Awoo.

Cutest moments in Sonic games

Ryan Brown

What, to you, would be considered the cutest moment in the series? Not cute as in "SUPAH KAWAII", but simple moments that bring a smile to your face...whether you like the game or not.

For me, it would have to be Sonic's rescue of Percival in Black Knight. ^_^

(For the moment, any pairing mentionings/arguments/rants/flames and I'll request a locking. Period. Show some sanity, please.)

Edited by Ryan the Game Master

Eggman's reminiscing of his childhood at the end of SA2 was rather touching in a way. He rarely opens up emotionally, much less to his enemies, and it really shows that behind the maniacal madman there's that impressionable little boy who looked up to and idolized his grandfather. This rare state of emotional vulnerability made me really sympathize with him, and definitely qualifies as one of those simple moments that brought a smile to my face.

For me (at the risk of sounding overly soft), it was the moment in Unleashed after the final boss where an exhausted Sonic almost falls into the lava. Chip/Gaia Colossus catches him, and decides to save Sonic while remaining inside.

"Sonic, you must... live..."

I'm not sure if Chip did that because he knew he couldn't have been saved, and only Sonic could, only one of them could live and Chip decided to sacrifice himself, or because he knew it was his destiny as Light Gaia to stay inside the Earth and be swallowed up, to be spawned again in the cycle.

Whichever way, it was touching - at least to me.

Edited by OvErLoRd Darkspine

ALL the balancing animations

SatSR - Sonic rescuing the king by shifting his foot 2 inches off a ledge catching him by his collar.

Sonic Adventure 1 - the beginning of Sky Deck. The post Sonic goes into when he gets shot onto when sliding down the side of the pipe right after being shot at it by a cannon is lulzy. Then he slides down.

Anything with Tikal

She was such a nice Echidna, just watching her concern for others and playing with the chao made my day. Also if I’m not mistaken, the origin of the Master Emerald chant is first heard through her, which I find awesome.

Also the Bond between Eggman and Tails in Sonic Chronicles is both Cute and Hilarious. Watching Sonic go to pieces over it was even better.

ALL the balancing animations

SatSR - Sonic rescuing the king by shifting his foot 2 inches off a ledge catching him by his collar.

Yeah, and he looked so...perturbed while he was at it, too.

King Shahryār: "I..I am the king! Must you be so rude?" :angry:

Sonic: "So-rry!" <_<

Priceless.

Sonic Adventure 1 - the beginning of Sky Deck. The post Sonic goes into when he gets shot onto when sliding down the side of the pipe right after being shot at it by a cannon is lulzy. Then he slides down.

Same thing happens with Tails and it's just as lulzy.

SonAmy in Chronicles - Amy was cute in Chronicles. Bioware can still do no wrong by me.

Charmy Bee in Shadow the Hedgehog - I found him annoying in Heroes, but I thought he was funny in his cutscenes and level appearance in SHtH.

And Chip when he offers people chocolate, although I think his Japanese voice is better for cuteness.

Edited by Badnikz

Oh wait, 06 had a balancing animation, but it sucked.

I think I'll have to add the first time my NiGHTS chao flew to me. Because they don't spin when they jump, I raise Chao as Tails and Eggman, so they were all madly in love with Eggman. I can understand NiGHTS being a neutral chao (makes sense), but shouldn't a Sonic Chao be a hero chao?

Most of my affection for Chao were quashed, though, when I realized that if I wanted to get into the hero garden, I would need a third chao. I had a NiGHTS chao and a Shadow Chao at this point, and I realized that I would shortly have a terrible fan fic on my hands.

Awww, the Chao are super cute, especially when they crawl around and make burbling sounds. X3 Then there's those moments when Chip pulls a chocolate bar out of his arse and says "Want some chocolate?", and I also thought Amy hugging Shadow was cute in SA2, mostly because Shadow didn't seem to mind it all. >w<

But I think the cutest one is that part in S3&K where Knuckles falls from that waterfall in Hydrocity. It's adorable, and just because his face is all like "OoO."

Oh wait, 06 had a balancing animation, but it sucked.

I think I'll have to add the first time my NiGHTS chao flew to me. Because they don't spin when they jump, I raise Chao as Tails and Eggman, so they were all madly in love with Eggman. I can understand NiGHTS being a neutral chao (makes sense), but shouldn't a Sonic Chao be a hero chao?

Most of my affection for Chao were quashed, though, when I realized that if I wanted to get into the hero garden, I would need a third chao. I had a NiGHTS chao and a Shadow Chao at this point, and I realized that I would shortly have a terrible fan fic on my hands.

Now that's lulzy. :D

I find a lot of things in the Sonic series cute. But then I am an adorer of cuteness.

Like Gabzie, I found the sound crawling baby Chao make in SA2 UBER adorable. "Ah boo boo!" ^-^

The photos in the credits of the 360 version of Sonic Unleashed could get very cute. Such as Sonic and Chip sitting on a railing in Apotos' hub eating their ice cream from the ice cream man, Werehog Sonic carrying quite a lot of Shamar's hub inhabitants across the top of both of his arms (He's strong 0_o), Sonic and Chip apparently practicing martial arts with Zonshen, Chun and Yillin and Sonic standing next to every hot dog vendor in the game waving with Chip next to him holding a Chili Dog.

The part in the first SatSR cutscene with the handkerchief's was rather cute. The look of surprise on Sonic's face when he asks for a few and gets swamped in a huge mound :lol: That part of the scene was quite cute come to think of it, especially in japanese because when Sonic sneezes, it just sounds cute. Sonic Team certainly seemed to make Sonic very Woobiefied in SatSR. Shahra's japanese voice is also cute throughout the game, it's quite unlike her english voice.

I little line of Maria's in Shadow the Hedgehog made me smile. I think it was in either 'The Doom' or 'Lost Impact'. When you go up to the part of the level that features two steep inclines, Maria will mention to Shadow how he loved running up and down them. I really think this implies how loose and joyous Shadow was before tragedy broke his heart.

The unlockable videos in Sonic Unleashed were very funny and very cute. At least Chip get's his revenge for Sonic laughing at him in the Chun-Nan one when he get's his head stuck in the vase by ultimately making the coconuts bean him in the skull. I LOL'd hard at Sonic's expression after the coconuts fell on his head, he looks as if he's had the sense momentarily knocked out of him. But the part at the end of the Adabat clip was the cutest, Chip getting lots of coconut water and sipping it out of every one of them with straws.

I honestly think it might have been Marine poking Sonic with a stick in Sonic Rush Adventure for me.

Marine in general is very cute, although I sometimes want to strangle her due to extreme Australianification, especially when she actually said "bonza". Granted, I don't know many Australians, but how many of them actually say "bonza"?

The interplay between Sonic and Amy in Chronicles is pretty cute too, not to mention anything with Tikal in it (including two player mode in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle).

Edited by Eon

The entire of Lost Impact. The level is awkwardly designed, but the setting is so awesome, and does the whole serious thing WELL.

Rouge and Knux in Meteor Herd, that was funny but cute, constant ship-tease.

Gamma's and Amy's stories in SA were also done very well.

There are more but I am blank at the moment.

Any scenes where Sonic and Tails affirm their friendship. Any scenes where Tails talks/thinks about how much he looks up to Sonic. Any scenes where Sonic and Tails poke light fun at each other and/or joke together (Chronicles and Rush Adventure have several of these). Basically, pretty much all scenes where Sonic and Tails are interacting more than fleetingly. I'm just a sucker for their best-friend relationship.

At the beginning of Unleashed when Chip was going ga-ga over the triple-fudge-whatchamacallit ice cream, all whilst Sonic was trying to show off how cool he is. Quite cute and a great defining moment for both characters I think. :P

I love the scene Unleashed when Amy doesn't recognize Sonic as the Werehog. It's funny to see them poke some humor at how she mistook Sonic's rivals for him and when she finally gets it right she doesn't even realize it.

Hmm, cutest moments? Let's see...

- in Sonic 06, that scene when Rouge tells Shadow she'll always stay with him

- also in Sonic 06, Silver's ending with Blaze disappearing and Silver staying alone... that was really touching

- in Sonic Adventure 2, when you whistle in the Chao Garden and your Chao comes to you with a heart above his head

- also in Sonic Adventure 2, when you die while playing as Shadow and he says "Maria...", I thought that was cute

- Tails swimming in Sonic 3.

-Sonic rescueing Blaze/Parcival in SATBK (I will keep all my pairing-comments away for not being kicked out of this thread)

-When Shadow "dies" in SA2. Was sad and good in some way

Most of the Unleashed cutscenes. Special mention to:

-When Sonic tried to look cool but Chip gets distracted with the supreme-whatever ice cream

-Chip offering chocolate to every new person

-Eggman being hit by a stone

-Before and after beating the Dark Phoenix (Chip stopping on Sonic's face and making him get angry was incredibly adorable to me XD)

-And I'm with almost-everyone ehere

...the Chaos were one of the most adorable things ever. just hear them made me giggle. Also, when they start doing something like sing, play an intrument or draw...just d'awwwwwww

-all the CGI animated shorts

-At the end when Eggman fails his kick and starts to chase his robot partner into the sunset.

---------------------

-After Metal Sonic's defeat in Sonic heroes and Sonic says "If you want a rematch, I will be waiting". It feels that at least he has some respect over his metalic copy

Edited by Viku