Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

This just keeps getting better and better. I haven't seen a company go out of their way to sabotage such promising hardware since...

Well, shit. It was Sony last time too.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, now I really don't want this thing anymore, at least not right now. I can wait until Gravity Rush comes out, because the only way I'll immediately drop down the money for it.

I wouldn't exactly throw everything and the kitchen sink at Sony just yet.

Apparently, no major developer is currently supporting the UMD transfer thingy, so there isn't really a point in having something that doesn't really do anything.

EDIT:

Source: http://www.techradar...assport-1061699

The company hasn't offered an explanation for the decision, although the effectiveness of the service in Japan is hampered by the lack of support by games publishers. At its launch, big names like Capcom, Konami, Namco and Square Enix were all notably missing from the lineup.

So AutoSaver, even if it did come to the US, you wouldn't have been able to use the feature on Duodecim anyway.

Edited by Scar

Well they dun goofed. OR have no plans at the moment. As we're seeing here, I'm pretty sure voices from across the internet may prompt them to rethink their foolishness.

Well I've gone and preordered this thing, I never owned any UMD games anyway so this really won't effect me at all, what will effect me is the memory card, I've got one preordered a long with Uncharted Golden Abyss (still want Gravity Rush more).

And, I played with one for a few minutes at the Game Stop Kiosk, there I'm not going to lie, this is a beautiful handheld, the screen is so nice and sharp, and playing Gravity Rush made me make up my mind. I dropped $70 on it and will be trading in my PSP to help pay for it.

Edited by Silencer226
  • Thumbs Up 1

Don't have a PSP (anymore, since mine done broke on me) so the UMD thing doesn't really affect me.

For the most part, the overall idea isn't very effective, since the whole PSP line-up isn't available online, so there will probably be people that can't transfer several of the games they have. For the most part, I think people would've been better off just keeping their PSP. I do agree that Sony's advertising/marketing strategies are less than ideal though. It's a great piece of technology, but the execution of their marketing needs improvement I guess.

Ok I preordered ps vita(in Sweden) some days ago but I also bought a 32 GB memory card along with Blazblue and since I live in Sweden will I still be able to play the game online on my European account? Or is it possible to play EU dlc(online pass) with the NA game version?

Sorry it's kinda late so i'm kinda writing this really whacky.

From my PS3 experience, DLC region has to match game region.

This means if I own an UK-based game I *have* to get its DLC from the UK store. However, once it's been installed I can play it with my European account. But I'm not sure how that'd work on Vita. My advice would be to play it safe and get the games you're gonna buy DLC for from your own region.

Though I'm fairly confident Blazblue in particular doesn't have any online pass thingies.

Edited by Dobkeratops

I want a Vita but can't afford it at the moment DX

And I want to keep my PSP to play my UMD games DX

Only game I want so far is Lumines DX

I personally don't see the big issue with the UMD conversion not being available anywhere but Japan. Yeah, it kinda sucks, especially if a majority of the games you bought are UMD, but this UMD conversion service was, more or less, a courtesy (if it were to be available here), Sony could have said fuck it to the whole backwards compatible thing altogether. At least you have the option to download games you purchased on the PSN for the Psp to the Vita. I was going to initially trade in my psp towards buying the Vita, but I figured as much may happen so I'm holding onto my PSP for the time being (not to mention it's hacked, so that's a plus.)

Given, the Vita memory cards are notoriously expensive, which is another fault to downloading a full psp game right onto the Vita, but at least, to an extent, we have the option of backwards compatibility. For all you UMD users, just use your Psp if you still have it that is. Given, I don't play last gen games for too long when the new is introduced, but that's just me. I think the latest older gen games I've actually played recently was Tales of Abyss and Tales of Symphonia, but that was because my friends and I wanted a 4 player game to play that wasn't a shooter and etc.

Edited by LunarEdge

How to Download PSP Titles to PS Vita

http://blog.us.plays...les-to-ps-vita/

Features lists of PSP and Minis titles that will be available on the US PS Store for PS Vita at launch. More will be added after launch.

Vodafone UK PS Vita 3G Pricing & WipEout 2048 Offer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4slIsZGWxs&feature=plcp&context=C37c8562UDOEgsToPDskIsxDtyZ3-c4z2CzqZaJOXp

http://blog.eu.plays...out-2048-offer/

First it was the overpriced memory cards, then it was the program that let's you download games you already own for a small fee, then it was the Vita's numerous problems when it first came out in Japan (They were uncommon so it's not that bad), and now we don't even GET the UMD->Download program? I really was going to try my hardest to save enough to buy a Vita ASAP, but now I'm gonna wait until my birthday to get one.

To be honest, the Vita IS an impressive system and on a technical level it IS better than the 3DS, but Sony is making it look really bad right now.

This just keeps getting better and better. I haven't seen a company go out of their way to sabotage such promising hardware since...

Well, shit. It was Sony last time too.

These two right here. In addition, I've barely seen any advertisements for the system, even though it's going to launch in 11 days.

The Vita looks like a really cool device with some great potential, and I'm really hoping that it performs well (in both sales, critical reception, and games); but right now it seems like Sony's intentionally trying to shoot itself in the foot. Again.

Edited by Angry Executive Douche

Ugh, I'm just $20 away from being able to have enough extra money to get the Vita. That sexy beast is so close within my grasp, yet so far....

I'm actually excited for this, this is my first Sony console since PS2, and I can't wait to try out all the great first party and third party games Sony has to offer. Plus the fact that the handheld is almost as powerful as a console, makes my eyes spark with sparkles.

Though the fact that I need a memory card that costs as much as a 360 game, and that most of it's games cost as much as console games, will prevent me from getting every amazing Vita game that comes out. But I'll manage with it somehow.

These two right here. In addition, I've barely seen any advertisements for the system, even though it's going to launch in 11 days.

The Vita looks like a really cool device with some great potential, and I'm really hoping that it performs well (in both sales, critical reception, and games); but right now it seems like Sony's intentionally trying to shoot itself in the foot. Again.

My preorder pack should arrive this Momday. My friend in Japan has some time today so he will buy me a 32GB card and ship it over here. Its strange why Amazon doesnt ship those cards outside of US.

Also: My shopping list:

-Vita with 3G (First we have a good 3G network here and second 3G is fairly cheap here so why not)

-Travel kit

-Wipeout 2048

-And Gravity Rush from PS Store (it wont be avlaible in shops in EU)

Oh and Mobile charger. I travel often and I dont want to worry about battery

Edited by HUNTER297

-And Gravity Rush from PS Store (it wont be avlaible in shops in EU)

Seriously? Fuck off, Sony. The one game I was actually interested in.

• Thumbs Up 1

Its the one game EVERYONE is interested in. It looks so good! Shame it won't see a physical launch in the EU, but it may come later on if sales in the region are strong enough.

When the fuck does Gravity Rush come out, damn, why not have one of your most interesting titles as a launch game... I have my Uncharted Golden Abyss... but that's it :(

I've heard May 29th, March 9th, and EU Launch title for PSN, WTF!?

When the fuck does Gravity Rush come out, damn, why not have one of your most interesting titles as a launch game... I have my Uncharted Golden Abyss... but that's it :(

I've heard May 29th, March 9th, and EU Launch title for PSN, WTF!?

Its launch title for US and EU but it will be avlaible only on PSN in EU. Thats all.

Its launch title for US and EU but it will be avlaible only on PSN in EU. Thats all.

Everywhere I go it either says TBD for the US so I don't know if us US buyers will be getting it on launch day. Can I get a link that states that it is a launch title?

Everywhere I go it either says TBD for the US so I don't know if us US buyers will be getting it on launch day. Can I get a link that states that it is a launch title?

Its all because at first it was in "launch window" but later was confirmed as launch title. http://www.psvitauniverse.com/here-is-the-confirmed-list-of-us-european-launch-games-for-the-ps-vita/ is one of the sources. Oh and Ninja Gaiden Plus was confirmed as launch title too now.

Its all because at first it was in "launch window" but later was confirmed as launch title. http://www.psvitauni...or-the-ps-vita/ is one of the sources. Oh and Ninja Gaiden Plus was confirmed as launch title too now.

That article was last updated in December, and the most recent article regarding Gravity Rush still states it as only being a Launch Window title.

So far it looks like I'll just be playing Uncharted Golden Abyss, and maybe WipeOut if I decide to snag it when I pick up my Vita on the 22nd. I get my memory card and Uncharted tomorrow. :D

Edited by Silencer226

I know this has probably been discussed, and I know most of you are sick and tired of hearing this but, has there been any talk of a price drop in the near future? Plus how do you guys think the Vita is going to do over here compared to Japan?

I know this has probably been discussed, and I know most of you are sick and tired of hearing this but, has there been any talk of a price drop in the near future? Plus how do you guys think the Vita is going to do over here compared to Japan?

There hasn't been any chatter about a price drop in the near future as far as I know. Sony is already selling it at a loss so I doubt they'll decrease the price to compete with Nintendo. As far as how I think it's going to do, I think it will do decent numbers. I don't think Vita had any games that truly appealed to the Japanese audience when it launched in Japan, so it's more of a wait and see process. The holiday season has passed, so I guess the true battle will be in November.

I JUST WANT GODDAMN GRAVITY RUSH AND WILL CONTINUE BITCHING UNTIL I GET MY HANDS ON IT.

Edited by Silencer226