Awoo.

Unleashed 2..

Daisoku

See, the magazine my dad gets every month(OXM/Official Xbox Magazine) had a small snippet in it.

And can you guess what it said?

"...said that 'the werehog will return'."

They are referring to the CEO of Sonic Team (I think. I'm just doing this from vague memory).

Are you looking forward to this, or not?

IMO he was a cool oneshot...But a recurring character?

IIRC, in that interview, didn't the guy just say the return of the werehog was a possibility they were considering?

He definately said he will return.

I'll go get a picture.

EDITTTT: I HAS IT. It doesn't look too good because I used the panorama option on my phone so the text was readable.

post-509-1239562030_thumb.jpg

Edited by Daisoku

Yeah, but there's still the possibility that the magazine misinterpreted what he said.

I mean, given the almost unanimous negative reception the werehog got, it'd be a bit of a bad idea to have him return, wouldn't it? Also, his appearance was pretty context-sensitive in terms of Dark Gaia. So bringing him back would require some massive BS plot device. D=

Actually, I'm kinda iffy about this. I liked the werehog and all but unless they give him a massive amount of combos and the hog engine can run better, I just dont see the sequel selling very well. Now what really makes me wonder is how will he return if DG and LG are gone. DG and eggy are the ones who bitchslapped him into a werehog. So...?

Didn't we all come to a conclusion, like over two and a quarter months ago, that this was extremely, terrible,and badly translated?

Was it?

I wasn't here 2 1/4 months ago. :(

Basically, just reading that translated interview, you could tell that it wasn't translated that well.

Seems like it was just a bad extraction from the interview to gain people's attention. He actually says something like "If there is an Unleashed 2, the Werehog will most definitely return, but if there isn't he probably won't"

Even though this was a misinterpretation, if the Werehog does return, I hope it's limited to a multiplayer mode of some kind (battle or something like that). If we have another game with the Werehog as a major part of the story and gameplay, then...

If the Werehog returns, doesn't that mean that Dark Gaia and Chip return? Dark Gaia was the reason that sonic transformed after all.

Actually, not necessarily. Dark Gaia's power is clearly linked to the Chaos Emeralds. The Werehog could easily fit in with being directly related to the negative energies of the emeralds, as opposed to Dark Gaia itself. Even so, Dark Gaia is related to Darkness, or Night, of course. Just because Dark Gaia is sleeping doesn't mean its power isn't lurking around anymore.

I definitely don't see Dark Gaia appearing ever again, but it might be referenced. Chip won't appear again except perhaps in spinoffs.

Wait, what about the storybook series? Could a horror tale be coming up next?

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?

I loved Sonic Unleashed, IMO that's the best recent Sonic game along with the Rush series and the Rivals series. I didn't really like the werehog though. I don't think the werehog should return.

I wouldn't mind if they mixed up the gameplay a bit and focused more on fast paced platforming. Of course, I liked him because he was a one shot. But hey, it was either a new character or Werehog, I would take Werehog anyday. Of course it won't stop the internet from whining like idiots. I would half agree with them though, as I would imagine what Unleashed could have been with more time devoted to Sonic's day time stuff rather than split for the Werehog.

But this is probably a mixup of quotes.

Edited by Rauzaruke

I think they should keep the day time stages of unleashed only (although not "day time" specifically), and add shadow as a second character to the story, focusing on sightly different abilities of Shadow to traverse the stages designed for him. Although many people dislike the character of Shadow, i think this could work well as Shadow is equal to Sonic speed and would produce very similar gameplay, although differing slightly. I think they should also bring back the realtime idea they had way back in Sonic 2006 before being dumped in the final product.

Id rather have Shadow anyday than the werehog..

Edited by mArK

While I was none too fond of the concept, I will say that I am glad that Sonic Team is actually sticking to an idea and trying to improve it for once rather than just moving on to something else entirely.

They did that for Sonic '06, though, right? Trying to "redefine Sonic for the next generation". And look how that turned out.

Unless you're talking about all the side activities (e.g., guns), not the actual Sonic gameplay. In that case, they've already done that with Riders and ZG.

Unless you're talking about all the side activities (e.g., guns), not the actual Sonic gameplay. In that case, they've already done that with Riders and ZG.
The Riders games were spinoffs, so they don't count. Even so, the ZG was heavily altered from its own original formula, so it doesn't count either way.

I'm just saying look at the games. They went from basic platforming to multiple modes of gameplay back to basic platforming (with three characters at once) to """"optional"""" gunplay to... whatever the hell 06 was to God of War meets F-Zero. There's hardly any consistency.