Awoo.

ARTWORK: YoshiUnity's Art Gallery [UPDATED: Art throughout the year that wasn't posted on here!

YoshiUnity

Update!

A%20scuttling%20rivalry.png

Yep! I really love some Shantae! ... The game series, I mean! Anyway, I've always have an appreciation since I played the original on the Game Boy Color after picking it up on a Garage sale. The gameplay is great and only improved with each new entry of the series. But of course, the main reason I like the game are the fun characters. Shantae, Risky, Bolo, Sky, Rotty and Mimic all have a lot of personality and really help move stories that can be silly, serious and especially charming. 

So I wanted to draw a picture with all six of them in a fan art piece, but of course focus on that rivalry between Shantae and Risky Boots. Because as long as the games do well, and they should, that rivalry will scuttle on until ad infinitum. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Updated!

Lumina_1.png

Note that my "No request" rule is still in effect, however this isn't either a request or commission. I've seen a lot of characters on here... Some really, REALLY cool ones and sometimes I get the urge to draw them just for the hell of it. Today, this can be said about Spin Attaxx's OC, Lucy "Lumina" Laserwave!

Oh man... where to start with this character. let's just kick it off by saying that as soon as I saw this character, that itch to put my spin on her flared right up. Lumina just looks so much fun so much fun to draw as a character in design and ideas. From what I can gather, she's an intergalactic rock star that lives in the same world as his other OC, Jessica. So that means that she also lives in a world govern by magic and sci-fi elements. So I had to take advantage of this!

Anyway, first and for most. She's a rockstar. Her outfit from Spin's design scream "80's rocker" to me. Bright colors and rocking hard all day! So I searched for references that matched the tone I was looking while listening to some sweet 80's rock... Well, mostly the Double Dragon Neon and Terminator Sega CD soundtracks... some of my favorite 80's -esque jams to help get me in the mood while I worked on the design. Thus came turning her boots into those big punk boots, the tongue piercing and the extra facial paint... And yeah, KISS was one of the references... Can't reference 80's rock without KISS!

Anyway, to add to that, I wanted to give her an instrument to hold... I know she has a guitar, but I've also seen her with a mic, so I wanted to give her a mic stand and to have her in a rockin' pose. But as I saw her coming together, it looked like she was holding a sword more as a mic. And after watching an episode of Samurai Champloo where a samurai actually used the hilt of his sword to beatbox as if it was a mic! Then it came to me! The topknot-ponytail... The kabuki-esque face paint... The stance... I could add a little more to give her a samurai flare! So I made her Mic stand a combination of mic, laser sword and sheath. To where she could pull the mic out like a hilt and and wield it. I've also added samurai braces on her arms to drive that in a little more. 

Man this character was fun to work on... I've even added blue highlights in parts of her hair. In fact on her ponytail, she has the highlights on five tips -- one out of view -- to make it resemble more like a shooting star. There's so much I can get into here, but I've think I explained a ton. SO here you go, Spin Attaxx! I hope you like it!

• Thumbs Up 7

I said this in the PM, but this is super cool! I totally wasn't expecting this,and I love what you've done with her! Though if I may be a bit pedantic, "Lucy Laserwave" is the stage name, not "Lumina". Still, super cool and super cute, I love it to bits! 8D

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Spin Attaxx said:

I said this in the PM, but this is super cool! I totally wasn't expecting this,and I love what you've done with her! Though if I may be a bit pedantic, "Lucy Laserwave" is the stage name, not "Lumina". Still, super cool and super cute, I love it to bits! 8D

Thanks, man! And whoops on my behalf with the name mistake. But no worries, I went ahead, fixed it and re-uploaded it. 

Glad that you like it, man!

• Thumbs Up 1

Commission news update!

YoshiUnity%20Jan%20Commission%20Part%201

YoshiUnity%20Jan%20Commission%20Part%202

YoshiUnity%20Jan%20Commission%20Part%203

Link: http://yoshiunity.deviantart.com/art/Character-Art-Commissions-January-Monthly-Deal-581866667

Time to welcome the new year with a better commission setup! I've been offering commissions for over a year and while I'm extremely thankful for the business I've been getting... there's definitely room for more of a push. So I've decided to improve my setup a bit by updating my examples, removing what isn't needed and offering deals for a more aggressive advertisement push.

So as you've noticed, I've displayed better examples, but removed the old Color option. So now it's only black & white and fully colored now. I was willing to offer color commissions without the shading, but it just didn't look worth for a price. Honestly, they looked more unfinished than the black & white -- which is actually the start off of my process. So I decided to removed for the sake of quality.

I've also added Monthly Deals into the mix to bring a little more appeal. Each month I'll be offering a new deal in order to mix things up and keep people interested in taking advantage of them. I will be updating this EVERY MONTH in the Status Updates to keep everyone inform on when the deals kick in. So keep a heads up!

Also, be sure to read the rules!

--

• 4 weeks later...

Update!

Feng%20One-Eye%20Moloch_2.png

Commission No.3 for Teoskaven! He was able to take advantage of my January deal and got two standing pose characters for the price of one. On the left, it's another one of his original's Feng "One-Eyed" Moloch. Any relation with Silver-Eyes -- the character he commissioned me to work on earlier? Not sure, but he still looks great!

Also, on the right is a character rep for one of his friend's on S.C.R.W.M., Dark Star. If you thought that was Soma from Castlevania, well... you're not mistaken but it's still incorrect. The team of S.C.R.W.M. are made of a few members on here and not that have avatars that represent them in the thumbnails on their Youtube vids. All of the avatars are characters that are either completely O.C., O.C.s with clothes similar to already established characters or a little bit a both. 

Spoiler

Jovahexeon

Jovahexeon%20Jovahexeon_1.png

Phoenix%20JJ.png

Shiroi

Shiroi.png

Franzika%20Shiroi.png

Dwibs

Apollo%20Dwibs.png

Layton%20Dwibs.png

Pedro

kuni%20Pedro.png

Turner%20Grey%20Pedro.png

Teoskaven

Teoskaven_1.png

Gumshoe%20Teoskaven.png

I've work with them before, and it really makes me glad to see them continue using them in their thumbnails. Even though, as I look back at these illustrations, I can see that my work has became much more cleaner and clearer than it use to be. Dark Star wasn't mentioned at the time, so I wasn't able to make one for him, so it's great that Teo used this as his freebie character.  Now everyone at least has one!

Also, COMMISSION UPDATE!

Hey everyone! I just wanted to make a an update that it's just under a week left for the January deal

Now, this is the January Monthly Deal advertisement. And the deal for January is that if you buy a  Character Art Commission, you get another character in that picture -- in the same pose range and color style -- for FREE! That's a great deal!

And even through this is the final week of January, that's still a good amount to time to ask me for a commission and take advantage of this deal. Because as long as you ask me for the commission no later than January 31, 2016 at 11:59pm US Eastern Time, you can still take advantage of this deal! And of course, you don't have to pay until the commission is completed! So if your interested, be sure to send me a PM as soon as possible!

For prices and more details, just look at my price sheet posted earlier or just ask me!

• Thumbs Up 2

De nada, amigo!

Honestly, I didn't know that you were Dark Star, Lime. But it's great that you like the picture! Glad that you can have one with the rest of your team!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

Verte_3.png

Here's another example of a character I've wanted to draw for quite some time, and was willing to make an exception despite my strict commission only rule.

This is Verte Sinople made by Vertekins. A green tenrec who's really in-tuned with nature. Literally to the point where she can use it to heal others with her distaff. In my opinion, this is an example of a fan character with a good amount of thought put into it. She her own character and has nothing from the main cast of Sonic shoe-horned into her backstory and she's not a Mary Sue in anyway. Also, I really like it that it's a healer, not a fighter. While I'm not against characters who are great fighters, I use to have a Yoshi OC that was one, but fan characters don't have to be fighters to be interesting. They just have to be well thought out.

Despite being a big fan of the Sonic series, it's very rare when I work on Sonic characters, Sonic fan characters or characters with Sonic-like proportions. So I had to do some research to get the proportions as close as I could to read as a Sonic OC. And I wanted to take Verte's original design and give it more of a spin that's more in-tune with her love of nature. I was glad to finally work of this character and I'm glad to see it work out.

Pippi%20final.png

Here's a picture I made for Pre-Porfoilo class at the Art Institute. We had to take an idea that takes something already established and put a spin of it. Afterwards we had to  treat it like a project, so we had to do roughs, action poses, turn-arounds, expressions and then a final picture. 

I decided to take the story of Pippi Longstocking, have it take place in during Soviet Russia and make it a revenge story.  She starts young and hopeful, finds out that her father died at the hands of a fellow soldier and grows up to find revenge. It was received very well by my instructors and I'm looking forward to the next one.

• Thumbs Up 7

• 1 month later...

Update! 

steam_2.png

If the was ever a game that I’ve played last year that I felt was absolutely underrated. Absolutely overlooked for more than it should have ever been, it was definitely this wonderful gem known as Codename: S.T.E.A.M. (A.K.A. Strike Team Eliminating the Alien Menace.)

This game was one of the most enjoyable experiences I had last year despite any flaw it actually had. I loved the crazy concept of controlling agents born from classic literature and are lead by Abe Lincoln in a steampunk world. I love the fun story that even with flat characters, took the player to places and twist that they wouldn’t ever expect. Also, the gameplay that really challenged me to take advantage of my environment instead of just trying to steam roll through the main path. 

So I drew a picture with all the agents -- including the Fire Emblem amiibo extras -- NPC and Villains. I think I only forgot John Milton Hay who managed the options, but it’s fine. I stuffed as many as I could in there!

For anyone interested in a great Third person Strategy RPG. I honestly couldn’t recommend this 3DS game enough. Be sure to try the demo to get a feel of the game if you’re curious. And yes, they did fix that enemy turn issue that sped the pace up considerably.

Characters in no order: Abraham Lincoln, Henry Fleming, John Henry, Tiger lily, Lion, Tom Sawyer, The Fox (Made up relative of Zorro), Califia, Randolph Carter, Scarecrow, Tin Man, Dorothy, Queequeg, Stovepipe (Robot Lincoln/Human-sized A.B.E.), Katherine (S.T.E.A.M. Communications Officer), Ike, Marth, Lucina, Robin and Starface (villain).

Commission Update!

YoshiUnity%20March%20Commission%20Part%2

Alright! I was a bit busy with important work... again, but I've finally found the time to update the monthly deal for March! That's right! all additional are half-off! So if you've ever wanted to add a background and such to your commission, this is your chance! You have until March 31, 2016 at 11:59pm US Eastern Time to take advantage of this deal! And don't worry, if you've already contact for the previous monthly deal before the previous deadline, then you still qualify for it!

• Thumbs Up 1

Update!

Herbert%20and%20Dejimon_1.png

Here's another commission for Teoskaven! 

This was actually asked at the end of the January Monthly Deal, and after a load of college work, I appreciate Teo for being very patient with me trying to get this done.

The character on the left is Herbert. One of his personal OC's. The character on the right is avatar for a friend of his, and fellow SCRWM member, Dejimon. The two characters have no relation with each other, which is fine. He put that extra deal to good use for a friend and I really respect that!

Keres_6.png

Here's another commission requested by a good pal of mine on Deviantart, BlazingBarrager, for a good friend of his, xMaalikx.

It's  xMaalikx's character, Keres. Who's a humanoid Gengar (gijinka) nomad who lives appear sweet and shy among dark and sinister settings. This was a fun challenge for me as it encourage myself to approach a character with to different tones at once: Sinister and timidity. Once I was able to combine the two. Once I finished up the character -- who brought all of  timidity -- I began work on the background the really drive the sinister. I don't think that she wants to be constrict by a shadowy and banged up pokeball, but with the expression on her face, she might have came to with it despite perfecting being outside. 

Researching the character was a lot of fun, too. I was able to see a lot of illustrations of the character and they gave me a lot of ideas. In fact, the idea for the change came almost directly from one of the references!

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

Super%20best%20friends%20better.png

Here’s a quick piece of fan art of the Best Friends Zaibatsu! No matter what busy, crappy or boring day I had to put up with, I can always count on these guys to make me laugh!

• Thumbs Up 2

Nick%20and%20Maya3_1.png

Nick and Maya, together again in Ace Attorney 6! Hell yeah!

I've been a fan of the Ace Attorney games every since the first and have play every single entry that was localized... You reading this, Capcom? "Every single entry 'that was localized'."! I shouldn't have to point out that last part!

Anyway, I love the series and it's amazing characters. But through all Nick and team had to go through, I'm glad that he'll have his best friend back by his side to uncover to truth once again. And with everything that was revealed so far, I'm expecting big things from this entry!

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

Another Update!

Sonic%20and%20the%20Secret%20Rings%20fin

Made for Tara's Anniversary project. Added a little more shine and background here to make it look a little more clean!

Art Commission Update!

YoshiUnity%20April%20Commission%20Part%2

Here’s the monthly deal for April! That’s right! all additionals are half-off! So if you’ve ever wanted to add a background and such to your commission, this is your chance! You have until April 30th, 2016 at 11:59pm US Eastern Time to take advantage of this deal! And don’t worry, if you’ve already contact for the previous monthly deal before the previous deadline, then you still qualify for it! 

• Thumbs Up 7

• 3 weeks later...

Updated!

It's not often that I updated on my projects, but here's some more character art for Fruits of Discovery!

Melonie%202%20a.png

Once again, here's Melonie. (Or "Mel" for short.) Time after time again, I would draw her adding detail and taking some away. But of all the times that I've drew her, I never had her in a action pose. Here's a little tidbit about the universe of this series. All life have evolve on planets born of food scattered in space. Some of these beings like Mel here, have jobs that requires her to travel throughout the universe in order to provide aid for certain tasks and get paid for it. I won't go to deep in how it works for, but I can tell you that it's similar to being a bounty hunter, but not.

Anyway, those in her line of work are required to be armed just in case things get dangerous. So I give laser revolvers that she can keep tuck in those big gauntlets of hers. She could dual wield if she wanted to, but she prefers a steady aim and to conserve charge. So it she ever has to shoot, she only uses one and holds it with both hands. Also, I decided to give her a gap in her teeth. And again, she base off of a watermelon.

Oli%202a.png

It's Oli! And once again she shows that not all characters in Fruits of Discovery are based off of fruit, but all kinds of food. And of course, she based off of broccoli. Drawing Oli again, I was planning for drawing her doing a ojou laugh. (The hand-beside-mouth "OH HO HO HO HO!" laugh that some rich female characters do in anime.) However, it didn't look right so I decided to meet it half way. She's supposed to be a very wealthy individual and acts in a very uppercrust manor, which can often get on the nerves of other. But when something of concern is at hand, she normally drops that and becomes more considerate. She uses a staff.

New characters!

Boisen%202a.png

Here's a new character! Boisen, base off of boysenberries. As I said in an earlier update, Melonie tends to be a bit brash in how she acts at times. Though if you're going to be brash, you need someone who there to help calm you down. So enters Boisen. A long time friend of hers that not only works with her on the jobs but also handle most of the technical load for the team which he honestly prefers.

But if things get hairy, Boisen is really skilled with a sniper rifile. But reside having a steady aim and a good grip, Boisen naturally has really sharp eye sight. So good that he has the option to shoot with or without the scope. He also walks using mechanical legs, after losing his real ones in a unfortunate incident. He's usually open to all kinds of conversations, but this is a subject he never wants to talk about.

Komi%202a.png

Komi, a legendary ninja base off of rice. Komi is enigmatic vigilante that travels across his planet in order to keep it save from any many threats as he can. Not much is actually known about him other that the normally usually shows up right when conflict strike, wearing a tattered scarf and wielding a laser sword.

Definitely a character that I don't want to get too deep into now.

Aystria%202a.png

Here's Aystria, based off of cakes. I wanted to have a muscular character be apart of the main cast, but one that wasn't a meat head stereotype. Aystria fits this because while she might wield a massive rail gun, she actually one of the nicest characters in the story. Often very welcoming and supportive to those around her and willing sacrifice a lot to keep safe and spirits up. 

But even though she's a nice person, she definitely not a push over. Because not only if she's well built, she's also the mother of a daughter. And above all else she'll do anything to keep her daughter safe, often noted to close control whenever she's in danger. And in case you're wandering about her name, I took the world "pastry" and then began to take and add letters into it. Out of all 5 characters revealed, I think her name was harder to understand where it came from.

Anyway, this is all I can share for now. I'm still keeping a lot of info under lock and key until I become more comfortable the with finalized version of the story. Until then, this is all you get until the next update! But keep your eyes open until next time!

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

Alright! Here's a little something I've been working on in college. Self portraits! So here's my pretty face!

20160412_125224_1.jpg

Not here's the assignment! I had to draw a self-portrait of myself, but with a twist! I had to take my face and give it animal attributes! So I selected a bear and hear you go! Bear me!

Fitts_Selfportrait.jpg

The best part about it, it only took me three hours to make! Quick and east!

Also, more Fruits of Discovery!

Melonie%20better%20poses.png

Here’s a few character poses for Melonie! Wanted to practice some shading and posing. Since she’s going to be the main character, I want to be as comfortable drawing her in multiple poses as possible.

Also, I acquired a few extra brushes to help bring the comic book inking alive a little more quicker! Overall I'm planning on being more aggressive with this project, so expect more on Melonie, the others and those not revealed yet!

Extra:

Melonie%20better%20poses%20colored.png

Ah, what the hell. I decided to color in the poses. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Updated! 

FoD%20buddies.png

And the finished buddy piece. New art style. Really proud of it. Melonie and Boisen – Best buds.

Cloak%20and%20Dagger.png

Alright! I’ve been working on this for a bit and let me tell you,  I am happy with how this came out.

For those that don’t know, Ty Johnson and Tandy Bowen are runaways from two different classes of life who meet each other, become friends and even more so once they are expose to experimental drugs that alter them into superheroes gifted with new found powers. 

Ty has the power of darkness and teleportation which engulfed his body, but conceals with a cloak given to him by Tandy.  As for Tahdy, she was given the power of light, which she can manipulate and even use to create daggers at will.

These two have been engulfed in the veil of obscurity for some time, but recently have been appearing in more Marvel outings and are becoming more notice to fans. In fact. they’re actually getting a show on Freeform!

One thing I like about comic characters is that their appearance change so much that you can get  bit creative with their designs. Why does Dagger have sleeves that clip onto her finger like a ninja? Also why doesn’t she sport that impossible top that cuts off in ridiculous spots that doesn’t make sense for a superhero? Why does Cloak have metal loves on? Because I decided to add them in. Enjoy!

• Thumbs Up 3

Updated!

Suicide%20Squad%20beta_1.png

Went through a lot to finish it.one. Photoshop was ready to crash at any time and I even had to erase all the detail an start over just so I could finish it. 

I’m really looking forward movie after reading a lot of the Suicide Squad comics. I love the idea of villains being force to do mercenaries jobs. Also, I love it that they with them being villains – they do what they can to disobey and anyone of then can die at anytime. 

What you get are awesome stories that can switch from being funny, crude and serious in a flash, but it all makes sense. Here’s hoping that the movie turns out good!

Commission Update!

YoshiUnity%20June%20Commission%20Part%20

Here’s the monthly deal for June! That’s right! Buy a character commission, get another half-off! You have until June 30th, 2016 at 11:59pm US Eastern Time to take advantage of this deal! And don’t worry, if you’ve already contact for the previous monthly deal before the previous deadline, then you still qualify for it!

Also, be sure to read that update about the project!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2015 at 1:34 PM, YoshiUnity said:

2nd Commission: Terriful. Requested on DeviantArt

Terrifulfinal-1.png

Oh yeah.  I remember that. Never said thanks but thanks for doing that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Update!

Matt%20vs%20takahata101.png

Here’s some more Fan art! It’s Zaibatsu vs Ustabiaz with Super Best Friend’s Matt and Team Four Star’s Takahata101!

I’ve been wanting to make some comic book covers for the “Zaibatsu vs. Ustabiaz” for a while, but was a bit hesitant until I felt my skills were ready to make a solid comic art piece. Now that I’ve done a little research, I definitely believe that time is now!

Pat%20vs%20Plague.png

Alright, here’s Part 2 with Pat of Super Best Friends and Plague of Gripes as well… Well, Plague of Gripes! And don’t worry, they’re fine. Both are fatally stabbed, but fine! Anyway, the immortal war rages on! Zaibatsu and Ustabiaz!

Wooile%20vs%20GBO.png

Alright, here’s Part 3 with Woolie of Super Best Friends and Brennan Williams A.K.A. Great Black Otaku! Nothing can contain the epic brawl between these two! Be it a city or Photoshop! Anyway, the immortal war rages on! Zaibatsu and Ustabiaz!

Liam%20vs%20Cranky.png

Alright, here’s the final part with Liam of Super Best Friends and animating artist guy in a bear suit, CrankyConstruct! Unlike the last three covers, I decided to make this one more like a manga cover. It makes makes since given the two guys starring in this picture are known for their love of anime and manga. 

And yeah… I used an online translator for the Japanese font. I hope to God that it worked well enough.

Anyway, these were a lot of fun! I’m really glad that a lot of people enjoyed these. And to those unfamiliar to Super best friends play or any of the Ustabiaz – please check out their work! Really good stuff all around!

cat%20girl.png

Who looking forward to Gameoverse? Well, this guy right here is looking forward to it! …I’m pointing at myself right now that’s why I said that.

Anyway, for those that don’t know, Ross O’Donavan of Game Grumps A.K.A. RubberNinja wants to bring back a mini-series he made in a big way. More characters, quality, help, plot, the works. I’m expecting it to go places and to be an hilarious adventure. I really want to see where it goes.

Anyway, here’s theGameoverse cat girl! I tried to keep true to the redesign as much as possible, but I tweaked a few areas here and there. Used references like Iron Man and Megaman to help with details on the arms and feet.

Commissions Update!

YoshiUnity%20July%20Commission%20Part%20

Here’s the monthly deal for July! That’s right! Buy a two character commissions, get another one and a simple background for free! You have until July 31th, 2016 at 11:59pm US Eastern Time to take advantage of this deal! And don’t worry, if you’ve already contact for the previous monthly deal before the previous deadline, then you still qualify for it!

Also, be sure to read that update about the project! This is the final month for these prices!

On 6/19/2016 at 10:42 PM, Terriful said:

Oh yeah.  I remember that. Never said thanks but thanks for doing that.

Anytime! Had a fun time working on that!

• Thumbs Up 2

Callie%20and%20Marie%20Final.png

May the freshest win!  Team Callie? Team Marie? When the final Splatfest comes, get on Splatoon and give it all you got!

Funny story about this picture. Originally, it was going to be a parody of that famous Marvel Civil War picture where Iron and Captain America are evenly match. But when you think about it, Callie and Marie are not going to stand like that and wouldn’t really fit the game’s style at all. So I loosen the poses up, but kept it to where they still seemed evenly matched.

• Thumbs Up 2

Updated!

New%20daisy_1.png

Felt like drawing Daisy. So I did!

shantae.png

Went back into playing the Shantae games again. They’re fun, great and make you feel really good when you beat them. And yeah, I’m looking forward to Half-Genie Hero when it comes out!

risky.png

Hey no matter how many times Shantae goes on a adventure, Risky Boots will always be there to butt heads with her! 

• Thumbs Up 6

Those Shantae pics are super cool. They have lots of character!

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Those Shantae pics are super cool. They have lots of character!

Thanks, MDS!

Good stuff as always, bro! I really like the use of heavy blacks and hatching in the shadows. I also just noticed how the lighting hits the eyes and gives them a nice, soft feel to them.

I was wondering, would you ever consider showing your lineart? I'd be interested to see what it all looks like underneath the rendering.