Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

PlayStation Vita USB Cable - $14.99

So the Vita doesn't come with a USB? Most smartphones today or phones in general, come with a USB that plugs into a A/C to USB plug so you can charge it and/or transfer data as well.

I'm hoping that listing is only if you happen to need another wire or loose your own. Because with all the Ps3/PC multi-media sharing that Sony claims the Vita has going on for it, if I need to buy a USB separate along with a memory card I'm going to be upset XD

I'd much rather the Vita have normal A/C plug and a separate, standardized USB jack rather than the Apple "Run everything through one connection mostly so we can rip you off if you need to replace it" system that they used with the PSP Go.

You can already charge the PSP 2000/3000 through the USB port, so I don't see the issue in the first place.

Edited by Tornado

I'd much rather the Vita have normal A/C plug and a separate, standardized USB jack rather than the Apple "Run everything through one connection mostly so we can rip you off if you need to replace it" system that they used with the PSP Go.

You can already charge the PSP 2000/3000 through the USB port, so I don't see the issue in the first place.

I agree wholeheartedly, but what are we gonna do? That would make too much sense I guess seeing how the Ps3's controllers sync/charge via a standard USB and so does the psp. It was bound to happen unfortunately.

Either that USB cable is one for spares, or you have a a regular A/C-in plug. They aren't going to ship a device without a means to charge it. That is PR suicide. Good thing about USB cables though, is that they don't have to be proprietary. Heck the Dualshock 3 and the old Sixaxis used standardised USB cables, so the Vita most likely will have the same.

Either that USB cable is one for spares, or you have a a regular A/C-in plug. They aren't going to ship a device without a means to charge it. That is PR suicide. Good thing about USB cables though, is that they don't have to be proprietary. Heck the Dualshock 3 and the old Sixaxis used standardised USB cables, so the Vita most likely will have the same.

I think it's already been confirmed that the Vita will use a device specific usb like the GO did, not the standard usb we use for the DS3, PS3 and PSP

The Vita pisses me off. Sony has created an absolutely incredible piece of hardware here. This is a powerful device and is superior to the 3DS in terms of hardware in virtually every respect. And yet, I won't be buying one.

Unfortunately, however "cool" the Vita may be, I know it's not going to get enough use to justify the purchase. I already have an iPhone and a 3DS. I won't be giving up the phone because I love my phone and all of its features. And I won't be giving up my 3DS because I love my Nintendo exclusives.

I wish Nintendo had released a device like this instead of the 3DS, because it is an amazing little machine. If they had, I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

Right now the Vita is just a novelty item to me. I dont need it but I want it because it's cool. Plus....shiny

Edited by Spooks of Christmas Past
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Vita pisses me off. Sony has created an absolutely incredible piece of hardware here. This is a powerful device and is superior to the 3DS in terms of hardware in virtually every respect. And yet, I won't be buying one.

Unfortunately, however "cool" the Vita may be, I know it's not going to get enough use to justify the purchase. I already have an iPhone and a 3DS. I won't be giving up the phone because I love my phone and all of its features. And I won't be giving up my 3DS because I love my Nintendo exclusives.

I wish Nintendo had released a device like this instead of the 3DS, because it is an amazing little machine. If they had, I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

Right now the Vita is just a novelty item to me. I dont need it but I want it because it's cool. Plus....shiny

• Thumbs Up 1

So, just like the PSP then :V

Yeah, pretty much. I mean, I want one now, but I can do fine without one, just like the PSP. Wanted one, got a DS instead, waited a bit, the urge to get one disappeared. Same thing will happen here.

Yeah, pretty much. I mean, I want one now, but I can do fine without one, just like the PSP. Wanted one, got a DS instead, waited a bit, the urge to get one disappeared. Same thing will happen here.

So it has nothing to do with the console itself, just that you prefer Nintendo's IPs........

There are plenty of people who share your sentiment. The Vita will undoubtedly herald some brilliant games, Sound Shapes and Gravity Daze look really appealing, but ultimately, people are most likely to stick to the stuff they know. Especially fans of Nintendo, who would prefer to get their dose of Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby etc. rather than buy a Vita and plat Sony's IPs.

Choosing between a Vita and a 3DS really depends on what kind of games you want to play and what you grew up with.

So it has nothing to do with the console itself, just that you prefer Nintendo's IPs...

There are plenty of people who share your sentiment. The Vita will undoubtedly herald some brilliant games, Sound Shapes and Gravity Daze look really appealing, but ultimately, people are most likely to stick to the stuff they know. Especially fans of Nintendo, who would prefer to get their dose of Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby etc. rather than buy a Vita and plat Sony's IPs.

Choosing between a Vita and a 3DS really depends on what kind of games you want to play and what you grew up with.

My main reason for getting the Vita besides it being a portable powerhouse and revolutionary machine is LittleBigPlanet. God, I love LittleBigPlanet.

Either way I plan on getting both a 3DS and a Vita. The Wifi model Vita I already have on pre-order at Gamestop with $100 down and my local Play-N-Trade where my girlfriend works at has lay-away for almost anything in the store, so after the holidays I'm putting my 3DS on Lay-away =3

As amazing of a console the vita is going to be I find the 3DS to be quite enjoyable as well

Either way I plan on getting both a 3DS and a Vita. The Wifi model Vita I already have on pre-order at Gamestop with $100 down and my local Play-N-Trade where my girlfriend works at has lay-away for almost anything in the store, so after the holidays I'm putting my 3DS on Lay-away =3

As amazing of a console the vita is going to be I find the 3DS to be quite enjoyable as well

Holy fuck you have a local Play-N-Trade too I love that place.

I'm eventually gonna grab one, but not immediately.

Even though I still play my PSP, I plan to get the Vita when it comes out if I can (If not, I will get it later). In the meantime, I will keep my eyes open for the latest updates.

http://www.eurogamer...a-hands-on-tour

UK gamers will get another chance to go hands-on with the PlayStation Vita at the upcoming PS Vita Rooms tour, Sony has revealed.

Launch titles such as Uncharted: Golden Abyss, FIFA 12, MotorStorm RC and Wipeout 2048 are playable.

You'll also be able to get your mitts on Reality Fighters, ModNation Racers: Road Trip, Escape Plan, Little Deviants and Super Stardust.

The tour launches at 63 Deansgate in Manchester from 13-18th January, then will travel to Glasgow, Birmingham and London before the end of February.

The PlayStation Vita was first playable in the UK at Eurogamer Expo 2011.

It launches across Europe on 22nd February next year for £229 (Wi-Fi only model) and £279 (Wi-Fi and 3G flavour).

Further dates and details on how to attend will be posted soon on the PlayStation Access Facebook Page, Sony has said.

I am totally going to the Deansgate in Manchester on the 13th of January biggrin.png Very excited now will have to record it when I go smile.png

Thanks Shadzter on this find on Facebook wink.png

Edited by Shaddix Leto Croft
  • Thumbs Up 2

If you haven't seen the size of the PS Vita's game card....it's smaller than the 3DS Game card.....man I'm gonna lose these easily XD

http://tinycartridge...-as-hell-recent

tumblr_lwa8pmJ9FV1qzp9weo1_400.jpg

PS Vita game cards are tiny as hell. Recent interviewee John Ricciardi of 8-4 Ltd. picked up his first Vita game today, and took this comparison shot with a 3DS cart. (Which happens to be Monster Hunter Tri-G, #humblebrag.)

Now I see why Ridge Racer has so much DLC — there’s simply not room for much game on that tiniest of cartridges.

Wait that last bit of the text is bullshit It's namco being lazy as fuck lol but I am worried that I might lose these very easily when I'm on the go (Say like when I'm in the car :P)

Edited by Shaddix Leto Croft

tumblr_lwa8pmJ9FV1qzp9weo1_400.jpg

The series that kept my PSP alive... Still waiting on MHP3... and now the one pictured too...

Until I hear of MHPSV... new system will be waiting it out. (Especially considering they decided to play MemoryStickDuo round 2...)

Edited by E-25

Nah, it came out on PSP as Portable 3rd with some edits. Then they reused the assets yet another time for the 3DS iteration, which even has PlayStation buttons in the manual apparently. Might as well say Code Veronica was Dreamcast exclusive because the PS2 got Code Veronica X.

The only titles Capcom doesn't find a way to port to every platform available are the ones that bomb hard. Like PN03 or that Dino Crisis sequel that never happened and we will forget I mentioned.

Edited by Dobkeratops

Nah, it came out on PSP as Portable 3rd with some edits. Then they reused the assets yet another time for the 3DS iteration, which even has PlayStation buttons in the manual apparently. Might as well say Code Veronica was Dreamcast exclusive because the PS2 got Code Veronica X.

The only titles Capcom doesn't find a way to port to every platform available are the ones that bomb hard. Like PN03 or that Dino Crisis sequel that never happened and we will forget I mentioned.

Sorry, but Portable 3rd is an entirely new game. It uses some of the same monsters and areas, sure, but the hub, final boss, missions, everything are different.

Edited by PSI Freeze

Yeah, it reuses almost all assets and adds like double the content, thus given the formulaic nature of the franchise I guess you could consider it a new (superior) game, rather than an upgraded remix thing.

So what you're saying here is, wait for the inevitable and improved Portable 4th? cool_f.gif