Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

Had a go on the PS Vita at one of my local GAME's where my PS Vita is pre-ordered earlier. They've got it set up on a proper kiosk/stand now, so you don't have to ask staff for a go on it. It took a few minutes to get used to, but I love it. I played Wipeout and Gravity Rush, and apart from the loading times, Wipeout is pretty good. Gravity Rush is OH MY GOD DO WANT!

The small analogue sticks and face buttons feel a bit odd at first, but they're not bad at all. The touch screen is very responsive and works just fine. I couldn't get a proper feel for the system in my hands really because of the clamp/thing connected to the thick wire holding it to the kiosk. I could still lift it and move it around, but I didn't play any games that use the SixAxis motion controls.

Asked the staff about bundles but they STILL don't know what bundles they're offering yet. One of the staff said there's been a company meeting recently where they discussed them, but they can't share any details. They said they will definitely have some on release day. Seems odd to not be offering bundles to pre-order this close to release. They're taking deposits for games and memory cards, but given their financial situation, I'm starting to doubt they'll even get many games in, if any at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Picked up the new issue of Official PlayStation Magazine UK. Here's their feature on the PS Vita:

*Spoilered for size*

scan0053.jpg

scan0054.jpg

scan0055.jpg

scan0056.jpg

scan0057.jpg

scan0058.jpg

scan0059.jpg

scan0060.jpg

Can't seen the pics...

EDIT: Still not visible, but I managed to veiw them (copy paste the image link into browser search-bar if you have the same problem)

Thanks, Shadz

Edited by Scar

You're welcome.

<3 you, Carbo.

Here's the other 4 pages of game reviews:

*Spoilered for size*

scan0069.jpg

scan0070.jpg

scan0071.jpg

scan0072.jpg

I saw that this is coming out in four days at Gamestop so I decided to play the demos they had. Its actually pretty fun, I technically can buy it, but they're are barely any games I want and the ones that are out I can get for my PS3, so I'll wait and see what else comes out. I mean Persona 4 is on the way and I hear Gravity Rush is good.

I'll probably do the same thing I did with PSP, wait a few years then buy the thing and go on a shopping spree buying shit for it.

Just got mine pre-ordered (again, since we messed up the order before)

Picked up BlazBlue and a 16 gig memory stick today, and I'll be pickin it up on Tuesday! can't wait!

MORE IMPRESSIONS:

Played a little bit of Wipeout 2048 as well. The game feels just like HD Fury, which I thought was slightly impressive. Took me awhile to get used to the controls during the race, but I still ended up with a 2nd or 3rd place victory I think. The weapon system is pretty interesting, and the right use of them can give you a big lead. The load times are kinda outrageous (probably about as long, if not longer, than those of Sonic 06), but it's all worth it when you enter the lightning fast races. The game is extremely fluid and looks awesome in motion. The gritty visual style as opposed to the futuristic setting Wipeout is known for was a nice change of pace and looks pretty cool. Some reviewers found it distracting at times, but I was able to navigate the tracks easily (or semi easily, since I haven't played HD Fury in months).

Overall, I give the demo an 8/10. This might be a game I'll pick up soon.

Soooo it seems like Vita is gonna have a nice launch eh? Kinda surprised Uncharted wasn't a guaranteed 9. What did it do wrong?

I think it would had done better if they got Naughty Dog to develop the game and not SCE Bend Studios (despite Naughty Dog overseeing development of the game).

ND has two teams, one was busy with U3 (and is currently taking a little break before their next thing) and the other was given a new IP to experiment with. Besides, Bend's output on the PSP is generally regarded as excellent.

Golden Abyss was probably docked a whole point in reviews because it's strictly single player and nowadays everything and their dog ~needs~ online multiplayer modes. It's closer to U1 in the sense it has less environmental variety, and it has the must-use-gimmicks disease that plagues launch titles.

I'm curious to see how it turned out by myself, actually.

Edited by Dobkeratops

jkvwvr.jpg

Follow him on Twitter to join the PS Vita celebration and win prizes

http://uk.playstation.com/

Victor Ludus' Twitter page:

https://twitter.com/#!/VictorLudus

Victor Ludus' first tweet from 9 hours ago:

I am Victor Ludus. I am here to challenge you and your friends. Let's play!

https://twitter.com/...516554989678593

Victor Ludus is creepy. He's not as funny as Kevin Butler is.

I wonder if he'll last longer than Marcus PSP, anyone remember that guy? He appeared at E3, said "Yo! I'm Marcus PSP!" then randomly vanished... along with the Resident Evil PSP game.

Victor Ludus is creepy. He's not as funny as Kevin Butler is.

I wonder if he'll last longer than Marcus PSP, anyone remember that guy? He appeared at E3, said "Yo! I'm Marcus PSP!" then randomly vanished... along with the Resident Evil PSP game.

Ah yes, Marcus, the token black child with the annoying stereotypical ad that was supposed to reach out to the young people and make PSP look cool... Yeah... This is my first time hearing about Victor Ludus, I don't watch tv so I don't catch ads that often.

Edit: watching Vita ads... Sony still hasn't learned their lesson from the PS3 launch I see :P

Edited by Silencer226

GAME not selling Ubisoft Vita launch games

http://www.computera...a-launch-games/

Buy PS Vita for £197 at Asda

http://www.computera...und197-at-asda/

It's looking like HMV is currently offering the best in store deal right now. They're selling the Wi-Fi model for £229.99 + Uncharted Golden Abyss or Fifa Football free. Same deal applies to the £279.99 3G + Wi-Fi model. 4GB memory card is £14.99 and 8GB one is £29.99.

GAME is selling the Wi-Fi model for £229.99 and the 3G + Wi-Fi model for £279.99. You can buy any selected game with it for £25.

Gamestation is advertising the above deal too, but they also have a bundle for the Wi-Fi model. Bundle costs £299.99 and consists of PS Vita Wi-Fi model, Uncharted Golden Abyss, an 8GB memory card and a £10 PSN card. GAME said they will probably be doing this bundle too.

Toys R Us is going to be selling the Wi-Fi model for £209.99 on its own. They don't know about bundles until tomorrow. I didn't enquire about the 3G model.

Currys is selling the Wi-Fi model for £219.99 and have various bundles, including the one Gamestation has minus the £10 PSN voucher for £284.17(I think it was 17p anyway). They're also going to be offering 10% off games bought with a PS Vita.

Argos' catalogue lists the Wi-Fi model for £229.99 and the 3G model for £279.99.

Also FUUUUUU! It looks like Uncharted Golden Abyss was just available for 79p on the PS Store and I just missed it sad.png

http://www.hotukdeal...ownload-1149842

That game I keep spouting off about because it's fucking awesome just got reviewed by Eurogamer.

http://www.eurogamer...ity-daze-review

9/10... So why is this not a launch title again Sony, when many can see it's quite possibly the best game on the damn system.

I wish I could have bought Golden Abyss for cheap, it and the memory card cost me $79 altogether (not sure what that would be in pounds). Undecided if I'll pick up Blazblue with my Vita tomorrow, might do it, because I've never played that series.

Edited by Silencer226
  • Thumbs Up 2

That game I keep spouting off about because it's fucking awesome just got reviewed by Eurogamer.

http://www.eurogamer...ity-daze-review

9/10... So why is this not a launch title again Sony, when many can see it's quite possibly the best game on the damn system.

Good things come to those who wait. Not being a launch title isn't going to kill you, just wait like everyone else

Good things come to those who wait. Not being a launch title isn't going to kill you, just wait like everyone else

Oh I am waiting, very patiently. :P

That's how launches work. Not everything actually comes out on launch day, and rather in the first couple of months that's referred to as a "Launch Window".

Looks like an outstanding game. Perhaps one of the best ways to kick-start a console's life, even if its a couple months away from release here. I'm all for brand new IP's and I'd rather see more new games than just consistantly relying upon old faces to shift units.

Just got my PS Vita late Christmas present from HMV with Uncharted Golden Abyss, a 16GB memory card and the pre-order pack despite not pre-ordering from them. GAME wouldn't price match HMV's deal and their 'deal' sucks donkey balls. Another guy in there also took his business elsewhere, and this guy was cheekier than me and my Dad in the sense that he actually showed the GAME staff member newspaper clippings of ASDA and HMV's deals laugh.png I felt so bad for the staff member.

GAME's deal is the exact same Gamestation deal I mentioned yesterday; you get the PS Vita (Wi-Fi), Uncharted Golden Abyss, an 8GB memory card and a £10 PSN voucher for £299.99. HMV gives you the PS Vita (Wi-Fi) and either Uncharted Golden Abyss or Fifa Football for £229.99. 4GB memory card is £14.99, 8GB is £29.99 and 16GB is £39.99.

Just put my PS Vita on charge now, so I can have a play with it this afternoon before I go to work later in the day.

EDIT:

Oh, and GAME would only let my Dad have his £10 deposit back in gift card form. Better than losing it altogether I guess. I've had the card to put towards a game sometime and I'm giving him the £10 back.

Well, my Amazon parcel shipped.

Let's see, factoring my typical luck I will expect it to get lost during transit, so I will have to wait a month before they send me another which will arrive after 2 weeks in a very damaged box and when I turn the system on half the screen will be dead pixels. Oh, and the game case will be full of angry bees.

And yet, I wouldn't have it any other way. Spain is different.