Awoo.

Anarchy Reigns (PS3, Xbox 360)

Detective Shadzter

Max-Anarchy-Reveal-Scan.jpg

Famitsu has revealed Platinum Games' new online combat game published by SEGA called Max Anarchy. Little is known about the game right now, apart from the fact that Jack from Platinum Games' Wii exclusive title Madworld returns in full colour and it's an online game. The game's due out on PS3 and Xbox 360 later this year. Check out the screens in the scans above.

Source:

SEGA Bits

UPDATE: The game is known as Anarchy Reigns in Europe and North America.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/first_screens_of_the_new_title_from_platinum_games.html

• Thumbs Up 1

that it's an online game

When you say online, do you mean "internet competitive based gameplay" or a DL only release?

(or do we not know that yet)

Either way, its nice to see Jack again. Not only am I a bit surprised to see his ugly mug again, but he upped the anti on us and made a console jump while he was at it. I think its safe to assume that this game will follow in MadWorld's uber violent footsteps.

When you say online, do you mean "internet competitive based gameplay" or a DL only release?

(or do we not know that yet)

Either way, its nice to see Jack again. Not only am I a bit surprised to see his ugly mug again, but he upped the anti on us and made a console jump while he was at it. I think its safe to assume that this game will follow in MadWorld's uber violent footsteps.

Every news source seems to be referring to it as an online multiplayer game. We won't know anything specific until someone can translate the article and interview in the magazine or SEGA releases information/media. I can imagine online competitive multiplayer Madworld style would be fun, but I'd like a campaign too. If it's some weird MMO type deal, then I'm out.

Hot damn my boy Jack is back in another violent game by Platinum. So can I just mail them my $60 now?

Platinum's definitely among my favorite developers, alongside Retro Studios and Valve, but I'm honestly a bit skeptical on this one. What multiplayer games don't need in good AI, they need in balance and Platinum has never made a game with competitive multiplayer yet (Viewtiful Joe Hot Red Rumble not withstanding, but that wasn't exactly centered around it anyway.) Hell, they event tried to avoid it for Vanquish. It's not that I don't think they'll do a good job, but where single-player can stand out for just being good and unique, only the best multiplayer games stay alive for a while. They have to remain strong and fun after a hundred games. Even some of the most solid multiplayer games can't pull that off; look at what happened to Shattered Horizon.

Besides, what I love about Platinum Games is their stories and just generally outrageous atmosphere, mixing elements of both Japanese and Western gaming experiences. I can't fully judge it by the screenshot, but this one honestly looks like it might just be aping the western style now, which is pretty common practice for Japan now, if Quantum Theory, Resident Evil 4 and 5 and Binary Domain are any indication.

Edited by SuperStingray

This project is said to have been in the works for 2 years now, through trial and error. Inaba describes Max Anarchy as a ‘fighting game’, one in which you could be fighting it out with another user, and someone else could come out of nowhere and fight you from behind.

Demon's Anarchy? :3

The game is said to also pack a solid, well-told story when played offline. Online won’t be all fighting, it will also have a co-op mode along with free-for-all.

Online campaign coop in a Platinum game? Consider me tentatively interested.

• Thumbs Up 1

More info, screenshots and a name change for Europe and North America

SEGA has revealed details on upcoming third-person multiplayer brawler, Anarchy Reigns, the next title from Bayonetta and Vanquish developer Platinum Games.

Platinum Games hopes to challenge the boundaries of the conventional brawler genre by allowing multiple players to get involved simultaneously. We're told to expect a diverse range of multiplayer modes, providing players with different challenges, including Tag Team battles and Battle Royal.

"SEGA are delighted to continue our collaboration with Platinum Games, one of the most creative and critically acclaimed developers in the world," said Gary Knight, senior vice president of marketing of SEGA West. "Anarchy Reigns is set to offer gamers a fresh multiplayer experience with the quality and innovation Platinum Games are renowned for."

Anarchy Reigns will be released this autumn on Xbox 360 and PS3.

VideoGamer.com Analysis

Given Platinum Games' focus on the single-player experience in previous titles, it will be interesting to see how successfully it can turn its hand to multiplayer.

Source:

http://www.videogamer.com/news/first_screens_of_the_new_title_from_platinum_games.html

Screenshots:

anarchy_reigns_3.jpg

anarchy_reigns_2.jpg

anarchy_reigns_1.jpg

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/anarchy_reigns/screenshots.html

The four game deal is over, so I have to wonder if Sega is going to buy Platinum? It certainly wouldn't be a bad move on their part.

The four game deal is over, so I have to wonder if Sega is going to buy Platinum? It certainly wouldn't be a bad move on their part.

Actually the four game deal would have ended after Vanquish(everyone forgets their DS RPG Infinite Space) so this game confirms that the partnership was extended somehow.

Holy crap, I only saw three images of the game and I want to play it already...

Oh, by the way:

anarchy_reigns_2.jpg

Nice ass. :D

• Thumbs Up 3

SEGA announced in December that they've extended the deal with Platinum Games, and BatGuy is right, the original four game deal ended with Vanquish.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6285378.html

Why are the graphics so poor? The characters aren't even casting shadows.

And I hope Bayonetta makes an appearance.

Actually the four game deal would have ended after Vanquish(everyone forgets their DS RPG Infinite Space) so this game confirms that the partnership was extended somehow.

I know about Infinite Space, I was just curious as to why there was a fifth.

And I hope Bayonetta makes an appearance.

If they mentioned Jack, I'm pretty sure they would've mentioned Bayonetta too if she was in it.

Also, how does Platinum make such good games so fast? There's never more than a year's gap between their releases.

Edited by SuperStingray

Looks pretty fucking sick so far, but with all that weight put into the fighting I have to wonder how it'll translate into an online deathmatch scenario.

Can't wait to see what Platinum has in store.

Yet another trailer, this time introducing Big Bull

Screens, bio, art and concept art of Big Bull:

http://blogs.sega.com/europe/2011/02/03/bigbull/?age-restrict-cookies=1#more-3178

Screens, bio, art and concept art of Sasha:

http://blogs.sega.com/europe/2011/02/02/sasha/#more-3165

Screens, bio, art and concept art of Zero:

http://blogs.sega.com/europe/2011/02/01/anarchy-reigns-new-trailerconcept-art-zero/

So this is pretty much Devil May Cry Online, huh?

Well, they just robbed me of a good $50 by that relation alone. :lol:

Why do I get the feeling that Zero and Sasha are from other Platinum/Clover games as well. They just seem so random.