Awoo.

Homestuck

Carbo

Okay I'm editing this post like two hours after I originally posted since a lot has happened.

- Approximately 12:45 AM Eastern: Hussie uploads the flash to Newgrounds, Newgrounds promptly crashes.

- Approximately 1:30 AM Eastern: People who managed to watch the whole thing stream the animation. I watched it for the first time in a stream.

- 2:40 AM Eastern: Hussie says "screw it" and uploads the Flash to Megaupload, here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CG0O78QW

As for the flash itself... woah. Just freaking woah. Will post full thoughts tomorrow/today. Just suffice to say, it's 13+ minutes of epic. Absolutely worth the wait.

Happy 10/25.

Edited by Spin

It broke Newgrounds.

I've seen 10+ minute videos on Newgrounds before.

Excuse me, while I go build a house with these mysterious bricks that have appeared in my seat.

NOOOOOOOOOO

DON'T END! WHAT. HAPPENS. NEXT?

Edited by PHaNTOS

I'm trying to swallow the brevity of these 13 minutes and exactly what the implications were, but as far as mindfucks go, Hussie has outdone himself. I seriously should have spent those weeks of hiatus backtracking the hell out of the comic.

What I do figure is that, all the Exiles are now dead, except for the Peregrine Mendicant/Prospitian Monarch who has now turned to uh... Bec Mendicant/Monarch? If I'm not mistaken, this is supposed to tie in with the fact that the White Queen had entrusted her with the position to rebuilding the Prospitian kingdom and bringing Jack to justice. Dave and Rose has ascended to God Tiers through the same method as Aradia, Bec Noir helped Jade ascend into God Tiers after the meteorite struck down killing her which as a result flings the 8-ball with the Universe Frog into the volcano, the scratch has commenced, the tumor has blown up, Spades Slick murdered Snowman, effectively killing Doc Scratch, along with Alternia's universe (potentially also triggering Lord English). The session is rebooted and now everyone alive is being brought together, with the help of Jade's new powers and Sollux's psychic abilities, into a singular existence.

Fuck me, shit is on now. This was an update worth waiting for. I still can't fathom how Hussie made a 55 megabyte flash that managed to even break Newgrounds. Astounding.

So. Did anyone notice that they CREATED the Green Sun and didn't destroy it? Scratch was playing everyone for a fool from the beginning. Hence why he told Gamzee that they were all "S u c k e r s."

Also: New album. Homestuck Volume 8. It's huge.

Edited by Spin

I have this feeling that, in the end, the final boss is indeed gonna be Lord English. At this point, Jade may well have the power to completely WRECK Jack, since she has the power of the First Guardian AND godhood.

Hopefully, it won't be nearly as drawn-out as the final boss of Problem Sleuth was. Jesus, that one took half the damn comic to finish.

Edited by Masaru Daimon
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have this feeling that, in the end, the final boss is indeed gonna be Lord English. At this point, Jade may well have the power to completely WRECK Jack, since she has the power of the First Guardian AND godhood.

Hopefully, it won't be nearly as drawn-out as the final boss of Problem Sleuth was. Jesus, that one took half the damn comic to finish.

True, true.

inb4 final boss fight Inu Jade vs Lord English is a feature length flash

Holy balls the flash was awesome. 14 minutes of my jaw hitting the floor. 3 god tiers, most of the exiles dead, PM with the ring, Jade being several kinds of awesome, the green sun...Hussie always outdoes himself.

Edited by Sean

Hussie's given us a bit of behind-the-scenes on the animation, both technical and story-related:

http://mspandrew.tum...out-eoa5-part-1

http://mspandrew.tum...out-eoa5-part-2

http://mspandrew.tum...out-eoa5-part-3

http://mspandrew.tum...out-eoa5-part-4

Pretty long reads, but interesting nonetheless.

Also Hussie has said that there's gonna be a little downtime before Act 6. He's shooting for 11/11/11 to start the act, and updates will (finally) resume their normal pace. In the meantime he's planning to do a short intermission. About what you may ask? ... Who knows.

Edited by Spin

UPDATE!

Lord English has been revealed!

Damn, he's one scary looking guy.

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

Doc Scratch was created from Cal.

Lord English was born from Scratch's remains, possibly reincarnation.

Lord English IS Cal.

I guess you could say that Doc Scratch...

*sunglasses*

... Was an excellent host.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Edited by Spin

I wonder if English is always Cal, or if he manifests as whatever was used to make Scratch in that universe.

edit: Also: t1ck t0ck 8r8k h34ds honk HONK

Edited by Diogenes

• 2 weeks later...

That is made hilariously apparent.

Jade Crocker seems to be a fusion of all the original characters. And honestly, I thought she was Jade Harley with glasses.

Also:

>Jade Crocker

>Crocker

FFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS

I'm not the only one to think of this, right?

I'm pretty sure Jane is just a teenage Nanna, actually. And we've seen her before! Don't forget she was adopted by Sassacre and the Batterwitch in the pre-scratch session... hence why her last name is Crocker. And look at the poster on the door... SBURB IS MADE BY BETTY CROCKER. We also see Liv Tyler being made by J, Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff THE MOIVE (post-scratch Dave is a movie director?) and many other callbacks.

The most mysterious thing of all is perhaps the terminal at the end of the flash, with the symbol for Mercury at the top. With Alternian text reading "Click ==> to continue". And then we see a gray hand reaching to press the ==> button... do we have a 13th troll on our hands?

Edited by Spin

Yeah, I instantly thought of Nanna too as soon as I saw Jane.

Anyways, interesting update today, I can't wait to see where this goes.

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

Man. It's so weird have two updates in under 12 hours. After how long we've waited for the EOA5, Intermission 2, and Act 6, the normal pace is gonna be dizzying.

ANYWAY. Post-Scratch kid #2 has been revealed, and his name is Jake English. ENGLISH.

If that wasn't enough wtf for you, his bedsheets have LUSII on them. Y'know, the troll guardian things? Not to mention Jane's intro page said she'll be "the only one of your kind" to play the Sburb release. Let the speculation commence...

Edited by Spin

"you'd give your RIGHT LEG"

lol english

Oh, and his Indiana Jones picture has English's face scribbled on it.

Edited by PHaNTOS