Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

Sorry, but Portable 3rd is an entirely new game. It uses some of the same monsters and areas, sure, but the hub, final boss, missions, everything are different.

even so I considered Portable 3rd as an highly upgraded version of Tri. Given, things were changed and swimming was no more, it still had everything Tri had but more

Anyways: Here's something that makes me worry about future games on the Vita. Ridge Racer Vita only has 3 tracks and 5 cars. But listen to this: There will be more tracks and cars will be released as PAID DLC!

Anyways: Here's something that makes me worry about future games on the Vita. Ridge Racer Vita only has 3 tracks and 5 cars. But listen to this: There will be more tracks and cars will be released as PAID DLC!

Yeah, those free-to-play games are kinda weird like that.

...... Wait, the game itself isn't free!?

• Thumbs Up 1

You people really care only about Ridge Racer?

I am saving for Vita to buy it on relase with biggest memory card, Wipeout 2048 and Uncharted. Sounds like a nice idea for bundle Sony.

You people really care only about Ridge Racer?

I am saving for Vita to buy it on relase with biggest memory card, Wipeout 2048 and Uncharted. Sounds like a nice idea for bundle Sony.

But it's RIDGE RACER!!

(but seriously I really don't care, it's just an epic fail though)

I hope that Ridge Racer game is at least priced cheaply for the lack of content. If so, then I'm not too bothered about buying the DLC. I used to love Ridge Racer on the PS1 and I always miss out on every game since the money I do have for games always goes on my much more hyped games, so I might get this one if it's priced appropriately.

I hope that Ridge Racer game is at least priced cheaply for the lack of content. If so, then I'm not too bothered about buying the DLC. I used to love Ridge Racer on the PS1 and I always miss out on every game since the money I do have for games always goes on my much more hyped games, so I might get this one if it's priced appropriately.

Well, all Vita games are on PSN.

I take it you meant priced like a downloadable PSN/XBLA game ;P

Either way, no need to give Scamco any money for their DLC-o-rama ways when there's finer launch titles to choose from, like Gravity Daze's shaping up to be. Now that's a game that would deserve more your attention, folks.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm actually surprised Sony is letting them do that.

Watching Vita unboxing videos on youtube. Cant wait to unbox this beauty myself. I am just like that I love new systems :P

Sony I think you guys need to come to terms that no one loves Ridge Racer nearly as much as you do.

First week of Vita sales, 321,407 units sold in two days. That's roughly twice as much as PSP sold in its first week, but about fifty thousand units less than 3DS sold in its first two days.

Sony I think you guys need to come to terms that no one loves Ridge Racer nearly as much as you do.

First week of Vita sales, 321,407 units sold in two days. That's roughly twice as much as PSP sold in its first week, but about five thousand units less than 3DS sold in its first two days.

Fifty thousand. 3DS sold 371,326.

5,000 units less than the 3DS? That's still rather strong for a competing handheld.

Although who knows how it'll fare in the US in sales?

EDIT: Oh 50,000. Eh, I stand by what I said.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I'm sure the Vita will find it's audience but, the price drop could have already given the 3DS a death grip on the market. That doesn't mean all that much these days, though. The PSP did very well, it was the only non-Nintendo handheld that managed to do so.

Edited by Kringle Of Fate

3DS-like performance? Oh shit son, pricedrop, free PSP games and Final Fantasy VII Remake in six months confirmed. cool_f.gif

On related news, it seems the battery lasts >4h at max brightness, which is surprisingly efficient. Was expecting something closer to 3 hours myself.

(Not that I'd give a shit 'bout portables with low autonomy considering I play them within the house)

3DS-like performance? Oh shit son, pricedrop, free PSP games and Final Fantasy VII Remake in six months confirmed. cool_f.gif

On related news, it seems the battery lasts >4h at max brightness, which is surprisingly efficient. Was expecting something closer to 3 hours myself.

(Not that I'd give a shit 'bout portables with low autonomy considering I play them within the house)

4 hours on max brightness is not bad. Obviously, because its OLED, the actual batter life will depend on the colours of the game you're playing. Playing a game like Mirror's Edge with its ridiculous bloom lighting and bright white....everything would probably drain the battery in 3-3.5 hours. A dark, grey-brown shooter would probably last 4.5-5 hours.

EDIT:

320,000 sales in the first two days is actually very good. I would think that Sony would be happy with that result. Considering the original PSP managed a similar figure after 2 weeks, and still managed to carve ~30% share of the market would be promising for the future of the handheld. At least in Japan.

A Call of Duty or Battlefield game on the console would make it a hit in the US and major parts of Europe and the UK. People already eat up FPS's like freshly baked cookies, and to add two juggernaut franchises to the mix (which Sony undoubtedly have) would do well for the console.

Edited by Scar