Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

I really don't know, man. I don't see how a Super PSP with touch screens is more thought out than a Super DS with 3D. They're both doing what they knew worked before, plus adding some new gimmick.

If nothing else, Sony seems to have put some thought into the PSP2 (that dumb shit with AT&T notwithstanding) rather than just dumping the thing on the market and expecting it to sell simply because it exists.

You'd think that with all the money that Nintendo made with the DS, Nintendo would be capable of making a handheld with graphics just as powerful, if not, even more powerful, than the Vita's. That way developers would probably be much more willing to make more impressive games for the system. Don't get me wrong, the 3DS is strong enough, but not strong enough for developers to actually want to make games that aren't just shovelware or ports.

Ehh, that's not really the problem.

I really don't know, man. I don't see how a Super PSP with touch screens is more thought out than a Super DS with 3D. They're both doing what they knew worked before, plus adding some new gimmick.

I'm not talking in terms of hardware.

You'd think that with all the money that Nintendo made with the DS, Nintendo would be capable of making a handheld with graphics just as powerful, if not, even more powerful, than the Vita's. That way developers would probably be much more willing to make more impressive games for the system. Don't get me wrong, the 3DS is strong enough, but not strong enough for developers to actually want to make games that aren't just shovelware or ports.

That doesn't make any sense. PSP was the stronger of the 2 last time and it was port city. The increased strength of both of them makes them port magnets, just of different games.

That doesn't make any sense. PSP was the stronger of the 2 last time and it was port city. The increased strength of both of them makes them port magnets, just of different games.

I was more so referring to ports of games from previous generations, or putting small games that probably should be downloadable titles on retail.

Really, We're arguing which handheld is better again? Can't we like... I dunno, agree to disagree? Each one has their pros and their cons, now let's focus on some damn games. Gravity Daze looks sick...

Really, We're arguing which handheld is better again? Can't we like... I dunno, agree to disagree? Each one has their pros and their cons, now let's focus on some damn games. Gravity Daze looks sick...

If you read my post, I was saying that I think that the 3DS and the Vita have a lot of worthwhile titles coming to them. But like every system, they have their flaws, and none of us ever stated that they're mediocore systems. Plus, none of us are arguing. lol

Edited by SuperClassic

If you read my post, I was saying that I think that the 3DS has a lot of worthwhile titles coming to it. But like every system, it has its flaws, and none of us ever stated that it makes it a bad system. Plus, none of us are arguing. lol

Wasn't really referring to your post. But the last couple pages in general were leading to an argument.

Of course I do. Why wouldn't I?

Because you might not have already dropped your cash on the 3DS yet. OR you're interested in the titles the Vita has coming out.

The only difference between the Vita and the 3DS this generation, is the fact that the 3DS has Nintendo IP's on it, and the Vita has Sony IP's on it. Niether console is really that much better than the other (unless you're talking about harware, in which case there is no contest).

If you like Mario, Zelda and the rest of Nintendo's IPs, then get the 3DS. If you're interested in LBP, Uncharted and the rest of Sony's IP's (plus a few New IPs) then get the Vita. It really isn't that big a deal.

Also No Region Free, is brilliant. Thank you for not pulling a Nitnendo.

I took MGS3D off my list the day they scrapped the naked sample and decided to give us a half assed PS2 port instead. No thanks Konami. I don't think playing in 3D and custom camouflage is anywhere close to equaling the value of the trilogy collection.

^ What do you mean?

Because you might not have already dropped your cash on the 3DS yet. OR you're interested in the titles the Vita has coming out.

I already have a 3DS and no I'm not.

I'm going to get this on PS3, though, mainly for Peace Walker. No need to get it on Vita, then, and the 3DS version has some changes that give me a reason to buy it.

Why wouldn't you, or why wouldn't someone else?

Myself, of course.

No need to get it on Vita, then, and the 3DS version has some changes that give me a reason to buy it.

And will probably be the inferior game, yet cost the same.

Myself, of course.

So it was rhetorical.

Edited by Tornado

^ What do you mean?

We were originally going to get a complete remake with updated visuals and the like. They scrapped that and just decided to port the PS2 version. Why would I bother getting that when I can get a collection of three games (MGS2, MGS3, MGSPW) for around the same price?

And will probably be the inferior game, yet cost the same.

Maybe, but it has some already announced changes and seeiing as it's coming next year, maybe more.. Those are what I'm interestd in. I don't know if it will cost the same.

So it was rhetorical.

Yes.

We were originally going to get a complete remake with updated visuals and the like. They scrapped that and just decided to port the PS2 version. Why would I bother getting that when I can get a collection of three games (MGS2, MGS3, MGSPW) for around the same price?

When did this happen?

Edited by MarcelloF

When did this happen?

Which thing? When the game was first announced it was obvious that it was completely new graphics. The characters models were much better, the environment detail, etc. It was called the Naked Sample I believe. Then at this years E3 (I think) they showed it's now just a port of the PS2 game with 3D and custom camouflage being the only things (I can remember) that are added from the original. This years E3 (again, I think) they also announced the MGS HD collection for the PS3. The collection includes MGS 2, MGS 3, and MGS PW. These games (MGS3D and MGS collection) are going to sell for about the same price so why would I bother with a port of a single game when I can get 3 games for the price of one?

Edit: Also it seems the collection is coming to the Vita. It makes the MGS3D port seem to be a horrible value. They should have scrapped it and released the collection on the 3DS also instead.

Edited by speedfreak
  • Thumbs Up 1

(unless you're talking about harware, in which case there is no contest).

Obviously itz teh 3DS meng! I mean, ITZ FALKING 3D!!! How otfen doez a porteble haz 3D!!??

Edited by Edward_Elric

Which thing? When the game was first announced it was obvious that it was completely new graphics. The characters models were much better, the environment detail, etc. It was called the Naked Sample I believe. Then at this years E3 (I think) they showed it's now just a port of the PS2 game with 3D and custom camouflage being the only things (I can remember) that are added from the original. This years E3 (again, I think) they also announced the MGS HD collection for the PS3. The collection includes MGS 2, MGS 3, and MGS PW. These games (MGS3D and MGS collection) are going to sell for about the same price so why would I bother with a port of a single game when I can get 3 games for the price of one?

Edit: Also it seems the collection is coming to the Vita. It makes the MGS3D port seem to be a horrible value. They should have scrapped it and released the collection on the 3DS also instead.

The only actual "improvements" are motion controls, 3D, and a map on the bottom screen. So yeah, 3DS owners are obviously getting the short end of the stick. But there's a reason really, I think that compressed versions of MGS2, 3, and PW could all fit on a 3DS cartridge. But I don't think that the 3DS could run such a big game at a decent framerate with the RAM it has. And yes, it's coming to the Vita, that's sort of how this conversation was brought up. lol

Edited by SuperClassic

http://playstationfans.com/home/ps-vita-package-and-accessories-details/

This is PS Vita system box. Have you see there are 2 box and one of them happen to have a red logo.The one on the left is the 3G model, the 3G model will have a bright red logo of DoCoMo on it.

110915arai001_cs1e1_480x.jpg

Ps Vita games case

A poster what the Vita cards and game case will looks like

110915arai002_cs1e1_480x.jpg

PS Vita Memory Card

Vita’s Memory Price launching date

4GB Memory = 2200 yen which = 29$ in USA

8GB Memory = 3200 yen which = 42$ in USA

16GB Memory = 5500 yen which = 72$ in USA

32GB Memory = 9500 yen which = 124$ in USA

110915arai003_cs1e1_480x.jpg

Card case

People question me what is that and what does that do well people, this right here its vita games and memory card case

Can hold up 8 games card of ps vita and can store two copies of PSV memory card

110915arai004_cs1e1_480x.jpg

Ps Vita, Battery/Charger & Adapter

The one in the middle is PSVita External battery’s

110915arai005_cs1e1_480x.jpg

PS Vita Screen protector

This right here its the screen protector, you gonna need it if you want your PS Vita screen to stay all beauty and shinning

110915arai006_cs1e1_x480.jpg

PS Vita Pouches

Unless you about to go campaign or travel , you going to need that. This right here is the perfect pouch for your PS Vita to carry around

110915arai007_cs1e1_x480.jpg

PS Vita Headset

Cost only 2800 yen

Cradle and USB cable

The Cradle just doesn’t charge PS V, it only do data transfer and can also connect a PS3 or PC USB cable.

110915arai009_cs1e1_480x.jpg

How much does the external Battery cost?

5000mAh is pretty damn good, about twice the capacity of the Vita's internal one.

Sony would do extremely well to bundle that with the console for free, unlikely though

Wow, those memory cards are really expensive.

The cases look like miniature Blu-Ray cases. Sonic games will look cool in them :V The Vita box looks like a cell-phone box, not that it matters.

I didn't know that. I think there'll be some improvements in graphics, to be honest. And if it's the PS2 version, we'll get the better looking Snake, so I'm happy about that atleast. But this is getting off-topic. ^^'

Wow, those memory cards are really expensive.

Considering that the Vita costs $325 in Japan, I don't think that it would arrive at the states for that exact price.

Those are also Sony prices. Presumably there will be third party ones. How big are those things, dimension wise?

By my estimations probably about 1cm square...maybe a tad larger

Edited by Scar