Awoo.

ARTWORK: YoshiUnity's Art Gallery [UPDATED: Art throughout the year that wasn't posted on here!

YoshiUnity

18 hours ago, Zaysho said:

Good stuff as always, bro! I really like the use of heavy blacks and hatching in the shadows. I also just noticed how the lighting hits the eyes and gives them a nice, soft feel to them.

I was wondering, would you ever consider showing your lineart? I'd be interested to see what it all looks like underneath the rendering.

Thanks, man!

And you know? I haven't really given it much thought since my linework tends to be on the simpler side. But hey, I'll be happy to show them!

Risky

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/1ronyosh1/risky lines.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnDJpv9WIAAcHAz.jpg

Shantae

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/1ronyosh1/shantae lines.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnDJkltWcAAGfln.jpg

Daisy

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/1ronyosh1/New daisy line.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnDKLcgWgAAbW8z.jpg

I've included both bare lines and with inks. Fun fact about the pupils is that they came later. I was originally going to have them all without pupils, but the results were a bit creepy. So I kept my brush fill to 30% and added them in. Made the eyes read much more natural to the lighting. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Updated!

Time for more commission art of S.C.W.R.M.! The Swashbuckling Console War Regiment Musketeers! I'm always up for a job, and I'm glad these guys are always interested in what I can do. Really makes the effort all the more rewarding when their commissions are completed. They got to me before I temporarily closed commissions so thankfully I was able to work on these before classes became too intense... But hey, I'll be honest... Since I love drawing so much that it's amazing that my stylus hasn't fused my hand, I'd probably still approve regardless of when I was asked!

Also, just a heads up to everyone. Despite what I just said, commissions are technically still closed. However, I do plan on re-opening them possibly sometime next week. Possibly sooner. Like I've mentioned in some of my earlier posts, the prices will increase, but I'm still trying to decide on a price that would be not only fair for clients, but fair for me as an artist. So far the range of my highest character art price -- Color Plus with dynamic pose -- will be something lower than $60 but higher than $35. Nothing is set in stone yet, but after timing myself with some of my latest updates and looking at the quality I can make, I have a better idea on what to do. Also, monthly deals will still be a thing! So if the prices seem intimidating, so sure to keep an eye out for those!

Anyway, here are the commissions!

Teoskaven

New%20teo_1.png

He wanted me to take his character and put it in a modified version of Tau Fire Warrior from Warhammer 40K. Took some things off, added some things in.Overall, it came out great and gave me more practice to design heavy looking armor.

Jova

Newa%20jova2.png

Jova wanted me to give his character Cloud's outfit and buster sword with Undyne's spears. I can tell he really loves that Monado keyblade I design for him because he will never let that baby go, no matter what costume he wants. B)  There's actually another version of this commission with his character wielding more spears. 

Dark Star

new%20Dark%20Star_1.png

Here's Dark Star's character again. He wanted me to take his character and add lavender in his hair, jacket, and shoes. Changes that I welcome overall since it makes his character stands out from Soma -- from Castlevania -- much more. Also, the minor changes to the outfits help as well. 

Pedro

new%20Pedro_1.png

Okay, this is hilarious. Pedro wanted me to take his character, shaves off a nice clump of that hair and make him look like David Cage. Complete with bullshit button choices! Also, he wanted me to give him a grin that was as smug as I could possibly make it. It makes sense. I played Beyond: Two Souls.

Dwibs

new%20dwibs_1.png

Dwibs wanted me to give his character a captain's uniform from Star Trek, while looking very crossed. The outfit works with the pose. Plus I like how simplistic and authoritative it is. Now I just need to actually what Star Trek, which I actually plan of doing.

Shiori

New%20Shiroi_1.png

Shiori apparently wanted to go fast. So I had to take her character, open her eyes, and give her the Miku Sonic outfit. Also, she wanted me to add Splattoon and Undertale dressings here and there. I had fun, and I got to experiment with a few ideas that made the design pop more. Like making her pupils blue to make that Sans blue flame feel more in place.

• Thumbs Up 6

MDS: Thanks, man!

Also! Commission Update!

new%20commissions.png

http://yoshiunity.deviantart.com/art/Commission-Prices-632346724

Time to get serious. After improving my skills and fine tuning what I know, I felt it was time to adjust everything to make it fairer for not only the client but for me as an artist.  So I made a few changes and even included a new option to choose from. 

Honestly, I didn't know what prices to settle on for the longest time. So I asked some of my instructors from the institute on what they think. And these guys are hired to straight up tell me like it is and hold no punches. They told me that I'm more of the range of 50-65 dollars, considering that I'm still pretty unknown. But I decided to go for 45 as my highest price for now simply because of my previous prices.

As I said since June, I've been thinking about this. I do understand if this turns some people away, but as I learn new things and find myself still struggling to secure other jobs, I feel as if this was ultimately for the best. Plus Deals of the Month are still a thing, So if prices are an issue, be sure to take advantage of those.

Updated

Hey! Everybody! It's great to say that since I've graduated college, I have a lot more free time on my hands to draw and work on all the personal projects that i want to focus on. As you've known, I've been working pushing one in particular called Fruits of Discovery. I've already made many updated on these characters and I plan to do more once I iron out the script. 

Anyway, Melonie and team have been through quite a few redesigns. But after quoting final design after final design, I think I've finally made the best designs for everyone. Not to busy or too simple. Just enough to attract the eye. 

Melonie

AF%20melonie%20final_1.png

Old Design (Melonie)

Boisen

AF%20Boisen%20final_1.png

Old Design (Boisen)

Oli

AF%20Oli%20final_1.png

Old Design (Oli)

Komi

AF%20Komi%20final_1.png

Old Design (Komi)

Shorbha (Formerly named "Aystria" because the name sucks.)

AF%20Shorbha%20final_1.png

Old Design (Shorbha)

Overall, I've made quite a few changes in designs and even a name! Plus working on my own clock gave me some time to unwind and work at my speed. I think after all the designs I've kept calling final, these are or at least until I learn new techniques, will be the absolute final. 

I'm still designing other characters, backgrounds and etc. but now that I have the time to do so, I'm more than eger to familiar myself with this project even more and actually get down to fine tune everything to a "T". As I've said many times, this looney idea is crazy enough to be some epic as long as I put the work into it. And I'm ready to go to work!

So look forward to more!

• Thumbs Up 8

I love Melonie and Shorbha the most. They're both so cool for different reasons. I love Melonie because her colours are striking and the mo-hawk pony tail thing going on is neat, and I like Shorbha for those guns!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/30/2016 at 4:22 AM, Mightyray said:

I love Melonie and Shorbha the most. They're both so cool for different reasons. I love Melonie because her colours are striking and the mo-hawk pony tail thing going on is neat, and I like Shorbha for those guns!

Thanks, Mighty! Glad to see those parts of those characters appeals to the eye. I still don't know what call that hair style for Melonie. Might just call it a "Melon Slice" hairdo or something. =P

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

new%20marina_2.png

"Shake Shake!" ...Again! I felt like drawing Marina again, so I did! Looking back at the old picture I drew, I felt like I could so so much better than that, so I felt like taking another crack at it.

Also feeling a bit nostalgic help a bit as well. Mischief Makers was a fun and quirky game!

new%20commissions_1.png

New Deal of the Month for character art commissions. Buy two characters, get another one for free until Nov 1 US Eastern time! Be sure to read everything for all the details!

• Thumbs Up 5

Thanks, Mighty! And yeah, she's really fun to draw but her design requires a bit of improvisation since the original designs were made with an old school anime design. Really jaggy and not much regard for proportions on the face and body. But hey, it gives a the artist more freedom to handle it anyway they want so it's all good. 

Anyway, Update! 

squirrel%20girl_1.png

Here's Doreen Green A.K.A. Squirrel Girl! And yes, she is one of my favorite superheroes.

Honestly, my entire list is pretty expansive. Iron Man is still my top favorite and has been since the 90's cartoon series. I have also been a long time fan of The Flash, Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man, Batman, Moon Knight, Deadpool, Lobo, Ant-man -- to name a few more. But with the reputation Squirrel Girl has among comic readers, some people reading this are probably wondering I like her so much.

Well, I like it that she's upbeat and chose to be a superhero simply because she wanted to be one and she looked up to other heroes like Iron Man. I find it refreshing to have a hero that doesn't have a crap ton of emotional baggage. The worst thing that happened to her is that she was teased as a teenager and lost Monkey Joe, one of her best squirrel friends. Which is still sad, but she doesn't mourn over it every five minutes. Tippy Toe -- the squirrel on her shoulder -- took his place in that role afterward.

Squirrel Girl isn't a badass, nor should she be one. Her name is Squirrel Girl for goodness sake! In the current run of her comics "The Unbeatable Squirrel
Girl" Doreen is an awkward college student balancing her school life with her life as a superhero. For example, her tail is real, but how does she hide it? By stuffing it in her pants and calling the bulge her "awesome butt". Her goofy nature is on purpose and most people who work on her comics actually got what makes her great. (Except for the few that tried to make her act "cool"... What the heck, guys?) And even though she's awkward, she not a pushover. She'll stand up for herself and those she wants to protect as a hero should.

But the best thing about her is that she's incredibly effective despite her quirky nature. The motto of Spider-man's comics is "With great power comes great responsibility." If Squirrel Girl was known for one, it would be "Never underestimate someone's potential". Over her runs in the comics, Doreen has beaten Doctor Doom, The Mandarin, Giganto, MODOK, Thanos, Terrax, Bug-Eyed Voice, Bi-Beast, Deadpool, Pluto, Wolverine, Fing Fang Foom, Baron Mordo, Korvac, Ego the Living Planet, Kraven the Hunter, Whiplash, Hawkeye, Spider-Man, Capt. America (Sam Wilson) and Black Widow. Most of them single-handed at that. She's even stopped Galactus from eating Earth just by talking to him about how much of a jerk Thanos is. And if people can count the time Deadpool stopped Galactus by annoying him, then I don't see how this wouldn't count since she still saved the Earth.

And on a final note, her powers aren't lame as people think. She's a give and take of Spider-Man (in strength, leaping and climbing minus the spider-sense and webs.), Ant-Man (though communicates with squirrels instead of ants.) and Wolverine (sharp claws but with a much slower healing factor.) So she doesn't have a problem holding her own at all. But no matter how great the powers are, they don't define the superhero and make them great alone. It's the hero themselves that do that. And if they're able to get the job done that many times and still feel proud to protect those in need, then they are a damn good superhero! 

• Thumbs Up 4

Update

Aether%20Foundation_1.png

I’ll just say it. I’m not the biggest Pokemon fan. I’ve played a few games but I’ve never bought an actual game before. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have a problem with the series. It’s just that I never made a move due to being more interested in other games. I did play the demo for Sun and Moon and I can say that the game easily became a priority for me. I love how much it’s flipping the script on how Pokemon works and expands on their biology with Aloha variations. Also the mystery of the Ultra Beasts. 

But the thing I love the most are the designs of the characters. With every new entry, they improve with more creative designs that not only look cool but convey what they’re about. You look at Team Skull, you can not only tell they’re bad news but also that they work more like a street gang. You look at the Aether Foundation, you can tell that they’re trying to achieve a greater understanding. 

I drew the Aether Foundation first because they interest me a bit more than Team Skull. I feel like I know a lot of what Team Skull is about but the Aether Foundation still seems very enigmatic. We know that they are interested in the Ultra Beasts, curing hurt Pokemon and stopping Team Skull, but I can’t help but feel like there’s more to them. Pokemon games are usually more about the adventure than the story, but I feel that the player might butt heads with the Aether Foundation despite both having good intentions. 

Alright, time to explain some things that people might not even try to read! I know about UB-01, UB-02 Beauty and UB-02 Absorption. I also know that there are other Ultra Beasts but I started working on this way before the leaks came out. I have Beauty and Lusamine lined up like that because of their often compared designs. And I chose to draw Lusamine in that floating embracing pose because of the line she said about wanting to be like a mother onto all Pokemon and shower them with love. That line alone makes me wonder if there’s more here than meets the eye. I could be wrong but we’ll see…

• Thumbs Up 1

• 11 months later...

Update!

Alright! This is going to be a big'un. I haven't updated this topic for a while. Didn't see much purpose in doing so. But now, I've decided to update all the art I've done since the last one I've uploaded. If you're wondering what happened to my previous work, photobucket decided to be a real butt and locked embedding as a premium function. I've since switch to imgur so I might reupload those whenever I get the time. Don't expect it anytime soon. 

Anyway! Here are all of the artwork I've done post the Pokemon Aether Foundation fan art!

melonie___bust_shot_by_yoshiunity-damwup

An early bust drawing for Melonie. The main character of Feasts on Discovery. Still trying to iron the story out.

juri_vs_b_b__hood_by_yoshiunity-db0s521.

Juri vs B.B. Hood. Made for the Street Fighter vs Udon contest hosted by Udon. Wasn't chosen, though after learning a few things, I can see why. Was happy with the results then, not so much now.

tron_bonne_by_yoshiunity-db8ig6f.png

Tron Bonne. Made for Cutie Saturday on Twitter.

commission__dwibs_by_yoshiunity-db8igr5.

commission__jova_by_yoshiunity-db8igri.p

commission__pedro_by_yoshiunity-db8igs5.

commission__shiori_by_yoshiunity-db8igsm

commission__toriko_for_dark_star_by_yosh

commission__teoskaven_by_yoshiunity-db8i

Commissions for the team of S,C.R.W.M. They wanted their character in specific costumes and I was happy to oblige. 

new_title_and_logo_by_yoshiunity-db8ihsd

The new logo for Feasts on Discovery. Fromerly titled Fruits of Discovery.

melonie_final_design_by_yoshiunity-db8ii

Another Melonie concept.

ayame_by_yoshiunity-db8iica.png

Ayame from Power Stone. Made for Cutie Saturday.

ghost_trick_by_yoshiunity-db9550q.png

Sissel, Lynne and Kamila from Ghost Trick. You haven't played it and have a DS or 3DS? Play it!

DEMJ8cQV0AAWqdo.jpg

Melonie again. Close to final design. Yeah... thought up another one.

DEMJ8cQUAAEe1H2.jpg

Boisen from Feasts of Discovery. Close to final Design.

DEMJ8cQUQAEpd_2.jpg

Oli from Feasts on Discovery. Close to Final design.

arms_by_yoshiunity-dbasjm8.png

ARMS fanart. Possibly my most successful piece of artwork to date.

patricia_wagon_by_yoshiunity-dbcag0y.png

Patricia Wagon from Mighty Switch Force in her MSF2 uniform. Made for Cutie Saturday.

wonder_woman_by_yoshiunity-dbcxho8.png

Wonder Woman. Saw the movie in theaters. Wasn't disappointed.

pauline_by_yoshiunity-dbe149a.png

The 1-Up girl, Pauline! Really hyped for Super Mario Odyssey.

off_the_hook_by_yoshiunity-dbfjvk5.png

Marina and Pearl doing a Run the Jewels pose. Not familiar with Run the Jewels. They are many great rap songs, but they're also famous for all the hip-hop songs for Marvel shows and movies like Luke Cage and the upcoming Black Panther.

commission__omega_leandre_by_yoshiunity-

A commission from Teoskaven. He wanted me to draw is character in a new design, so I did. Had a ball! This was possibly the biggest turning point for my art style. 

crash_bandicoot_by_yoshiunity-dbnachu.pn

WOAH! I mean, Crash Bandicoot fan art.

yoshiunity_mock_comic_cover_by_yoshiunit

Mock comic cover of my avatar character.

shantae_vs_gigamermaid_by_yoshiunity-dbn

Fan art for one of the best bosses in Shantae: Half-Genie Hero: the Giga-Mermaid. 

kurtis_by_yoshiunity-dbpeq9k.png

Kurtis for Sean.

tiffany_by_yoshiunity-dbpeqg2.png

Tiffany for Dejimon.

dillon_s_rolling_western____the_dead_hea

Looking forward to Dead Heat Breakers (Dillon's Rolling Western 3?) Game's not even announced for the States yet and I couldn't wait.

the_candy_cornunity_by_yoshiunity-dbpzo2

I AM THE CANDY CORN! FEAR ME! HALLOWEEN COSTUME!

halloween_splatfest___vampires_vs_werewo

Fan art for the Halloween Splatfest: Vampire vs. Werewolves. Vampires won, woo! 

commission___wendingo_by_yoshiunity-dbqe

A commission for Peg-Leg Meg on Deviantart. It's one of her characters in their Wendigo form.

pun_pun_kill_chan_by_yoshiunity-dbql1tv.

Still watch Super Best Friends Play. For those not familiar with them, Matt is a big fan of the Punisher and made a Rule 63 character called Pun Pun Kill Chan. I've drew her before, but wanted another go in a better pose.

mech_pliot_game_night_at_the_scrapyard__

Hey, what does D.Va from Overwatch, Tron Bonne from Megaman Legends, Mechanica from ARMS and Jill from Drill Dozer have in common? They're in this piece of fan art! ...Oh! And they pilot mechs! Anyway, since I like all these characters, and they all seem to have a similar profession. I decided to draw them in a picture together. 

Doing what? Just playing a video game in crossplay multi-player. Crossplay that's so strong and advanced, that they can play against each other on consoles obsolete, current and non-existent! (Just roll with it.) If you look closely at D.Va's screen, you can slightly see them playing a multi-player version of that game D.Va plays in her Game On emote. If while D.Va's playing in her mech, Mechanica, Jill and Tron are all playing on consoles that are very important to them. 

And that's all of them for now!

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Nice Smile 1