Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

If nVidia can drive the price of Tegra 2-powered superphones and PMPs into the floor before Sony brings this beast to the market, then it's pretty much a dead duck from a performance and features standpoint - the only thing that can save the Vita if the latest Android devices become cheaper will be its software library, and looking at the current confirmed launch line-up and comparing it to the extensive array of fantastic games and apps that will be available on Tegra Zone and the Android Market by winter, I'd say that the winner of the battle on the software side of things will be anyone's guess.

Sony should, however, treat Android and the Tegra series chips (set to become ever more advanced as time goes on, with a design upgrade planned to occur on a yearly basis) as threats just as massive as Nintendo's 3DS; with the power of modern smartphones rivalling those of handheld consoles and boasting infinitely expandable software (you don't have to mod an Android device to run emulators on it, for example) to boot, Sony would be foolish to underestimate Android's potential future hold on the portable gaming market - doing so could well bring about their downfall.

• Thumbs Up 2

If nVidia can drive the price of Tegra 2-powered superphones and PMPs into the floor before Sony brings this beast to the market, then it's pretty much a dead duck from a performance and features standpoint - the only thing that can save the Vita if the latest Android devices become cheaper will be its software library, and looking at the current confirmed launch line-up and comparing it to the extensive array of fantastic games and apps that will be available on Tegra Zone and the Android Market by winter, I'd say that the winner of the battle on the software side of things will be anyone's guess.

Sony should, however, treat Android and the Tegra series chips (set to become ever more advanced as time goes on, with a design upgrade planned to occur on a yearly basis) as threats just as massive as Nintendo's 3DS; with the power of modern smartphones rivalling those of handheld consoles and boasting infinitely expandable software (you don't have to mod an Android device to run emulators on it, for example) to boot, Sony would be foolish to underestimate Android's potential future hold on the portable gaming market - doing so could well bring about their downfall.

Don't Sony already have this covered though?

They have their own set of smartphones, the Xperia Play and the Playstation Suite on Google's Android Market. Surely, they'll be making some amount of money regardless of how well the Vita sells. I also heard rumours about the Vita itself having some link to Android Market via the Playstation Suite.

Well, in any case, Sony having arms in the dedicated gaming portables as well as smart-phones means they have most bases covered.

• Thumbs Up 2

Disgaea 4 character art animations? That's awesome. The two new characters look boring though, they feel pretty generic by NIS standards.

That aside I'm not that hyped. I've spent over 200 hours on Disgaea 3 already as it is and I'm still not done with the post game. In between that and Disgaea 4 I don't really look forward to re-buying the one game I've possibly invested the most game play time of any game I've ever played, which is sort of sad since as far as PS Vita titles goes this is probably the only title so far I'd get for the system if I had one.

I'm right with you PSI Fire, I'll gladly bend over an.... perhaps I'm taking it far with this. Whatever the case, if NISA releases this as a launch title, I'll have a nerdsplosion.

Hayes: Sega to have two launch titles at Vita launch

http://www.vg247.com...at-vita-launch/

Cool! We know Virtua Tennis 4 is going to be available at launch. I wonder what the other title(s) will be.

Yeah. I hope for brand new Sonic game (after all 3DS get ist game this year) oh and ability to play SA1 and SA2 (after PSN relase) on Vita (kinda like Ruin that you can play on PS3 then copy your save on Vita and play it on go)

TRAILERS! TRAILERS EVERYWHERE! :U (Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048, Little Big Planet and then some!)

http://www.youtube.c...t=UUsGgxHpecvxc

Trailers! I'm overstocked on trailers! All must go, and for just one click of the link, The PSVita Youtube channel is practically just giving them away! :U

Edited by Worlds Greatest YoshiUnity

They still haven't uploaded a proper version of the Escape Plan trailer, shame. It looks like a really cool mix of Lemmings and Oddworld mechanics, with the guiding characters through trapped rooms deal.

I am also sad that the best third party Vita game didn't get any showing, but considering Vanillaware is japanese, there's a good chance we'll face death by snu-snu this TGS.

Oh dear, theres been a leak!

What looks to be the PSV's web browser and the MP3 player.

webssssite.png

ps-vita-music-player-and-browser.png

Also the images show that the Vita appears to come with Flash built in as the EU website uses a lot of flash and the Vita is able to display these images.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear, theres been a leak!

What looks to be the PSV's web browser and the MP3 player.

webssssite.png

ps-vita-music-player-and-browser.png

Also the images show that the Vita appears to come with Flash built in as the EU website uses a lot of flash and the Vita is able to display these images.

Just read it and it says that we can take screenshots from games we play. If its true than add function to let us record durning game and we have win.

The possibility to take screens is pretty cool, other than that, the features are neither surprising or anything special.

Am I the only one who hopes that the Vita will have a worldwide launch date in 2012, complete with a good number of launch games? If they have to delay it to have a bunch of games at launch, then I don't mind.

Edited by Ananze

If they continuing delaying it, than that works out for me. My gf, my friend and myself are saving change in the same piggy bank ( and this thing is huge) and when we fill it up we are all going to buy Vitas lol. If we can't save the proper amount before hand, we're going to take the money and all reserve our own copies, least this way we are good

Edited by LunarEdge
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not sure if anyone has seen this video:

This game looks stunning, visually. The gameplay also looks pretty solid, and innovative.

Also, dat screen. Seriously gorgeous screen.

• Thumbs Up 2

Banana Blitz was hard.. :-/

While Monkey Ball coming to Vita is cool, it's still not enough to convince me to buy one.