Awoo.

ARTWORK: YoshiUnity's Art Gallery [UPDATED: Art throughout the year that wasn't posted on here!

YoshiUnity

Important: Photobucket decided to be a butt, so all of my art is blocked since I don't have a premium account. New art was posted on here. Whenever I have time, I'll post them all again... Maybe! Anyway, here's the latest update!

new%20banner3_1.png

Hello one and all... and stuff. Welcome to my gallery, kick back, relax and take a gander at my art! Also, make sure you scroll all the way down. It gets better, I promise!

No More Heroes Paper[No More Heroes] - What do you get when you cross Paper Mario and No More Heroes? ... Eww! You guys are sick! I was talking about the picture!
NMHEROES001.jpg

Space Nutcases[super Smash Bros. Brawl/ Super Mario Galaxy] - This is the sequel to Oh... It's CORRUPTED, alright!. If you're wondering what happened to Samus in the first picture, this pretty much explains it.
Smashbros001.jpg

Oh... It's CORRUPTED, alright![Metroid Prime 3: Corruption] - This was made from a joke from how Samus wears/removes on her suit in the ship. What would happen if she uploaded it back into the ship once corrupted? Well... she recieve pop-ups!!! They're so many pop-ups I wanted to used. A lot sadly couldn't make it. The "Hit the Hunter" pop-up, was originally "hit the monkey". "Got Phazon?" was orginally "Eat at Ridley's". I think you get the message.

Also they're oodles of other jokes in this entry like the squashed Metroid and "Wash me!!" (backwards) outside on the windshield. Search for the rest!
metroid004.jpg

Graffitti Beat[Elite Beat Agents/Nsider October 06' Award-Winner] - I love experimented with different styles in the past. This was one of my favorite styles for one of my favorite games... BUY EBA!
CCF01092006_00001.jpg

The Bounty Hunter Graveyard [Metroid Prime Hunters] - Who didn't love the Metroid Prime Hunters Commerical? Yeah, the game was a letdown, but that commerical was the main inspiration for this. Also, if you look in the background, you can find a bunch of old nintendo systems. How many you can find?
CCF06192006_00008.jpg

The Beauty of War[Yoot Saito's Odama] - I really enjoyed Odama. With this picture, I combined the war aspect of the two armies with cherry blossoms and leaves. And the artstyle seems to fit everything perfectly!
CCF04162006_00000.jpg

Odama and Dragon[Yoot Saito's Odama] - Seriously, I REALLY enjoyed Odama. I'm still proud on how the dragon turned out.
CCF00482006_00001.jpg

Sonic Artwork(These are pretty old. Made them around 2005. Man times have change! I might draw more... whenever I fell like it.)

Sonic(WW) - Okay, time to come clean. I was trying to mimic the Legend of Zelda (Toon) artstyle with Crayola crayons and color pencils. It came out... alright.
CCF09172005_00001.jpg

Knuckles - What the hell? Did I just throw paint everywhere?!
CCF09172005_00000.jpg

• Thumbs Up 9

Here's some old enviroments and scenes I made from a while back. Not as great as what I can go now, but I still love them.

Big Cargo
BigCargo_edited-2.jpg

Highway City
HighwayCity_edited-2.jpg

The Imagineer
Imagineer.jpg

Edited by ↑↑↓↓ ←→ ←→ B A YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 3

Due to the limited image space, I'll use this post as an extra post to add any extra pictures once the other two posts are filled up. :)

The "Imagineer" looks a lot like the Egg Carrier from sonic Adventure 1... I don't have to guess you used that for inspiration, right?

The "Imagineer" looks a lot like the Egg Carrier from sonic Adventure 1... I don't have to guess you used that for inspiration, right?

A little. It was actually inspired more by the Halberd from Kirby SuperStar.

Edited by YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 1

Big Cargo[The Other Side]

BigCargo_edited-2.jpg

This really reminds me of Metropolis from Sonic Chronicles for some reason.

Highway City[The Other Side]

HighwayCity_edited-2.jpg

For some reason I like this picture alot more than the others. It looks really vibrant and sort of surreal in a way

The Imagineer

Imagineer.jpg

Thats a good design, I dont see how it gets that name but its still a good image none-the-less. Also I agree with ChaosMiles07 that it looks like the egg carrier

This really reminds me of Metropolis from Sonic Chronicles for some reason.

For some reason I like this picture a lot more than the others. It looks really vibrant and sort of surreal in a way.

Thanks for the complement. I always focus on designing environments/characters with more of a surreal look to them, but with sort of a realistic atmosphere.(Fog, light, shadow and etc.) Realistic detail was never my thing. Even though art has no boundaries, drawing with this sense always made me feel more comfortable and more limitless. It's kind of ironic though. XP

One thing that helps to the surreal look is probably the color scheme. In my fan fic or( fan 'script' XP), I wanted to make the pictures as fast as I can without them looking like I just ran right through them. So I focus more on using one color in different shades. (With a few additonal colors as well.)

Thats a good design, I don't see how it gets that name but its still a good image none-the-less. Also I agree with ChaosMiles07 that it looks like the egg carrier

It's name comes from my love for imagination. I always like to view things in a special way instead of how they are typically view upon. Like in Art, instead of just drawing a character/environment, I like to think of what possible spin I could add to make it stand out more. Different outfits? Different art styles? Always experimenting to find out. :)

I believe I was at the center of this belief when I made the Imagineer, so I name it as such.

• 1 month later...

Wow Yoshi! Your art is amazing, some of it so bright and fancy free that you seem to be drawn in and some of it is so dark you sort of get goosebumps as if you are being followed! I love it!

As I said to you in messenger it looks sort of Kingdom Hearts, meets Skies of Arcadia, meets Mario meets absolute epic. I really love your style and I want to know more about Mr. Unity and his Unity Brush please! (sorry for the bump but I had to voice my opinions).

Wow Yoshi! Your art is amazing, some of it so bright and fancy free that you seem to be drawn in and some of it is so dark you sort of get goosebumps as if you are being followed! I love it!

As I said to you in messenger it looks sort of Kingdom Hearts, meets Skies of Arcadia, meets Mario meets absolute epic. I really love your style and I want to know more about Mr. Unity and his Unity Brush please! (sorry for the bump but I had to voice my opinions).

No need for apologies. I'm very thankful that you like my art. It's always good to explore different moods and style. It really helps to go by the mood I feel.

As for my character. YoshiUnity is an caring, yet sometime zany and determined, guy. He lives life the way he believes is right, whether laying around goofing off or standing up for a friend. He believe that there's strength within unity. Knowing that everything can't be done alone.

As for the Unitybrush, it's similar to a keyblade. It's a weapon created from the soul of the person who wields it. All the characters, that represent friends of mine, are drawn with them. They come in many different shapes and sizes from Swords, guns, wands... Even more wackier designs like boots, sidekicks or tools. You gotta love imagination. :P

His is called the Warrior's Intention. It works like a simple sword, slicing right through enemies like butter. I would tell you more but that's what my story (trilogy) will explain. :)

Well I look forward to reading your trilogy and seeing more of your work. I am glad I could please you by your art pleasing me. =D YoshiUnity sounds absolutely lovely. I hope you take a leaf from your characters book and do as he does.

I like to think my Keyblade type thing would form either a wrench (lol like we discussed) or a massive medi-gun so I could go all medic insanity on people. =D

Well I look forward to reading your trilogy and seeing more of your work. I am glad I could please you by your art pleasing me. =D YoshiUnity sounds absolutely lovely. I hope you take a leaf from your characters book and do as he does.

I like to think my Keyblade type thing would form either a wrench (lol like we discussed) or a massive medi-gun so I could go all medic insanity on people. =D

Thank you. Now I can't post my story on here because it's script-format. But I'll have it up on DA and Nsider so I'll note you whenever it's done.

Speaking of your picture.

Elieanach

Elieanach.jpg

Character: Eileanach was created by... Eileanach, of course. Her skunk character just had so many illustrations made of her, I couldn't help but put my spin on it. Not much is different, except for the boots and the spaghetti straps. Of course the wrench was my idea, but that will be explained in about... now!

Unitybrush: Elieanach's idea of the name was better than anything I was thinking for it. It's called the "Wrench of Justice". It's a mixed between a pipe wrench and a monkey wrench. Yeah, as you can tell, hitting someone with this would leave a mark. Also, It as the ability to change into different tools for any situation. Wrench now, drill later, mop in the afternoon and etc.

Eilenanch is a very nice person. I may not have known her all that long, but she's has a very respectful personality. She's a very exceptional person to play with in games, because of her skill and attitude. Also, she has a pretty good potential as an artist. Using a dot-like style for coloring, her work is definite treat for the eyes. Especially when each dot is a light or deep shade. A very good coloring scheme. Whenever she's ready to show it to others, I support her decision on it 100%.

Edited by SmeargleUnity
  • Thumbs Up 2

My apologies for taking so long to actually sit down and reply to this. As you know Yoshi I absolutely and utterly adore your take of Eileanach and I love the Wrench of Justice, I feel like I am honouring the Engineer and all house hold appliances with it. It's a fantastic unity brush.

You are too kind with your description of me you really give me far too much credit Yoshi. =D We need to get onto that whole pwning people on Team Fortress at some point soon too. =D Your very kind and this picture is by far one of my faves.

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies for taking so long to actually sit down and reply to this. As you know Yoshi I absolutely and utterly adore your take of Eileanach and I love the Wrench of Justice, I feel like I am honouring the Engineer and all house hold appliances with it. It's a fantastic unity brush.

You are too kind with your description of me you really give me far too much credit Yoshi. =D We need to get onto that whole pwning people on Team Fortress at some point soon too. =D Your very kind and this picture is by far one of my faves.

No prob. My apologies for taking a long time to respond. Thank you for your comment Eileanach. :)

I meant every word, and I also gave you as much credit as you deserve. :P As you already know, whenever you're on Steam. If I'm there, I'm always willing to tag along.:)

• 1 month later...

YoshiUnity

yoshiunitytOS.jpg

I know I've already shown this in the Mr. SSMB contest, but I very proud of it! You see, I'm a great line artist. My strength comes from coloring my work. So instead of coloring on a layer under the lines. I've color a layer over them, smoothing the edges out to make it seem a little more cleaner.

YoshiUnity art rule #3: Take your strength and aid your weaknesses.

Edited by 504 YoshiUnity Time-Out
  • Thumbs Up 6

• 1 month later...

Well! I have finally finished mines. I would have used the entire week, but I wouldn't be able to use my desktop on the weekend. So, I had to speed things up a little!

I'll ask you this though... What do you get when you cross A megazord, Transformers and Megas XLR? Look below.

Megazordxprime_edited-4copy.jpg

Meet Megazord XL-Prime. (Yeah, I named it.:P)

I used as many kickass references I could think of to make this. The structure focus on all three aspect, while the coloring design focuses more of just Power Rangers meeting Megas XLR. The Power Rangers for being a giant cluster robot, and Megas XLR for the decals. ( I used a mudflap girl[different pose.], Axe Guitar, Flaming Dice/8-ball, checkerboard and Gecko.)

Hey, Zordon did say that he wanted 5 dudes with attitude. Nothing says attitude like a sexy woman on a leg, or funny mudlaps covering the ball bearings.

So there you go.

Edited by Alpha5-Unity
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 5 months later...

*Post edited. Deviantart talk removed by host... Not sure why I put that to begin with honestly, it's in my sig.*

Take this as an editing post. I wanted to change the setup a bit on here. Made it look a little more presentable.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...

It's been a while! Here's some more of my work.

Super Retro Frappuccino - This was made for a contest on DA. I didn't make in far in the contest but I'm still proud of it.

SUPERLATTERETROMIX1.png

The Circadian - The point of this contest was to make a Little Big Planet level. Actually made it to the semi-finals with this one. I had to make everything from pictures and materials provided for the contest.

circadian_eedited-4.png

Shade - Made for the Sonic 20th collab. Wanted to add more detail in her outfit. Had this with a background added so that the effects would be more visible.

shade1q2copy.png

Vanilla the Rabbit - Made for the Sonic 20th collab. I'm really proud of the amount of detail I put into it. Hmm... this cakes... They represent certain Sonic levels. Can you guess which ones?

Vanilla203copy.png

Egg Hammer - Quite Steampunk'd. This was made for Doctor MK's fan fic, Sonic: Age of Steam. Highly recommend reading it!

steamegghammercopy.png

• Thumbs Up 4

• 1 year later...

Oh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, I had an art topic on here. Forgot n stuff. Anyway, here's something more recent!

IMG_20130311_154919.jpg

A Nathan Drake grid drawing! It's pretty good, but i actually have a better version of this hung up on a wall at the Art institute. Whenever I can take a picture of it, I'll be sure to do so to show all the imrpovments.

Also, I'm learning! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. :n

Edited by ↑↑↓↓ ←→ ←→ B A YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 4 months later...

Just uploading a few of my Art Academy: Sketchpad paintings.

zlCfzRFlFLsl1usJFb.jpg

Snake from Metal Gear, Snake from Zero Escape: 999 and Snake from Animal Crossing. "Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!" ...Get it?

zlCfzRGA9sAlBVoMo3.jpg

... You ever had one of those moments when you could have stopped adding detail to a character and you continued for whatever reason? This is sort of what happened here with this Daisy picture. I like it, but I definitely think I got a bit carried away.

zlCfzRF5oPYfg7Ob0k.jpg

Mabel from Animal Crossing and Sonic from YEAH WHATEVER! ANYWAY...! There were a lot of drawings in the Animal Crossing Plaza Miiverse community that had these two together for obvious reasons. So I drew this... And yes. There is shipping of these two.

zlCfzRG4h-Id0imCMI.jpg

You know, I love Monster Hunter but I never considered myself much of a Pokemon fan. Still I'd be all over this crossover if it ever comes to be.

I'm happy with how it turned out, though I do regret the idea of making up a sword instead of using any of the Monster Hunter ones. Also, I think the idea of using having pokeballs in the weapons sounded so much cooler in my head.

Still, I'm proud of this.

Edited by Midnight Pink YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 3

Wow! Yoshiunity, you have amazing artwork! I love your paintings! what kind of paint do you use?

Wow! Yoshiunity, you have amazing artwork! I love your paintings! what kind of paint do you use?

Thanks, Knucklesgirl! I use a mix of color pencils, markers and either watercolor or acrylic paint. The color pencils for the thinner and lighter areas. The markers for the darker areas. Then I use the paint to blend the two together and fill in most of the empty spaces.

Otherwise, I use Photoshop or Art Academy for computer art.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Welp, here's an update from me that you've all seen before. My Werehog entry. Decided to post it on here. I mean, why not?

Pages 1-4

img001-1.png

Image8-1.png

Image9.png

Image10.png

Pages 5-8

Image11.png

Image12.png

Image13.png

Image14.png

Hey, you want to see the unfinished sketches? Of course, you do! (The first image is a little different because I save the image after I edited it.)

1-4 unfinished

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/1ronyosh1/img0011.png

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/1ronyosh1/Image8.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/1ronyosh1/Image9.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/1ronyosh1/Image10.jpg

5-8 unfinished

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/1ronyosh1/Image11.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/1ronyosh1/Image12.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/1ronyosh1/Image13.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/1ronyosh1/Image14.jpg

And there you go! Probably wont update on here much unless I'm posting class projects. I'm going to be pretty busy with college work and the novel I'm currently working on. So I'll have my hands full.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Huh... Guess I had time to draw something!

Here's a Dr. Luigi/Year of Luigi pic. Made it on Art Academy: Sketchpad.

zlCfzRWXzkU2QsEYAA.jpg

Ow... My fingers hurt... Anyway, I wanted to make this after trying out a little bit of Dr. Luigi. It's just as fun as Dr. Mario -- duh -- and it really like the viruses. Anyway, It's been one crazy year for Luigi, hasn't it? He deserves a rest, methinks.

I added "Nurse" Daisy in the pic as a little nod to Nurse Peach, whom only appeared in the instruction booklets and not the actual Dr.Mario games. Thought the overall idea was pretty cute.

• Thumbs Up 3

zlCfzRX3hewmiaYV-v.jpg

It might not be much of a conversation starter, and is only somewhat well-known. But the Dillon's Rolling Western Series is among one of my favorite new franchises, period. I like the games, love the characters and just had to make some fan art of it eventually.

The first game was great, but the sequel improved on it in every way! If a third one does come about and/or if Dillon somehow rolls his way onto Smash Bros... That would be freaking wonderful.

In the Back from left to right: Gallo, Boone and Nomad

Front from left to right: Dillon and Russ.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh boo! 3DS only... it looks pretty neat based on the characters alone! Beautiful work overall YoshiUnity; I hope to one day have a 3DS so I can buy stuff like this. Or more likely, pray for Nintendo to release a title on consoles. XD

Keep up the wonderful work - what I always liked about non-Sonic fanart is in cases like this it helps me become interested in other franchises. smile.png