Awoo.

Tails the gender confused?

Vulpine

I know that Tails is officially a male character, but come on. I do remember seeing rumors (most likely false information) on the Internet claiming that Tails was originally supposed to be a girl at first but they somehow changed it. In the Spanish dub of some of the TV shows (i.e. Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog), Colitas (Tails) was referred to as ella (she), and she called herself zorra (vixen). This comes from many things, such as that the Spanish language has masculine and feminine words, and cola, the word for tail, is feminine, that Sonic the Hedgehog 2 pre-development, and the fact Tails seems to have a big friendship with Sonic. If this was true, this would also help explain the reason why Tails does hang around with Sonic. However, his real name, Miles, is not a female name, so technically, the theory only evolves in fanfiction, where the "Tails is a girl" is popular, along with the Sonic/Tails couple theory. While I would've liked to see Tails as a female character, I still accept him as who he is.

Edited by Vulpine

Um... okay? What's your point here? It was an error in translation for AoSTH and everything else is idiocy/rumours/incorrect information. Tails is boy. Always has been, always will be.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Tails is a BOY.

End of.

Also, gender has no bearing on the extent of friendship between two people.

• Thumbs Up 5

If this was true, this would also help explain the reason why Tails does hang around with Sonic.
Yeah, because being friends and idolizing him isn't enough reason.

The whole thing is silly.

What's your point here? It was an error in translation for AoSTH and everything is idicocy/rumours/incorrect information

I know that, and I'm sorry for bringing up this topic in the first place.

I'm honestly more amused that game sprite that inspired Sally Acorn was male character in Japan. It's Birdo-tacular.

I'm honestly more amused that game sprite that inspired Sally Acorn was male character in Japan. It's Birdo-tacular.

You mean Ricky? It is possible that he was the inspiration for Sally Acorn from Sonic SatAM and the Sonic comics, except that Sally is female, so there might be a small difference.

You mean Ricky? It is possible that he was the inspiration for Sally Acorn from Sonic SatAM and the Sonic comics, except that Sally is female, so there might be a small difference.

Yup, Ricky the Squirrel.

The name "Sally Acorn" actually originates from an unused Sega of America story bible that gave the small animals in the games different names than the ones Sega of Japan came up with. So, basically the West wanted a girl, while Japan wanted a boy. All part of the strange localization process that the Sonic franchise was going through in its early days.

If this was true, this would also help explain the reason why Tails does hang around with Sonic.

Because guys don't hang around with each oth- ...Oh penis, Diogenes already beat me to the snarky comment.

I'm gonna lock this, because there's absolutely zilch to discuss here. Tails has always been a girl, everyone knows this.

• Thumbs Up 2