Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

I was aiming to get this thing at launch, but due to the game I'm most looking forward to being a possible no show (Gravity Rush) I'm in no hurry anymore :P.

My first games (from my order) are going to be BlazBlue and Little Deviants. I already know what's to come in BB since I'm a huge fan, and I can't wait to see how Relius Clover works. Little Deviants looks odd and I was pretty skeptical about it, but it looks somewhat fun.

I'm also definitely excited for the games coming out in the near future.

Gravity Rush is especially looking absolutely amazing. It's a definite buy for me when it comes out.

Also, I'm pretty stoked for Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention since my friend resparked my interest in the series.

Other games I'm looking forward to playing are Persona 4: The Golden, Touch My Katamari, and the odd-looking and unique Escape Plan.

No games

Troll again, particularly with shitty outdated and unfunny memes, and I'll have you out of this board faster than you can say Nintendrone.

• Thumbs Up 9

Why are you guys so mad over that? I really didn't mean to personally hurt you. Stop acting like Nintendo is the only game company someone can like besides Sony. Do you jump on everyone like that?

Why are you guys so mad over that? I really didn't mean to personally hurt you. Stop acting like Nintendo is the only game company someone can like besides Sony. Do you jump on everyone like that?

No, he jumped on you because what you stated is factually incorrect. There are no opinions, no biases nothing to hide behind. To suggest that the Vita has no games is simply wrong. As of now it has a stronger launch line-up than the 3DS had in terms of the number of titles that should be available at launch.

If it was a joke, it wasn't funny.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 4

Alrighty then...

*continues with topic*

I think we've got our first mega offer for the Vita... and it's one hell of a good offer, heck I'm even half tempted by it and I don't get new consoles on day 1.

Morrisons are the store to beat right now when it comes to Vita day 1 offers.

692a6de9.jpg

So thats the following...

1 Playstation Vita (I assume it'll be the Wi-Fi model).

1 4GB memory card.

Fifa 12 (Don't like the game? trade it in or sell it).

The pre-order pack.

£25 Morrisons vouchers!

All for £250!

Thats one hell of an offer.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rather hypocritical statement coming from someone using a stupid and overused anti-Sony meme, don't you think? I also don't know what impression I gave off that colored me as "mad". That's just stupid.

And that wasn't even the point. The point was you not only spamming, but instigating people by trolling, something we verily don't appreciate here.

Now get back on topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, I haven't been really assed to check but...is the 3G just as stupid and pointless in the regions that aren't the U.S.? I don't see why anyone would get anything other than the Wi-Fi model.

You know, I haven't been really assed to check but...is the 3G just as stupid and pointless in the regions that aren't the U.S.? I don't see why anyone would get anything other than the Wi-Fi model.

No.

3G does find use in places like the UK. the only thing that would be useless to everywhere but the US and Japan, was if they had a 4G LTE version.

Edited by Scar

Damn you Brits and your good deals. I've never seen shit that good for U.S. customers.

We have to deal with inflated costs though. The Vita costs $250 in the US, which equates to about £180-190 or about EUR200-210, but we have to pay £230 and Europe has to pay EUR250. We kind of live off of bundles like that.

I actually got to play a Vita for a little while today at a local Gamestop, and here are my thoughts.

The system feels pretty confortable and overall, the design is fine. Didn't expect the analog sticks to be so small, but the size is just right. Not too small, not too large. Only a few gripes, such as the left analog stick being a bit too close to the D-Pad (I'm going to be playing BlazBlue a lot, so I might get tripped up a bit) and the D-Pad and buttons feeling somewhat odd, but I'll get used to it after a couple of hours of playing.

The menu interface is really organized and looks pretty slick. I like it.

I also checked out the demo for Gravity Rush. I had a blast playing that game. The Gravity controls are fun to use, and the graphics and art style are stunning. Definitely can't wait to pick that up.

Overall, it's pretty damn sweet. Can't wait until I get mine!

I think i'll pick up a vita later this year too! I mean my little bro already has a 3ds so now i don't have to decide which one i should get. So exited!biggrin.png

Edited by The Amazing Spiderman

I played one today at my Gamestop, it was pretty fun. It was also HUGE, I could barely put my hands around it. XD

I'll probably be getting it sooner if they have a deal with the Vita that they had with the 3DS. (Sell in your DSi XL and get 150 dollars off a 3DS and shit, except you sell in your PSP or PSP Go for a certain price off. =U)

Edited by The Scarlet Spider

I managed to play Vita at one of the game stores in my city and I must say it rocks!

I actually went there with my cousin. We arrived early, noone was there so we could play all demos and test all features :D

Titles I will pick up: Wipeout 2048, Uncharted, Gravity Rush. Its sad that I'll need to import 32GB card (warning to all in EU. My friend got his Vita (he works in gaming magazine) and he says that games are 1.5-2.5GB each but some can be even 4GB! (Uncharted and Wipeout) so 16GB may be to small!)

The fuck is wrong with you, Sony? Are you trying to look bad? I really don't get that. I mean, I know it's not real backwards compatibility but, why the hell is the United States excluded while every other major region appears to have the UMD discount plan? It doesn't even make sense beyond "We're lazy, so fuck you".

can't say that I personally feel affected by this, with my hacked psp and all. Would be nice to have psp games that I actually owned on UMD on the go, but meh, you win some you lose some

Amazon.com wont ship Memory Cards to EU. Well it look like I will need to ask my friend in Japan to buy me one 32GB card and send it to me.

First it was the overpriced memory cards, then it was the program that let's you download games you already own for a small fee, then it was the Vita's numerous problems when it first came out in Japan (They were uncommon so it's not that bad), and now we don't even GET the UMD->Download program? I really was going to try my hardest to save enough to buy a Vita ASAP, but now I'm gonna wait until my birthday to get one.

To be honest, the Vita IS an impressive system and on a technical level it IS better than the 3DS, but Sony is making it look really bad right now.