Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

Disgaea 3 Return, Persona 4: The Golden, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend, Final Fantasy X, Rayman Origins, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, ZoE HD Collection, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD, etc.

Oh, and Fifa.

Well, things like Disgaea 3, Persona 4, and BlazBlue are moreso Expansions or Remakes. But yeah. A LOT of ports.

Remake? Barely.

is a remake. Those are just an enhanced re-releases. It'd be pretty stupid not to have some sort of new selling point, even though the three aforementioned, save maybe Persona 4, are incredibly lackluster in that regard.

I think I'll import console and Memory Card from US and buy games here. I mean this 1$=1€ thing is annoying as hell. If I import 3G model from US I'll pay 100PLN less than here for Wi-fi only model and over 300PLN (!!!) less than for 3G model here. So if I need to import memory card then why not console itself too?

And if I remember right Vita is region free and I can choose language and PS Store region when I first turn it on right?

Funny thing is that games are alot cheaper here but Hardware.... Well not.

Yeah, about that 3G. How could one get a foriegn Vita to work with your local 3G provider? I was tempted to get a Vita from the States but I was worried the 3G model from the States won't work with the UK's Vita 3G provider Vodafone, like the providers are locked into the system depending of where you brought it from. Anyone can clear that up?

Yeah, about that 3G. How could one get a foriegn Vita to work with your local 3G provider? I was tempted to get a Vita from the States but I was worried the 3G model from the States won't work with the UK's Vita 3G provider Vodafone, like the providers are locked into the system depending of where you brought it from. Anyone can clear that up?

I was under the impression you can use any provider. But there are 'official' providers and non official ones. No idea if this will mean some kind of service restriction in the future or not.

• 2 weeks later...

I really want the Vita on release but given my financial situation, I may have to pay it off a bit slower via my reserve at Gamestop and wait another month or two. Hope those price drops indeed hit the U.S XD

This is a retailer only thing, so I don't know how it's going to go in NA and Europe. They'll certainly take matters into their own hands if stock isn't selling, though they're not going to slash the price before it releases.

Looks like I won't be getting a PS Vita since I will be getting Samsung Galaxy S III instead, makes me a sad panda. Wanted to support Sony oh well will be getting it later on. Probably once the price has gone down.

What I want to know is how Sony botched the launch this badly. They had great games but, they couldn't get the system to fucking work properly! From what I've read, their attempts to fix said problems has also resulted in new problems. It's like the Bethesda Game of Firmware.

The "20% price cut" was a special offer a single store did, which once again evidences the yellowness of gaming journalism.

That being said, it is a shame an appropriately designed and properly priced piece of hardware is suffering the same fate its complete opposite had when it launched. I guess we can't have nice things after all.

On the other hand, it might mean we'll see free games, "encouragement packages" to developers, hilarious price cuts (for real this time) and a third analog tumor coming soon ~

What I want to know is how Sony botched the launch this badly. They had great games but, they couldn't get the system to fucking work properly! From what I've read, their attempts to fix said problems has also resulted in new problems. It's like the Bethesda Game of Firmware.

Edited by Dobkeratops

The PS Vita launched in Japan with several firmware related problems, including the incredibly annoying freezing during playing certain games. They attempted to fix that, it didn't work, and then also lead to some cases where the 3G no longer works. They clearly rushed it out before it was done, so I certainly am not disappointed in getting it a few months late. Hopefully all such problems are ironed out by then.

But do you have a veritable source on whether it's a common widespread issue rather than simply the usual launch software shoddy coding in certain games? I only know of that DW game, but Koei isn't exactly the bastion of bug-free gameplay. Wouldn't the blame fall on the developer's QA department, then?

*Sigh*

Well this sucks. While it's absolutely undeniable that the PSP is a better system than the DS (whether you like the DS better, like I do, is irrelevant), it was a lack of sales that contributed to a lack of games and thus, an inferior console. I was really hoping the 3DS and Vita would be almost equal in sales so as to encourage developers to make great games for the superior hardware this time around.

Oh well. If it goes anything like the PSP I can at least get an RPG machine out of it.

The restrictions they put on this Vita has basically killed my interest. It's too much. I'm not ruling out on getting it though, I probably need a Sonic or a Ratchet game announced and I'm in.

Edited by Spiced Christmas

In my opinion I think the Vita is destined to always be in the shadow of the 3DS, just like its predecessor. Its just too expensive and as strong as the titles are, I think they too will be too expensive to catch the eye of the casual gamer, unlike the 3/DS. Plus Sony forced it by making it consumer by an expensive memory card when the console is already $250.

In my opinion I think the Vita is destined to always be in the shadow of the 3DS, just like its predecessor. Its just too expensive and as strong as the titles are, I think they too will be too expensive to catch the eye of the casual gamer, unlike the 3/DS. Plus Sony forced it by making it consumer by an expensive memory card when the console is already $250.

Though you're right that it may not sell as much as the 3DS, the fact that its doing a little better than the Original PSP, I think it will close the gap in terms of market share. Still hasn't launched worldwide yet and if there is a CoD or Battlefeild game released on it, sales might bump considerably, especially if there are bundles and special edition consoles released.

There trying to make a concole experence on the go... and honestly in this day and age it won't work. They didn't learn with the PSP and honestly people are not going to spend alot of money on handhelds anymore. There happy with a 3DS cause its first Mario, the games are quick to use, beat then finish. Uncharted, Marvel vs Capcom, most of its games are ones you rather have on only PS3. I don't see the VITA doing well in the future.

The thing that keeps Nintendo afloat in the handheld market is their legacy. Mario and Pokemon are always going to sell loads, and they're what haas made every previous Nintendo handheld successul (that and Tetris with GB). Sony doesn't have anything that can actually appeal to the mass market still, though Call of Duty could get them enough sales through brodudes I also kind of doubt that. They'd want to sit at home on their couch or at their PC. What helped PSP was Monster Hunter, and Vita doesn't have it.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

3DS has two MonsterHunter games, I think the PSP Vita is dropping the balll even on there "exclusives" And even if they get the game on Vita, there normally just gonna buy it on 3DS cause its alot cheaper.

There trying to make a concole experence on the go... and honestly in this day and age it won't work. They didn't learn with the PSP and honestly people are not going to spend alot of money on handhelds anymore.

And what didn't they learn, pray tell?

Or is this another "the PSP was apparently a failure despite selling nearly as well as the Game Boy Advance so obviously the Vita will be as well" post?

The console did well cause it was "hacked" beyond belief. If you really look at most psp websites, polls, most people just use it for music, emulators and anything the hacking programs can do. But Sony makes more money based off software, the PSP failed at selling many of there games.