Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

I know this has probably been discussed, and I know most of you are sick and tired of hearing this but, has there been any talk of a price drop in the near future? Plus how do you guys think the Vita is going to do over here compared to Japan?

I highly doubt it would even perform better than it's launch in Japan. I'm expecting slightly better than JP's launch at best, worse than JP's launch at worst.

I know this has probably been discussed, and I know most of you are sick and tired of hearing this but, has there been any talk of a price drop in the near future? Plus how do you guys think the Vita is going to do over here compared to Japan?

There will be a price-drop when Sony stops making a loss on each Vita sold. So about a year or so. Maybe less.

If a portable COD/Battlefeild or FPS is released, the US and Europe will eat it all up.

Welp, amazon.es had a Vita Wifi + 8Gb Memory Card 230€ offer. Heaven or hell, let's rock!

Time to catch up on PSP games.

My wallet ;_;

I just ordered MASSIVE set for Vita relase!

PS Vita (With 3G)

Remote Charger

Travell Pack

Uncharted

Wipeout

16GB Card (My friend couldnt find 32GB one in Japan.... Strange)

So yeah.

Welp, amazon.es had a Vita Wifi + 8Gb Memory Card 230€ offer. Heaven or hell, let's rock!

Time to catch up on PSP games.

My wallet ;_;

Be sure to play Persona 3 Portable. That game is pure magic.

Edited by HUNTER297

Picked up the new issue of GamesMaster last week. Here's their feature on the PS Vita:

Spoilered for size.

ofauqt.jpg

28lxlwn.jpg

71o9is.jpg

aayy6w.jpg

2v84eup.jpg

34dr9rc.jpg

2j5xnpy.jpg

15x6dxv.jpg

If anyone wants to archive the scans, it's GamesMaster Issue 248 March 2012.

Dear Shadz.

You're welcome.

This isn't total spam. It's so Shadz can continue posting scans after reaching the post limit

And to make it less spammy, just in case, I couldn't help but be rather shocked at the reviews for Uncharted.

79 average?! Is it really that bad? Relative to the rest of the series of course.

Edited by HYDROCITEE
  • Thumbs Up 1

Eh, I'm still on the fence on this. I mean, the PS Vita itself looks pretty awesome and, going by that preview Shadzter posted, I'd probably like it but, aside from Gravity Rush, none of the games shown so far really interest me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Be sure to play Persona 3 Portable. That game is pure magic.

Already have FES for the PS2. The newest Disgaea takes care of all my grinding quotas for the time being, no need to revisit P3.

However, I was right in waiting for a handheld port of Persona 4 so I'll be all over the Vita release. Which will look much better than my PS2 on this monitor, as an added bonus.

Already bought R-Type Dimensions since Irem went down. Next up will be a bunch of Square games, Capcom's remakes, a lot of misc. titles like Prinny or Ys 7, pestering Konami to get Dracula X on the EU PSN and oh my god I will never be able to pay for all these games and I want Gravity Daze on day 1 too jesus fuck

Speaking of the vita, I've been asked if I wanted one. Should I go for it?

You should. The hardware's almost PS3 quality like, most games deliver console experiences instead of the usual 1 hour handheld games, Great launch games (varies from person to person) and well....just everything about the Vita I'm loving, except the price of course...

Really though, I never had a PS3, so I'm excited to try out Sony's IP's,

that and cross game chat + Custom music is also what I can't wait for.

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of the vita, I've been asked if I wanted one. Should I go for it?

If you're being offered it, then yeah go for it.

When Gravity Rush comes out it will all be worth it to be honest. That one is what one would call a system-seller. Pretty unique gameplay concept too might I add.

Sony confirms PS Vita 1st Party digital only game prices

By Wesley Yin-Poole Published 13 February, 2012

Escape Plan! MotorStorm RC! Super Stardust! More!

Sony has confirmed the UK pricing for first-party digital-only PlayStation Vita games.

Five games have been readied for digital release by Sony in time for Vita's 22nd February launch.

Here's the list and price:

• Escape Plan: £9.99
  • Top Darts: £6.49
  • Hustle Kings: £6.49
  • Super Stardust: Delta: £6.49
  • MotorStorm RC: £4.79

Escape Plan is an eye-catching, stylised side-scrolling platform puzzle game. Top Darts does exactly what it says on the tin. Hustle Kings is a 3D pool sim. Super Stardust: Delta is the latest in Housemarque's popular arcade shooter series, and MotorStorm RC is a Micro Machines-esque version of the PlayStation-exclusive off-road rally game.

You can access the PlayStation Store direct from the Vita to download these games.

http://www.eurogamer...nly-game-prices

Sony explains PlayStation Vita game price strategy

http://www.eurogamer...-price-strategy

ModNation Racers: Road Trip Review

http://www.eurogamer...oad-trip-review

EGTV: Eurogamer playtests PlayStation Vita

http://www.eurogamer...laystation-vita

No plans for Journey PlayStation Vita version

http://www.eurogamer...on-vita-version

Sony's $50m Vita marketing campaign targets PS3 owners

http://www.eurogamer...gets-ps3-owners

Mojang: no plans for Minecraft on Vita

http://www.eurogamer...necraft-on-vita

I still think they're pricing thing is a bit bullshit. Not so much the cheaper for shorter games thing, that's great. It's the whole charging 10 more than the 3rd parties for your big titles. I'm pretty sure the general idea was to do the opposite 5 to 10 less. Like they used to do on DS and stuff.

Soooo it seems like Vita is gonna have a nice launch eh? Kinda surprised Uncharted wasn't a guaranteed 9. What did it do wrong?

Got some Vita goods in the mail today, let's have a look shall we. smile.png

The following pictures taken on an amazing 3.0 megapixel cell phone camera, the quality is simply astonishing, please wear your designated goggles to shield your eyes from their beauty.

1. We have the memory card and Uncharted Golden Abyss box shot. So amazing.

IMG136.jpg

2. I wonder what could be in this amazing box, perhaps an awesome manual with cool artworkz!

IMG143.jpg

Oh lawdy even better, a box with a tiny cartridge and no manual to glance over for 3 seconds and look at the pretty pictures!

3. And here's the memory card you pay out the butt for, this thing is humongous. It's as big as my thumbnail! Now with lotion. :P

IMG142-1.jpg

Whoo hoo, shitty unboxing! Now I wait a week to play this shit. Thank you all for your time, cheerio.

Edit: ...I pay $50 for a game and don't even get a manual.

Edited by Silencer226
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hmmm? Are the Japanese games like that? No manual? It does make the inside of the box look kinda crap even though thats the direction we're going with games these days.

I wonder how many people will actually keep the boxes, since they take up so much room compared to the games themselves.

Manual comes preloaded in the game cart.

Honestly, if this spares me the 4 page b/w text pamphlets some developers have been shipping as manuals lately I'm all for it. Now they don't have the packaging costs excuse so let's go back to the old days when you bought a Sierra adventure game and spent half an hour happily reading all the paraphernalia that came in the box, a mix of gameplay details, additional backstory and copy protection.

Yeah, I said copy protection. Make people used to reading the fucking manuals.

Also good lord man put some lotion on that skin or else it gets the hose again

Manual comes preloaded in the game cart.

Honestly, if this spares me the 4 page b/w text pamphlets some developers have been shipping as manuals lately I'm all for it. Now they don't have the packaging costs excuse so let's go back to the old days when you bought a Sierra adventure game and spent half an hour happily reading all the paraphernalia that came in the box, a mix of gameplay details, additional backstory and copy protection.

Yeah, I said copy protection. Make people used to reading the fucking manuals.

Oh, so its preloaded, well that's good too I guess, the box just feels so light. Other than that, good deal.

Also good lord man put some lotion on that skin or else it gets the hose again

Yeah, was thinking the same thing when I took the picture. It's been updated. Hand sanitizer and my hands are not friends.

Edited by Silencer226

Eh, I'm still on the fence on this. I mean, the PS Vita itself looks pretty awesome and, going by that preview Shadzter posted, I'd probably like it but, aside from Gravity Rush, none of the games shown so far really interest me.

Quick question: Can you play downloadable PS2 games on the Vita?

At the moment no, but I think FFX is getting a hd remake or upscale one of the two.

Personally at the current price for a memory card, I wouldn't even want to download a ps2 game to my Vita.

• Thumbs Up 1

At the moment no, but I think FFX is getting a hd remake or upscale one of the two.

Personally at the current price for a memory card, I wouldn't even want to download a ps2 game to my Vita.

Alright, thanks. (o3o)b