Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

PS Vita undeniably has a really good launch-line up to support its audience, something 3DS failed to have. I still feel both consoles are in dire need of some better exclusives. Sony's consoles always managed to attract them which is why the PS3 is my favorite console this generation, but when it comes to their own IPs and first-party games, I'm usually completely uninterested, save for Ratchet & Clank, Twisted Metal and Jak & Daxter.

PS Vita undeniably has a really good launch-line up to support its audience, something 3DS failed to have. I still feel both consoles are in dire need of some better exclusives. Sony's consoles always managed to attract them which is why the PS3 is my favorite console this generation, but when it comes to their own IPs and first-party games, I'm usually completely uninterested, save for Ratchet & Clank, Twisted Metal and Jak & Daxter.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Namco-Ridge-Racer-PS-Vita/dp/B006J3KA5C/ref=sr_1_8?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1324419397&sr=1-8

£15.82 on amazon. Not for me though, there are many games I want for the vita at launch, my wallet is quivering in fear. Uncharted, Escape Plan, Wipeout 2048, Motorstorm RC and FIFA. With Resistance, LBP and Gravity Daze to come. Crazy.

Gravity Rush will be avlaible on Western Vita relase. Its one of relase titles.

Wait Gravity Rush actually is a Vita launch title?

For EU and US? Yes. It will be in Japan few days before western relase of Vita and in EU and US on Vita relase day. For us it IS launch title. One of many sources found with google: http://www.clickonli...h-america/5227/

Edited by ReindeerHunter297
  • Thumbs Up 1

How much more? Have you seen the launch line-up? You can say that the games offered aren't to your tastes, that's fair enough. However, you can't say that there aren't enough games at launch.

I just don't think that there are enough titles to really justify the purchase. Nothing in the lineup has the "wow" factor for me so it's a waiting game for me.

EU prices are... weird.

• 4Gb Memory Card – €19.99/£17.99/$26.95 AUD/$34.95 NZD

• 8Gb Memory Card – €34.99/£31.99/$44.95 AUD/$59.95 NZD

• 16Gb Memory Card – €49.99/£44.99/$64.95 AUD/$84.95 NZD

Think I'll get 16GB then. I wanted to get 32GB card but if its not at lauch I can live with 16GB. I wont keep music on it anyway.

From games: Wipeout and Uncharted for me but I hope Gravity Rush will be avlaible on EU launch.

Oh one more thing for EU. In the PS Blog link that Shadz posted someone asked about Gravity Rush. Manager answered that it will launch on PSN only. Thats a bit strange but oh well Vita launches on day when PSN updates so it will be avlaible on launch but not in retail. Also Uncharted RRP is ridiculus.

From what I been gathering on many sites, the system did not sell to Sony's expectations, along with the games not selling well at all... : /

It did better than the PSP did but, the 3DS beat it out in early sales. What's important is to see whether the sales will stay stable, or drop like the 3DS sales did once all the fans got one. 249-300 is a lot to ask of the ordinary consumer, Sony is going to have to really work on selling it. Brand recognition will help, though.

Seems OK to me. Though Uncharted is unbelievably expensive.

I guess that's what you get when you have AAA titles on a portable. Though I'm pretty sure retailers will go below RRP.

Seems OK to me. Though Uncharted is unbelievably expensive.

I guess that's what you get when you have AAA titles on a portable. Though I'm pretty sure retailers will go below RRP.

I don't know what the price for Uncharted PSV is, but the RRP could have been something like £25 and you can bet the retailers would take it up to £45-£50.

Hey, they got away with charging £50 for Dead Island for a few weeks and how long do you think MW3 is going to be at the £45+ mark?

At least these games come down in price unlike a certain manufacturer's where you'd have a sequel come out and the first game still at full price.

From what I been gathering on many sites, the system did not sell to Sony's expectations, along with the games not selling well at all... : /

GoNintendo and Kotaku?

I don't know what the price for Uncharted PSV is, but the RRP could have been something like £25 and you can bet the retailers would take it up to £45-£50.

Hey, they got away with charging £50 for Dead Island for a few weeks and how long do you think MW3 is going to be at the £45+ mark?

Its something like £45

So if you have a Japanese PSV right now, you might find that your main US/EU PSN account will work on it and most if not all the features are up and running for the Western PSN accounts.

There are however a few problems since it's not fully opperation yet (and shouldn't be since it's not out in the west yet). Buuuut... aparently you can now sync trophies to your main PSN account, only it's not showing yet if you view them via a PS3, but is showing if you view them via the PSV.

Hmm.... it sounds like the Vita will be a port system of many PS3 games... I really hope the system has more then just ports. Its asking me alot for my wallet and I see no "fresh" ideas yet.

Hmm.... it sounds like the Vita will be a port system of many PS3 games... I really hope the system has more then just ports. Its asking me alot for my wallet and I see no "fresh" ideas yet.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ports? What ports?

The only port I can see is Fifa...

Most, if not all the games are original, even if they brandish popular titles. Its basically the equivalent of Mario Kart 7 or Super Mario 3D Land. Both a treasured franchises, but neither are ports.

Disgaea 3 Return, Persona 4: The Golden, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend, Final Fantasy X, Rayman Origins, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, ZoE HD Collection, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD, etc.

Oh, and Fifa.

• Thumbs Up 4

I think I'm gonna import 32Gb card from USA. For me its 100PLN more and when I want to buy:

-3G Vita

-Remote Charger

-Travelling case for Vita

-Memory card

-Uncharted

-Wipeout

-Gravity Rush

Everything on relase 100 PLN is really laughably low difference (total price being aprox 2000-2200PLN) so I think I'm gonna import that card from US via Amazon.

Edited by ReindeerHunter297

Disgaea 3 Return, Persona 4: The Golden, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend, Final Fantasy X, Rayman Origins, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, ZoE HD Collection, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD, etc.

Oh, and Fifa.