Awoo.

ARTWORK: YoshiUnity's Art Gallery [UPDATED: Art throughout the year that wasn't posted on here!

YoshiUnity

Wow! Thanks guys! I really love to see everyone enjoying the results! I had so much fun working on these and just seeing this makes it all worth it.

Nepenthe: Thanks a lot! Claudio Pascal's (I just HAVE TO say the whole thing because that character's name is all kinds of awesome!) fun loving personality really made him a joy to work on. I'm also glad that you said that I could give him clothes because bare feet always takes me a couple of tries. And sure, I don't mind if you use anything I added in this picture, honestly. In fact, I feel very honored whenever others incooperate my additions to their characters in future drawings. So feel free, friend!

TCB: Thanks, man! Yeah. that's honestly a key goal I have whenever I try to draw characters for other people. I love adding extra detail to their designs, but I always want to make sure that they can still be recognized with where they originated from. It's a way for me to show respect to who made them, and to put a spin on it. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, these are GREAT! I love how you've emphasized the technology for Locke while still retaining the casual look!

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, these are GREAT! I love how you've emphasized the technology for Locke while still retaining the casual look!

Thanks, man! Glad you like. I really had fun it's Locke's design. It was cool seeing the changes he went through.

• Thumbs Up 1

I already told you I loved your take on Zelana--great pose and expression, that's Zelana alright! I also showed it to my writer, and he loved it as well! I especially liked how you rendered her hair and the little details you did.

I also just want to say I think you did a great job with all these characters--I don't know most of the, but their gestures and expressions really give a sense of what they're like.

Keep it up, dude!

I already told you I loved your take on Zelana--great pose and expression, that's Zelana alright! I also showed it to my writer, and he loved it as well! I especially liked how you rendered her hair and the little details you did.

I also just want to say I think you did a great job with all these characters--I don't know most of the, but their gestures and expressions really give a sense of what they're like.

Keep it up, dude!

Aw, sweet, He liked it? That is awesome! Glad both of you liked it! I've seen a little bit of what you've shown from your comic and the concept alone already has me interested to see where it goes!

No prob, man. I'll be sure to keeping on drawing as long as I can hold a writing utensil!

• Thumbs Up 1

All of these are awesome ^^ I love the texture effect you give to some of these. All the poses are excellent and the lineart is superb ~

Keep up the amazing job!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

All of these are awesome ^^ I love the texture effect you give to some of these. All the poses are excellent and the lineart is superb ~

Keep up the amazing job!

Thanks!

Here’s a cloud I made from the lessons in Art Academy: Home Studio. Done with the Pastel tools.

HNI_0002.jpg

Here’s a video showcasing the process.

Here’s another picture I made from Art Academy lessons. This time with the painting tools.

HNI_0003.jpg

Here’s a video!

Here’s a picture I made from scratch on Art Academy: Home Studio… before I actually went through the lessons. I’ll have to remember that while Art Academy tries to mimic traditional Art, it’s still digital and still acts a little like such.

HNI_0004.jpg

Here’s a video!

And now for a sneak peek on a project of mine.

tumblr_nrac11KLm01sc4fbpo1_540.jpg

Tentative logo. Anyway, I love adventure stories with awesome writing, great characters and interesting worlds for them to explore. And since I have ideas, I thought it would be a great time to one of them into action. I’m still setting a few things up, so I’ll just say that all the characters are food base.

If you looked through my gallery before, You’ve seen this one before. Well, here’s Melonie again!

tumblr_inline_nrab3py6rd1s5cf1t_540.jpg

Yep, that watermelon woman I made is back, and went through some changes. I don’t know why, buy when I made first made this character, despite seeing a lot of flaws with her, design I just thought that there was potential for an cool and bizarre story here. So I kept tweaking her design over and over until I got it where I wanted.

I’m still working on other characters, and I have another one finished. Here’s Oli.

tumblr_inline_nrab6xIL151s5cf1t_540.jpg

She’s based from broccoli (No shit.) Annnd, that’s all I have on those two for now. Again, I’m still working things out and I prefer to keep a tight lip on everything else. Heck, when I redraw them in better poses, I might change a thing of two on them. But for now this are their designs.

Oh! And here’s another picture of Melonie done in Art Academy: Home Studio.

tumblr_inline_nrabmkDfIQ1s5cf1t_540.jpg

Done in pastel. And here’s a video.

It’s odd. You can display your artwork in Portrait format in the game, but not in Miiverse or the video.

Anyway, that’s all for now. Not much info was given here, but I’m extremely confident in this project and I wan t it to be a success. And once I get my ducks in a row, I’ll be sure to show more and eventually, the comic itself.

Wish me luck!

Edited by YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 5

• 1 month later...

ANNNNNNNND... ANOTHER UPDATE!

Marina_1.png

"Shake Shaaaaaake!"

Hey! Anyone on here remember Mischief Makers on the N64? Boy that was a fun game! Incredibly goofy and trippy, but as underrated as it gets. And to be honest, I didn't really think about it until some hours ago! If my N64 still worked, I'd be playing it right now. Anyways here's Marina Liteyears!

Edited by YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 8

I never played Mischief Makers, but I've seen images in Nintendo Power way back when. (God I'm old.... V_V) Looking good!

• Thumbs Up 1

I never played Mischief Makers, but I've seen images in Nintendo Power way back when. (God I'm old.... V_V) Looking good!

Man, I missed Nintendo Power.

But yeah, Mischief Makers was a really fun and odd game made by Treasure. Even though it did advertise and was received very well, it sadly didn't catch on enough to warrant a sequel. If someone still has a working N64 or whatever, I recommend it. It looks a little rough like most N64 titles, but the gameplay still holds up!

Thanks!

Another Update!

Smash%20Daisy_1.png

Sometimes when you want something done when you want it, do have to do it yourself. So I decided to do my “Smashified” take on Daisy. Or at least what I think would be a good version of her for Smash bros. I put a good eight hours into this, along with acquiring references and brainstorming what would be feasible.

So I pretty much gave her look an upgrade similar to Peach, but still taking note that this is her dress. Plus I tweaked her gloves to resemble sport/fighter gloves to bring that tomboy personality out.

I’ve made it no secret that I definitely support Daisy in the Smash Ballots, so here’s a little more sincerity to give. Honestly, I'm satisfied that she's actually doing pretty good from what I've been seeing. Nothing's set in stone, but time will tell!

Edited by YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 6

• 3 weeks later...

Another Update! Commission, baby!

Feng%20Silvereyes%20Moloch2.png

Here's a commissioned piece I made for Teoskaven! If you've seen my price page, this is an example of a Color Plus -- Standing pose w/ no background. Teo wanted me to draw his character Feng "Silvereyes" Moloch in a standing pose with sword in one hand and fire over the other. It's a cool design and actually stand out a bit. I like really like how he's a Medieval-ish warrior with combat boots. And it totally works.

With this picture, I wanted to showcase a bit more with what I've learned overtime. With more knowledge on how to improve my artstyle, working only on one character and this being a commission. I was much more eager to make sure this came out very well. Really have fun taking Teoskaven's references and bringing this character into being on this commission!

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, these are really good! I was looking at your original post without realising it was from a long time ago and already thought your art was good. It's amazing to see all the progress and improvements you've made once I clicked page 3! I especially love your drawing of Daisy and all the details you put into her dress. How long did it take you?

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, these are really good! I was looking at your original post without realising it was from a long time ago and already thought your art was good. It's amazing to see all the progress and improvements you've made once I clicked page 3! I especially love your drawing of Daisy and all the details you put into her dress. How long did it take you?

Thank you very kindly, Melon! I love keeping all of my old work around just to remind me how far I came as an artist and keep my confidence up. Really keeps me going, you know?

The Daisy picture is one of my favorites, too. Overall, it only took me around a good eight hours to complete... not including breaks. XP

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Update, yo!

John20Glimps_1.png

Commission number two for Teoskaven! Here is his character, John Glimps.

I don't get asked to work of muscular characters often, but I'm always up to learn more ways to making character art! From what Teo told me, the character was design was inspired from popular mercenary characters like Deathstroke, but with extra influence of designs from common video game military soldiers. Overall, I really like this character and what he's about. Had a great time working on him.

Edited by YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 1

Another Update! So soon?

Yes! Slowly, but surely, I'm ready for another round of talking about my project, "Fruits" of Discovery"! Nothing really big, but nice update on the logo and character design. You see this update that I made sometime ago?

tumblr_nrac11KLm01sc4fbpo1_540.jpg
tumblr_inline_nrab3py6rd1s5cf1t_540.jpg

Well, as time went on, I grew to hate that design of Melonie, and I thought the logo was a little too plain. So I did some reworking in order to make her outfit mesh much better together in design and color.

Check it out!

Fruits%20of%20Discovery_1.png

Melonie%20True%20Final2.png

I'm definitely fine with these updates. I really feel like for the first time, I can look at this design and say that I'm happy with it... for real this time. I'm not ready to go into detail on character backgrounds at the moment, but I will say that Melonie's definitely the scrappy tomboy type. Not a suffocating angsty brat, mind you. But she definitely has streets smarts and a smart mouth on her, though she's tends to have a one track mind at times...

I'm still working on the redesign for Oli, but you probably won't see that until I'm ready to show more characters along with her.  Until then, I'll continue to work on this project whenever I can in a schedule filled with mostly school work.

Edited by YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 1

Another Fruits of Discovery character revamp!

Well, since only two character were shown, This will actually be the last revamp while all the other characters will be fresh. So this is one for Oli. Here's the before for a preivous post.

Ttumblr_inline_nrab6xIL151s5cf1t_540.jpg

Here is what she looks like now.

Oil%20True%20Final.png

I've definitely grew to hate how the previous design look. I don't want to make every character design a chore to draw when I actually delve deeper into the project, but I knew I could do better. So this like, like Melonie, I went back and thought about colors and fixing her design for the better.

Again, I'm not ready to go into backgrounds just yet, but personality wise, Oli thinks she's very proper and poise, however can come across a condescending even though she doesn't mean to be. I gave her a staff because I wanted her to be capable of using magic. And here's a fun fact! The flower in her hair is a broccoli flower. I thought it would be a nice touch since her character is base of the vegetable.

I know that i said that I would have more to reveal along with her, but school is still pretty tight, so I wasn't able to do so. Sometime down the line, I'll have another ready. But it may definitely take a while.

• Thumbs Up 1

Commission Update!

Evanis2_1.png

Here's a Commission job from Rhodrenris, a friend of mine from Deviantart. He wanted me to draw his character, Evanis, in a dynamic pose with his spray cans. Had a great time working on this one since his character likes to spray paint for fun. So it great that he wanted a dynamic pose, since it gave me more chance to really experiment here. Plus, I always liked his character.

And for anyone curious. This does count as a no background picture since it's only a gradient and the paint streams are coming from the cans.

Edited by YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

Commander%20Holly%20and%20friends.png

I've been thinking about making this for quite sometime... and so I did! I really like the design of Commander Holly's character -- which is a cartoon version of her in a spacesuit. Seeing that -- and watching her pop in a few times on Game Grumps -- I was curious to check out her own channel and came away happy with how fun her videos are. It's goofy and she mostly plays games that I don't have much history with. Her bird videos are also very entertaining since I do like animals. 

I've decided to include a few familiar faces she's been with in her/other videos. From bottom left to top left in a circle: Suzy, Chad, Kati, Ross and JonTron. I put everyone in a space outfit, a space outfit they already had or just added futuristic tech to their characters outfit. I loved working on this and I really have fun working on this from beginning to end and I think it came out great. As for the poses, well you can think hours of listening to Starfox music for that.

Edited by YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 2

Update!

Starfox%202.png

Alright, here's a little something that I wanted to make over the weekend after looking at more footage of Starfox Zero. It's safe to say that despite the game being a alternate retread of Starfox 64, I'm definitely hyped to play with all the new gameplay mechanics and see where it goes with Platinum Games at the helm on this project. I like the look of the game as it becomes more polish and I dig the new designs of the characters. And hopefully this will be the staple design, because Starfox characters had a redesign in EVERY GAME. Really wish Nintendo would pick one and role with it. 

Anyway, as you can see from the picture. I decided to draw three characters who all had an appearance -- in one point or another -- in the ill-fated game, Starfox 2. From left to right, there's Miyu, Fara and Fay. Miyu and Fay were actually in the close-to-final build of the game, but Fara was in one of the earlier version before being cut from the game entirely. To be honest, all I know of these characters is that their personality range -- from left to right -- as tomboy, loyal but cocky and perky go-getter. I know that there are ways to play Starfox 2, but I've never did. And I never read the old Starfox comic, sense that's where Fara originated from. So I'm not really doing this because I'm a fan in anyway. I guess I would like it if they actually had canon roles in the game storyline. Not of fan of characters being cut until I experience what they are like, to be honest. Though they'd have to reintroduce Fara since Krystal's taken the role of Fox's love interest. And maybe Miyu since it's believe that Kat Monroe took her spot, even the latter isn't technically apart of the Starfox team.

So, I redesigned them to look like I think they would, if they were still apart of the franchise and in Starfox Zero. More cartoonish-like features, better proportions and gear, outfits that resemble closer to the Starfox team, crazy boots that could be robot legs and is often debated but no one's really sure. All that good stuff. And for what personality these character had or was suppose to have, I've took it into consideration. Miyu was suppose to be a tomboy, so her outfits is closer to that of Fox. Fara's costume is purple and green to match her actual outfit. I've even kept her purple gloves and red helmet(?) but updated them slightly. Fay, I decided to take a little from the Fara design and wing the rest. I've look into a lot of fan art... (SO... MUCH... FAN ART... The horror...) And I've seen her designed in a multi-tude of different ways. Even sporting colors like Pink, light blue, mixed or whatever. So I went with light blue. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Update!

Creed.png

I saw Creed last night, and let me say this... If you're a fan of Rocky or ANY of the movies, go see this movie NOW. It is phenomenal! 

They nailed everything great about the modern movies, but modernized it enough to where there's a reasonable progression in time. Rocky is now a trainer, Adonis needs to step up and awesomeness ensues! I haven't felt like rooting for an underdog this much since the original Rocky movie!

I loved it so much that I had to make some art for it! Holy crap.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

\Super%20best%20friends.png

YO! The Best Friends Zaibatsu!

I’ve been a fan of the Super Best Friends for years! I’ve yet to see a single playthrough that didn’t leave me laughing my ass off from how funny these guys can be! Freakin’ Matt, Pat, Woolie and Liam are killing it with awesome playthrough with games that I don’t know, games I would NEVER play and games I’ve never heard of but now I want to try as soon as I hear them scream “YOOOOOOOOO!”. So I finally put some initiative into making some fan art.

Went deep into the Zaibatsu lore, into the Best friend-nomicon, and added characters and gags new and old. Rage and Zubaz of course ready to fight the eternal fight, but I decided to add Shockmaster, Budmanbot, Basking Shark, Mummy Lobster and Hitomi J in there as well. Even Baby Ashley on Pat’s shoulder as the horrifying sentry drone baby doll that she is.

But last, but not least… Zach the Cat,  the coolest and obvious final boss of the Best Friend’s Zaibatsu!

Edited by Red-Nosed ReindeerUnity
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ho Ho Ho! Update!

We%20Bare%20Bears.png

I was DBZHedgy's Secret Santa on the Secret Santa topic on here. So i decided to make him a nice picture of Grizz, Panda and Ice Bear from We Bare Bears. It's a good show, and DBZHedgy's a great guy so I was stoke to put effort into this. This was made on time, but after I finished this, I still felt like I had some Christmas cheer to spread. So I decided to make a few more pictures. 

Zelana%20X-mas.png

Suzanne%20X-Mas.png

Meleon%20X-Mas.png

It's Zelana for Zaysho, Suzanne for Felix and Meleon for Sean! Besides me wanting to take another crack of a few OC request again, I wanted to make these just as a nice reward for a few pals of mine. I originally wanted to put a few more in there but I jumped on this a little later than I wanted. So three extra was the best I could do for now. 

Anyway, with Christmas passed once again, I hope everyone had a wonderful time and here's to a new year hopefully to be better than the last!

• Thumbs Up 3

This literally made Christmas for me this year. Thank you so much T____T

Anytime, pal! Again, it makes my day to see you enjoy this picture. =)

• Thumbs Up 1