to hide laughter at the thought of Ray in a dress. =P

But Flyboy, you're my emergency adult. You can't be scared or feel awkward! Who will I look up to.

Yeah I can't see Tails holding resentment at Game Sonic. Archie Sonic is like a slut and he's all dickish constantly, I'd get pissed too. Vidjeo Gaem Sonic? Nah.

I mean I'm pretty sure when you dream about the time you met someone when you're knocked unconscious after failing out of an airplane that was also crashing, it's a pretty big sign you don't hate them.

• Bad Quality Post 1