Awoo.

Homestuck

Carbo

-Turns out Roxy and Dirk live years in the future (but not many), on a flooded Condesce-controlled Earth, as per the theory that's been floating around.

Kinda peeved that people hit the nail on the head simply by recycling a ridiculous theory they used to have about Jade. But the future world is very interesting, I'll admit.

-Jake's doing something in the frog temple. Who knows what's up with him.

Retrieving the bunny's weapons from the Time Capsule, presumably. Unless you meant something else?

Unrelated but I'm reading through again and I keep coming back to the Horrorterrors. Like, what their deal is. Early on they were guiding Rose and it seemed like they weren't evil in spite of being Lovecraftian horrors, and they needed help because something was killing them. But then Rose asked the cue ball if they were evil, and whatever it is sent her off the deep dark grimdark end, which I can only imagine means the answer was some form of "yes". So what's killing them (if anything?) and why do we care? And then I remember the Horrorterrors create the dream bubbles, and I start wondering what happens to them when the Horrorterrors are dead, or what you could do with them that living Horrorterrors would prevent. And then I start wondering if maybe the very people they asked for help are the ones killing them.

...it's probably just Jack, tho'.

I remember Hussie drawing an analogy on his tumblr between Skipper Plumbthroat and Lord English, with the peg leg, and the Squiddles and the Horrorterrors. The implication was that Lord English was responsible for their massacre. And yet, if that's true, why do they tolerate his code running on one of their Furthest Ring servers?

Kinda peeved that people hit the nail on the head simply by recycling a ridiculous theory they used to have about Jade.
Well there was actually a fair amount of evidence behind it. Dirk and Roxy have used troll terminology a few times, Dirk used the term "antediluvian" ("before the deluge"), Roxy instantly pegged not-Mindfang as an alien from Jake's description...even if it was reused, it wasn't without good reason. And hell, the way Hussie operates I wouldn't be surprised if the old theory is why this happened at all.

Retrieving the bunny's weapons from the Time Capsule, presumably. Unless you meant something else?
Oh right, I forgot that was a thing.

Well now, it's just Roxy and Dirk who live in the future? I'm going to need to rewatch the flash.

I was under the impression it was all of them.

Well now, it's just Roxy and Dirk who live in the future? I'm going to need to rewatch the flash.

I was under the impression it was all of them.

If they all lived in the future, wouldn't it just be the present?

kohikki asked you:

Dear Mister Andrew Hussie Sir, Will we ever see Spades Slick again? Is he okay? I will spend countless nights up, worried about him.

I am nursing him back to health in my house, like a baby bird that fell from its nest too young.

Canon.

SPADES SLICK LIVES! YES!

Holy crap, he's a mess... No surprise there, though.

LORD ENGLISH!!!!

Oooohhh crap... I think Ms. Paint's in trouble... ;_;

Oh FUCK

This is gonna get bad fast. I can tell someone's pissed after being shaken to death.

Well I certainly did not expect that. I guess maybe Slick is going to have his chance at English after all? If he can get out of bed...or at least if English wanders into stabbing range.

I kind of wonder how English is going to fit into things. None of the characters even know he is a thing, aside from Rose I guess, since Scratch mentioned the whole deal with him dying to summon his evil master thing in one of their conversations, but that's probably the last thing on her mind. And Intermission 2 made a big deal of his appearance (which is justified for the reveal, at least), but he was summoned into...

...I was going to say "the A2 universe, which I can't imagine being directly relevant given that it's been destroyed and everything's already happened in it", but Scratch's building was in the Green Sun at the time. Could that be relevant? Like, he can still go back in time and do his usual "already here" stuff, but the particularly unique circumstances leave him a way out of the universe at its chronological end? So he can go fuck up shit without the whole summoning thing?

I dunno there's still the whole Jake English thing, but B2 doesn't seem to have a Doc Scratch (unless GCat is actually Cat Scratch (wait fuck)) so I'm not sure how he'd be summoned into B2, and even if he was, everyone's heading for the new game session and leaving Earth behind so I'm not sure how relevant he'd be (though the same could be the same for the Condesce so maybe everyone's going to head back to Earth?).

Well, both the Condesce and, presumably, Jade were serving Lord English's interests in the B2 universe, and I doubt the former's interference in that universe's Sburb session has nothing to do with English either. I assume that his true plan is so large that we can't yet see the whole of it, especially given that we don't actually know what Lord English even does. But I believe there's a theory that, just as the Condesce replaced the Black Queen in this session, so too would Lord English have replaced the Black King, probably as part of some plan to seize Skaia's power to enhance his own. So that might be a way of anticipating him being worked in. Similarly, the detail about the B2 session being blacked out seems to exist solely to block the knowledge of omniscient manipulators like Doc Scratch, so I wouldn't rule out him existing. It seems to me that there's every possibility that First Guardians could be created outside of Sburb - the machinery seems to be fairly simple. So the B2 universe could have both GCat and a Doc Scratch, one of them having been created by outside agents copying the mechanisms from the Frog Temple.

Oh hey! It's Feferi and Eridan! And they're god tiers!

(AND WAYWARD VAGABOND'S GONNA BE OKAY!!! YAY!!! =D)

Edited by Wayward Vagabond

Glad to see WV is gonna live.

Also, the stuff Karkat is saying is kind of fucked up, when he puts it like that. I mean, yeah, when someone makes an irreprable mistake I can see that causing the need for a new timeline, but when you just aren't working under the somewhat arbitrary rules of what you're "supposed" to do, that is kind of messed up.

DAVE: oh ok there it goes

DAVE: two hot revitalizing cups of shitty coffee

DAVE: fresh out of the weird pod

The Instant Revitalizing Device makes revitalizing cups of coffee.

I have a new headcanon for Earthbound games now.

Edited by Phantomime

Nothing like a fresh, new Homestuck music video to brighten up my da- HEY WAIT A MINUTE.

Edited by Silva Rymes
  • Thumbs Up 1

JADE: where did you even get this?

JOHN: years ago i found it in a store on the bargain rack.

JOHN: it was only a dollar! isn't that awesome?

JADE: :|

I think we all know someone who's like that, Jade.

We ALL do.

Edited by Phantomime
  • Thumbs Up 3